Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MalooTakant View Post
    just a heads up haste> mastery so this BiS list is off... if your ele and looking for info on ele this is the wrong place to look. Totemspot.com ftw
    I believe this is the same list as on Totemspot.com

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the one I linked to there, yes, but it's not the official BiS list

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Is that Gale of shadows trinket any good for elemental shammys? i was thinking of getting it for the haste on it
    The haste is awesome, the other use is horrible takes far too long to get full maximum, probably takes a full FS duration to get it fully stacked. Decided to give it to a druid (5 seconds to get full stack >.> )

Also wanted to add, the Legs from Hyjal revered (Wilderness Legguards) can be a good substitution if you aren't lucky with the other drops from heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Durakghar View Post
    I believe this is the same list as on Totemspot.com
    Look at the first reply to that thread for a haste-centric set
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wigman View Post
    The haste is awesome, the other use is horrible takes far too long to get full maximum, probably takes a full FS duration to get it fully stacked. Decided to give it to a druid (5 seconds to get full stack >.> )

Also wanted to add, the Legs from Hyjal revered (Wilderness Legguards) can be a good substitution if you aren't lucky with the other drops from heroic.
    with higher haste tho we may be able to reach the full stack faster than you think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigman View Post

It's still good on raid bosses. Just takes some time to stack at the start then we have the full spellpower for the rest of the fight.

Might be worth adding a few of the Epic PVP items in here or at least a nod toward them.

Conquest points are extremely easy to get - stupidly easy in fact. Especially as an Ele Shammy, roll in, pop hero splurge a few instants, maybe pop Hex since nobody is using a pvp trinket just yet and then nuke the crap out of somone using EM, it's very easy, especially when u have a decent amount of mastery - make the most of it if you like PVE but casually play PVP because you will soon get beaten by Resi.

6 wins gives the cap (ish) and in 2 weeks you can have a 359 weapon with a bitch load of SP or fill in another gap where the item just wont drop.

Great thx dude

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the list, but I'm not sure about the Meta gem. More blue than red seems crazy. I have 4 gems slots now in my pre-heroic gear, and none of them are blue.... Should I use a different meta gem until I can meet the requirement? Is blizzard supposedly changing the requirement?

Yes, there was a blue-post about the meta-requirements and they will be changed back to the old requirements: at least 2 blue gems. Endus said in his Elemental FAQ that he'll do math on metagems once Blizzard fixes this.

Looks like your list is similar to maxdps.com best in slot list assuming you started at 0 haste.

However to let people know when you do achieve haste cap you can swap some gear around and achieve better stats since the new reforge is there.

Gale of Shadows, though it takes 1 full FS to tick, I would say it would rate a lot higher than the tendrils easily, a mastery proc though very nice can only do so much as opposed to a flat (once full stacked) that the gale offers.

Also the Ramakhan belt i would say outweighs both the drop + justice point one simply because of our stats, hit cap > intel/sp > haste > mastery > crit

though some may argue mastery > haste its hard to save as a passive bonus vs a proc %.

Otherwise this guide is quite a good start for any new shamans as it comprises of good items to cover different sections.

Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity View Post
    Looks like your list is similar to maxdps.com best in slot list assuming you started at 0 haste.

However to let people know when you do achieve haste cap you can swap some gear around and achieve better stats since the new reforge is there.

Gale of Shadows, though it takes 1 full FS to tick, I would say it would rate a lot higher than the tendrils easily, a mastery proc though very nice can only do so much as opposed to a flat (once full stacked) that the gale offers.

Also the Ramakhan belt i would say outweighs both the drop + justice point one simply because of our stats, hit cap > intel/sp > haste > mastery > crit

though some may argue mastery > haste its hard to save as a passive bonus vs a proc %.

Otherwise this guide is quite a good start for any new shamans as it comprises of good items to cover different sections.

Thumbs up.
    The Ramkahen rep belt is about equal with the crafted LW belt and will be better or worse depending on how much spirit you need. The LW belt probably isn't worth the investment unless you are a LW and are swimming in Chaos Orbs or are just plain drowning in gold.

I'm planning on re-creating mine to see what the best allocation of stats is across the heroic pieces including reforges.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

This has got to be one of the most useful posts in this section of the forums, Good job with the list!
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    The Ramkahen rep belt is about equal with the crafted LW belt and will be better or worse depending on how much spirit you need. The LW belt probably isn't worth the investment unless you are a LW and are swimming in Chaos Orbs or are just plain drowning in gold.

I'm planning on re-creating mine to see what the best allocation of stats is across the heroic pieces including reforges.
    The reason why i weighed the belt high is simply because spirit = hit + haste + socket (and additional one if you put the buckle) its stats are excellent for elemental shamans, the LW belt is a plain waste of money, the leather version has better stats but you lose mail spec bonus.

Also most the pieces i'm swimming in are spirit haste, i choose spirit haste > haste mastery etc, due to the point that you can always reforge spirit to mastery if you don't need any more hit, and spirit/haste gear will allow you to use better trinkets than the +hit and spellpower proc one thats listed, the gale of shadows destroys it.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity View Post
    The reason why i weighed the belt high is simply because spirit = hit + haste + socket (and additional one if you put the buckle) its stats are excellent for elemental shamans, the LW belt is a plain waste of money, the leather version has better stats but you lose mail spec bonus.

Also most the pieces i'm swimming in are spirit haste, i choose spirit haste > haste mastery etc, due to the point that you can always reforge spirit to mastery if you don't need any more hit, and spirit/haste gear will allow you to use better trinkets than the +hit and spellpower proc one thats listed, the gale of shadows destroys it.
    Reforging the Crit for Haste on the LW belt and assuming a reckless in the Sash of Prophecy and the stat comparison is:

75 Haste and 150 Spirit vs 18 Int, 113 Crit, and 136 Mastery.

Let us assume that you used the 150 spirit to allow yourself to reforge into 150 Mastery on your other Haste/Spirit pieces. This changes the stat comparison to:

75 Haste and 14 Mastery vs 18 Int and 113 Crit.

Using Bink's rough stat weights from his 4.0.3 Ele guide on totemspot you get:

75*57 + 14*45 = 4275 + 630 = 4905 vs 18*100 + 113*28 = 1800 + 3164 = 4964

4964 > 4905 Albeit just barely. I'll stand by what I said before. Prophecy is better if you need the spirit or can reforge into haste with the spirit or are just plain poor. Stormleather is better if you can get it dirt cheap and the spirit from Prophecy is completely unnecessary.

You won't stay hit capped in full 359 gear unless you either A) take Crit/Spirit pieces, B) Reforge Mastery or Haste into spirit, or C) Get Stump of Time.

I also wanted to point out alot of the tier 1 and 2 pvp gear has better stats than some of the heroic gear (except resil obviously). But some peices you can afford to take resil because the other item jusst doesnt have the stats it needs. This includes the weapon and some other peices. Full pvp gear obviously wont cut it for raids but its a nice start towards your set

i was looking for something like this for pre-raid so i could get ready and have the best gear possible and i made it a purpose to do the instances i needed to for the gear but the rng on some items really blows but i will keep trying

thanks for this list

This is great, thank you
    1) But which crafted pieces are worth getting that are not gonna be overruled by heroic pieces?
    2) And does anyone know of a list like this for restoration?