Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Making a warrior in cata

Iv decided im going to make a warrior in cataclysm, mainly for pvp, but also tanking.
    Its going to be horde so what do u think the best race is for pvp/tanking?

also.. If some1 pvpd on a warrior in cata can u tell me wat it was like? was it frun?

and also.. are there any warrior websites out there?

Thanks guys

There is no best race for any certain class/spec. The bonuses are so minimal that it hardly makes any difference.

At the moment, PvP as a warrior can be fun if you're protection. From personal expiriance I can say that Protection is much more useful and enjoyable than Fury/Arms.

The Guardian Tank and their podcast are a great source for information. There are many other sites that focus on the warrior class and general tanking, I suggest using Google to find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tankspot is great for Warrior tank info. Just do your research, get the correct macros (For PvP) and enjoy.

Welcome to the fold.

Warriors are a blast.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Navixo View Post
    There is no best race for any certain class/spec. The bonuses are so minimal that it hardly makes any difference.

At the moment, PvP as a warrior can be fun if you're protection. From personal expiriance I can say that Protection is much more useful and enjoyable than Fury/Arms.

The Guardian Tank and their podcast are a great source for information. There are many other sites that focus on the warrior class and general tanking, I suggest using Google to find them.
    There are in fact best races depending on spec.
    For instance, 1% Crit from Worgen (and run speed) or 1% Hit from Dranaei for an Unholy death knight blow the Night Elf dps advantage (absolutely nothing) out of the water. It's kind of like saying proffesions provide no real bonus.

OT: Anyway, if I were you, i'd try an Orc, seeing as they are just really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm creating a Worgen Warrior and just playing them a little bit on the ptr I can say warriors are insane to play. Played right they are unstoppable for the most part. Great tanks, Awesome DPS and a force to be reckoned with in PvP.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be making a Goblin warrior, because I think the goblins are badass :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadalive View Post
    For instance, 1% Crit from Worgen (and run speed) or 1% Hit from Dranaei for an Unholy death knight blow the Night Elf dps advantage (absolutely nothing) out of the water. It's kind of like saying proffesions provide no real bonus.

As I said, these bonuses are so minimal that it hardly makes a difference. Choosing a race should be about pesonal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Navixo View Post
    As I said, these bonuses are so minimal that it hardly makes a difference. Choosing a race should be about pesonal taste.
    I do agree with this, personal preference should override near minimal Dps gains, I was just stating that if he's truly torn for preference, the racial abilities should be what decides what race he chooses.

whats fun about warrior ? he is the weakest class imo... except wariros almost all classes r op they always suck at 1v1 if the gear is equal if i were u i wouldnt play warrior at cata play rogue - dk or feral druid or hunter if u want to play melee...

As far as race goes, orc and troll have the best dps racials. Orcs have expertise with axes, as well as an on use attack power racial, while trolls have a +20% attack speed cooldown. Both are pretty good.

For tanking, Tauren have extra stamina, and they have an AoE stun for pvp. I don't really see much of a benefit to being undead or blood elf, though BEs have that AoE silence.

Concerning personal prefrence though, I gotta say Tauren. I normally play alliance, and I just love the Tauren model, as well as their combat animations. Playing a Tauren just makes you feel powerful. Makes me sad when my deathbringer's will proc runs out and I go back to being a human.

I always preferred the looks or feel of one race to the other. I can't stand the slow Tauren gait, so I had to choose from orc, undead, or troll. Ended up with Orc, though regretted my decision until I got an actual feel for the story behind my guy and came to identify with him.

All sounds dumb in the end. If you want best, look up their bonuses and compare. You'd simply have to decide between something small like haste vs. attack power, which may end up switching in which is actually better due to patches and gear level.

Deleted
    you should go for an ORC. They got blood fury racial and increased expertise with axes. Also reduced stun durations. Go female too they jus look badass in plate gear ^^

i switched my warrior around in beta quite a bit, orc, troll, BE, goblin (i cant stand tauren, and being basically immune to fear as a warrior is silly), and honestly, the bonuses are NOT negligible.

Being BE for tanking is very helpful, as the only way to get rage normally without being in combat (battle/commanding) or glyphs has a CD. that extra bit of rage doesnt seem like much, but in a situation where a mob is running at your healer because he put a hot on you right before you pull and you dont have a chance to hit the mob yet can save the healers life. as well, its very nice to have a silence (rather than just an interrupt) as a tank so you dont HAVE to rely on dps to interrupt.

Trolls are wonderful for the dps boost, but as well haste increases rage generation. especially for fury (where the haste stacks very well with a few other fury skills) popping bers pretty much fills your rage bar the entire time the buff is up. and rage correlates to damage even more now than previous patches.

orc isnt bad, it is nice to have that extra bit of expertise, and blood fury is a decent amount of attack power at 85 now. just a bit of extra dps which you can use on the same CD as other AP+ things (potions and trinkets and the like).

goblin honestly doesnt have anything great going for them. in pvp rocket jump is nice when flag running, or getting to an opponent when charge/cept are on CD, and it is nice to have an extra ranged attack (even if weak), but overall i found it pretty underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Titancore View Post
    whats fun about warrior ? he is the weakest class imo... except wariros almost all classes r op they always suck at 1v1 if the gear is equal if i were u i wouldnt play warrior at cata play rogue - dk or feral druid or hunter if u want to play melee...
    My brain hurts from reading that. What's the average age of WoW players these days?

I'll be rolling a Goblin Warrior..... Rocket Jump Racial + Heroic Leap will be legit in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee23 View Post
    you should go for an ORC. They got blood fury racial and increased expertise with axes. Also reduced stun durations. Go female too they jus look badass in plate gear ^^
    they look like male humans in plate gear, without the funny walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls are wonderful for the dps boost, but as well haste increases rage generation. especially for fury (where the haste stacks very well with a few other fury skills) popping bers pretty much fills your rage bar the entire time the buff is up. and rage correlates to damage even more now than previous patches.
    Thats really exaggerated, berserking doesnt guarantee full rage bar, be it tank or dps. It helps, yes, but its 20% attack speed, a tank will be using a 2.6 weapon, assume 10% haste aura plus berserking and it wont even go under 2.0 speed, thats about 20 rage every 2 seconds instead of 20 rage every 2 seconds and half. Not that big difference, but yes, it helps a little on pulls, which is when you really need it.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadalive View Post

Best sig ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye those melee hunters are unstopabble i hear...

Oh, you.

In other news, Tauren are "technically" the best race for tanking, in that they will have more stamina than another warrior in equal gear, but it really comes down to simple aesthetics. YOu do what you like the best, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.