10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man 3 - 6.5/10. RDJ was great as per the norm, there were some elements I didn't like in it, such as the twist, however: Ben Kingsley still had it so I was laughing after it, even though I hated myself for doing so.

Django Unchained: 8.5/10. Freaking fantastic movie, I loved Waltz's character as per the norm, and Foxx was pretty damn good in it too.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Le magasin des suicidés / The suicide shop - 8/10
    I really loved the animation and the artwork of the movie and the story was original (based on a book I think).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Iron Man 3: 4/10. Robert Downey Jr gets 10/10 for his acting, though, the only thing that made the movie endurable.

Issues I have with this movie:

The most prominent scenes do not include Iron Man, or if they do, they include comic relief. (Tony Stark gets hit in the groin with his armor.)
    The Mandarin is not the Mandarin
    Tony Stark as Sam Fischer
    Tony Stark turned into Bruce Wayne's depressiv "why can't I get my shit together" self. If he had no trouble sleeping after being held several months captive in a cave you would figure that a 3 minute trip to space fighting robot aliens should be a piece of cake, or his near-death experience from Palladium poisening. His whole anxiety is completly stupid.
    It renders the Peptalk Tony held for Bruce Banner in the Avengers completly pointless.
    It renders Iron Man 2 completly pointless. Iron Man 2 ist Tony Stark's struggle to stay alive. "Congratulations, Sir, you just created a new element." "Yeah, won't need it in 12 months anymore, so..." At the end of IM 3 we learn that he could just take the shrapnell out as easy as I change my underwear. Why didn't he do that in the first place?
    Memorable characters from this movie in ranking order: Tony Stark, that small kid who didn't bring him his sandwich, Ben Kingsley as "Look, I'm not actually Moriarty, but an actor" the Mandarin, Pepper Pots, as badass and very well in shape for her age, Yilsin, the botanist girl, the villain. What was his name? And his scheme? I forgot.

Robert Downy Jr is an excellent actor and delivers a wonderfull performance. I laughed a lot. But I definetly didn't get what I expected. If this was the first movie of Marvels second movie phase, count me out for the rest. I cannot recommend the movie to anyone else.

3D was not present.
    I'll agree with you there and it's pretty spot on, the script and what they figured to be a "story" was just a mess. I understand that they tried to make the movie about Tony Stark and that the man makes the suit but, at the end, it was just Miami Vice, especially on the speedboat, and during the end credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scent of a Woman - What a fine movie. It's an old one but I'd never got round to watching it.

10/10
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    The Expendables 2 3/10

Just because it is pure action, otherwise lower I think :P

Ironman 3 - 5/10, RDJ 10/10.

If IM3 was in fact about the real Mandarin and the 10 rings power(which in 3d IMAX would have been insanely good looking) i wouldve given this movie a 10, but instead you get Shane Black and Drew Pierce butcher a story arc built by all the comics.

Deleted
    Serenity 10/10

For what had to be explained in such a short time it was really good. Except Books and Washes death

Silver Linings Playbook - 8.5/10
    very unconventional romcom. incredible acting, jennifer lawrence's award was well deserved as well as the other nom's. pleasantly surprised since i don't usually go for that genre.

Ironman 3 - 6.5/10
    Mandarin was a let down for me and almost everything after gwyneth falling was cringe-worthy and cliche. but overall entertaining and enjoyed it at the end of the day. plus i love guy pearce. was super excited to know he'd be in this movie and definitely did not dissappoint.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - 7/10
    sue me. guilty pleasure. people say that the subsequent pirate movies were unnecessary, but the second film in and of itself is a lot of fun, ridiculous sure, but still undeniably fun. probably even better than the first personally. good story too. and you who dislikes the Pirates theme music has no soul.

for me to give movies 9's or 10's they'd better be damn near perfect, and it would probably be one of my favorite movies of all time. can't say that about those 3.

