Macro for different Holy Words

Hi there,

I wanted to ask whether anyone could help me with a macro.
    Its kinda difficult I assume, since I am planning to have all the different Holy Words bound to one key.
    So in its normal form, it would be
    - Holy Word: Chastise (TARGET = Mouseover)
    When on Chakra "Serenity", it should be
    - Holy Word: Serenity (TARGET = Mouseover)
    and now the tricky part, when on Chakra "Sanctuary"
    it should just be
    - Holy Word: Sanctuary (no Mouseover TARGET)

does anybody get what I'm saying? Would appreciate any help.
    I use Grid and Mouseover Macros to heal, but as Holy Word: Sanctuary does not target a player, i'm getting into trouble.

Cheers!

I am not 100% sure, but macros with 2 spells that don't have a cooldown don't exactly function properly. I am positive that there is a fix though...
    There may/may not be a space after the commas...I don't recall.

/cast Holy Word: Chastise [@mouseover, harm]
    /cast Holy Word: Serenity [@mouseover, help]
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary [modifier:shift, @mouseover, help]

I hope that works?

Edited because I know that wont work...
    You would need to make modifiers for each key because otherwise the game would keep trying to cast the first spell in the macro on whatever your mouseover is.
    Last edited by Conradek; 2010-11-30 at 03:52 PM.

this should work
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, harm] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cast [@mouseover, help] Holy Word: Serenity 
    /cast Holy Word: Sanctuary
    You would need to make modifiers for each key because otherwise the game would keep trying to cast the first spell in the macro on whatever your mouseover is.
    As long as the stuff in the brackets resolves to be false the line is essentially ignored. @mouseover is not technically a conditional so alone this would be a problem; however, when combined with the exists conditional the command will only resolve to true if you actually have a mouseover target. In this case the help and harm conditionals imply exists and therefore it is not neeeded.
    Last edited by Dwing; 2010-11-30 at 04:12 PM.

A mouseover macro doesn't help much, because you are still raid healing while casting Sanctuary, so the game would try to still cast Serenity (and fail).

OP: You can't have a macro or an addon respond to having a buff. You can, however, have a macro that says "click this button" (/click ActionBar16 I think?) Which, if using an unmodified Chastise there, will automatically update your macro. I myself have been running without while trying to figure out lua for a Chakra State addon.

Work in Progress is a work in progress though :-/
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This is the macro i am using:

#showtooltip holy word: chastise
    /target [@mouseover, exists]
    /click ActionButtonX
    /targetlasttarget

In order to make it work you need to have, as kelesti said, an unmodified chastise somewhere on your action bars. If you keybind this macro to 3 you'll need to replace X in the macro with the number of the key with the unmodified chastise spell.

Its easy to identify button numbers when using the standard interface (just look up the keybindings in options) however if you're using bartender this wont work. Bartender uses its own key numbers and the easiest way to find out the correct button number imo is by using this macro

/run print(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

You just mouse over the button you want to identify and run the macro. it should look like this : BT4Button104 for example

10+ Year Old Account
    I would use

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Holy Word: Serenity
    /cast [Mod:shift] Holy Word: Sanctuary
    Hope this helps. http://www.macroexplain.com is a good site for checking if your macros work.