The Amazing Spider Man : 5/10.
    It was okay. It was as okay as anything can be.
    Minus for not including the sentence "With great power comes great responsibility".
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Ironman 3 - 8/10. Very entertaining! As always, Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was excellent. There were parts of the movie that were less than stellar, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.

The Cabin in the Woods 7.5/10

It was good, I liked it more for the laughter than the scares and it felt more like a Scary Movie that didn't have to try really hard to actaully be funny. That being said, while I'm not a huge horror movie fan I have seen quite a few and don't think it's the best thing that ever happened to horror like 9 out of 10 people that saw it say. The ending was fairly random and unpredictable, I'll give it that. Well, if you like horror and you like comedy and you haven't seen this yet, you'll like it.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy A - 6/10 Overall --------------------------------- 9/10 Emma Stone

It was alright, just your average movie though. There were a couple funny scenes but other than that it was your average funny movie. Emma Stone just makes me give the movie a 9/10, she's gorgeous.

Deleted
    Iron Man 3 6.5/10
    The movie was entertaining, RDJ is perfect as Tony Stark as always, but there was some parts that almost ruined the the movie for me, like the whole Mandarin thing. Another thing that bothered me was how weak Tony's suits seemed to be, I mean in the other Iron Man movies and The Avengers he's suit was freaking strong and took some way harder hits than in this one. RDJ still managed to save the movie for me, but the first Iron Man movie remains the best imo.

A few other movies I've watche recently:

The Butterly Effect 7.5/10
    Half Light 5/10
    Final Destination 5 3.5/10
    Wrath of the Titans 4/10
    Butterfly on a Wheel 7/10

Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/10

It was better than the Prequel, but it lacked scenery. About 90% of the movie took place on Earth and on Enterprise. The story was good and acting was great.

Looper - 8/10.

Really enjoyed this one. I think the one major flaw was the... somewhat nonsensical way the past affected the future. You'll know what I mean if you see it - but then again, it's a movie about time travel, it's not exactly like that aspect can be done "right" :P

I'd definitely recommend people watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    Looper - 8/10.

Really enjoyed this one. I think the one major flaw was the... somewhat nonsensical way the past affected the future. You'll know what I mean if you see it - but then again, it's a movie about time travel, it's not exactly like that aspect can be done "right" :P

I'd definitely recommend people watch.
    Indeed, I loved this movie. It was all worth it for that bad ass explosive scene that I'm quite sure you know I'm talking about. I had to skip the movie back a couple of times and watch it again
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If he had no trouble sleeping after being held several months captive in a cave you would figure that a 3 minute trip to space fighting robot aliens should be a piece of cake, or his near-death experience from Palladium poisening. His whole anxiety is completly stupid.
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the part of grabbing a nuke, flying into outer space and being just seconds away from being sealed away in deep space when it goes off is what the anxiety is about.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

ParaNorman (2012). Children's stop-animation movie. 7.5/10, seemed like it would hold up well for repeat viewings for little kids; decently clever movie with a few good lines on morality and "fear" that it doesn't sacrifice for the serious undertones when trying to also please adult critics.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-05-12 at 03:10 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Alien Visitor (1995?)
    Just some movie I found in the Sci-fi section of Netflix. Thought it was boring, hardly anything to do with fictional science, felt like a movie directed towards awareness of nature abuse, enviro fanatics, and tree huggers. The only thing I liked about it was the panoramic time laps nature shots.
    I give it a 2.5 out of 5 rating.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-05-12 at 03:12 PM.

Evil Dead (2013 remake)

7/10

Overall an okay remake, they removed pretty much all the comedy in return for horror and gore. They had some really disturbing scenes, which wasn't present in the original trilogy. Overall I liked the Original movies much better. The first movie showed more paranormal stuff, better characters, better atmosphere overall demon designs. My favorite Evil Dead is probably the 2nd one, followed by a tie with 1 and 3. 1 = horror, 3 = comedy trough.

Also Bruce Campbell wasn't in this movie, that should be a crime. THIS... IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!!!!