Frozen. Just got back from taking my 2 sons to see it. 7/10. No real emotional development during the film. There are some unexpected elements, but this is one of the weaker Disney films.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

I somehow wound up watching a Danish film called At World's End (there are too many movies with similar titles IMO).

It was a weird story and somewhere between violent action movie and offbeat comedy, but I found myself enjoying it. Not exactly sure why. It was funny in parts, exciting in parts, and... well unique. Overall I give it a good rating and recommend it provided you don't minding checking your suspension of disbelief at the door.

P.S. I've found myself watching a few Scandinavian things lately, Let the Right One In (P.S. the original movie is really good and the American version is also surprisingly good), Real Humans (enjoyed it a lot though I felt the end of season 1 was a bit of a fizzer) and the Bridge (which is just terrific, I need to watch season 2 and maybe some of the adaptations as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Coltephilos View Post
    The last movie that I saw was "Skyfall". Mind you, it was roughly around my third time watching it... but I love that movie. I'd rate it about an 8/10.
    I really disliked that movie. It meandered around, couldn't decide if it was some kind of new Bond or an homage to classic Bond, and ended up with the weirdest implications for the timeline in any movie series ever. It couldn't figure out what to do with Javier Bardem and the end of the movie turned into an English country manor version of Home Alone for some bizarre reason. And seeing as M dies anyway you wonder what the point of the whole damn thing was.

Like the rest of the new Bonds the only good parts were the ones with M, who is much more interesting and fun to watch than Bond is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Frozen. 10/10

7th time I've seen it, still leaves my in tears 5 minutes in.

Story is excellent, music is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Frozen. Just got back from taking my 2 sons to see it. 7/10. No real emotional development during the film. There are some unexpected elements, but this is one of the weaker Disney films.
    Oh man

Opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Last 2 movies I saw:

The broken Circle Breakdown

8/10. Really liked the movie, and the acting is very solid. I'm from Belgium, though, so might be a bit biased

Jagten (The Hunt)

9.5/10

The best movie I've seen in a long time. Brilliant acting. It's not an action-packed film, but it never gets slow or boring. Amazing movie, and a must-see.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnandersonn View Post
    the movie I've recently seen is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which I did enjoy a lot!!!!! 7/10
    Whatever Mod banned him must have really hated Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...

American History X -
    9/10 - One of my favourite films ever. Seen it countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Whatever Mod banned him must have really hated Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...
    He wasn't infracted for that post.

- - - Updated - - -

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - 6/10
    Not as good as the first one, which I gave 7/10. Still okay though, and quite entertaining, but a bit in the "been there, done that" territory with evil idols turning you against your friends.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-01-09 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    American History X -
    9/10 - One of my favourite films ever. Seen it countless times.
    Ahh yes easily my favorite movie.

Just watched grudge match, 6.3 imo, barely worth watching. Tbh I enjoyed here comes the boom more than this.

Saw the wolf of wall street yesterday, unfortunately I downloaded a version with about 15 minutes of explicit scenes cut out, nevertheless was a really good movie, 7.7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    He wasn't infracted for that post.
    It was a joke...

Pain & Gain
    5/10
    it was kind of funny (especially because it is a true story), but overall not really that good

Deleted
    Gravity 7/10

It was ok but kinda confusing and a bit too short. Was Clooney dead or alive or what was going on with that? Also I didn't understand how all the space stations got hit by debris right after Ryan got to them. The satellites just couldn't have produced that much close flying stuff to cover all their orbits and completely destroy them.

So the message of the movie was "don't go to space again.. ever, cause you'll be torn apart by a swarm of killer satellite pieces the moment you get there. There is no where to hide, there is no where to run, they're gonna get you!". Other than that, it was pretty good and watchable though.

Frozen 10/10, together with Tangled the best movies I have ever seen.

Escape Plan- 8,5/10

I like that sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzeneger are still doing quality action movies although stallone seems a bit tired.

The Wolf of Wall Street - 8/10

While not normally my cup of tea, this was an interesting and fun movie. In the same way Spec Ops: The Line pokes fun at modern shooters by being like them mechanically, so is The Wolf of Wall Street like the crazy and immoral life Jordan Belfort & Co. lives. Some have argued that the movie showed this lifestyle as being good, while others think they showed it as being bad, and then some thinks it shows that we live in a world where messed up people like this can skrew us badly and get away with it, but it's the kind of movie where it can differ a lot what you take away from it, which is interesting. In some way, I suppose they are all right at the same time.

The movie is three hours long, and while I can't call it boring, I did feel worn out sometimes during the movie. It had some great hilarious moments and everybody played their role well (DiCaprio especially). Apparently, this is also the movie in which the word "fuck" is said the most times (506 allegedly). There's also a fair share of nudity in it, and obviously drugs upon drugs. The dark humor may seem creepy and terrible to some, but if you're in on the humor, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Gravity 7/10

It was ok but kinda confusing and a bit too short. Was Clooney dead or alive or what was going on with that?
    I think it was a dream or hallucination, he wasn't in the craft w/her when she landed on earth.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Here's the template:

Movie Title
    Rating (out of 10)
    Review (can be as long as you like, please include why you liked/disliked the movie)

Have fun!
    The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
    4 / 10
    In the interest of saying nothing negative I'll say nothing. I will say that anyone who wants to see this film (but hasn't yet) is encouraged to think of it as an Xbox trailer. It's also helpful to forget how heat conduction works, and maybe to assume thermodynamics has different laws in Middle-Earth. Alcohol is useful in this.

Probably skipping the third, obviously.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Nymphomaniac: Part One
    9,5/10
    God, that movie was amazing. The way we were getting the story, the stories themselves, I loved almost everything about this movie.
    Last edited by mmoce4b3c5a288; 2014-01-11 at 07:48 AM.

The Hobbit 2 seen in 3d HFR IMAX

8.5/10

The graphics were great, the action scenes were exciting and at times humorous, but after reading the book nearly a dozen times when I was younger I simply cannot give 10/10 for a movie that should have only been 30 minutes long (going off of the actual material).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    The Hobbit 2 seen in 3d HFR IMAX

8.5/10

The graphics were great, the action scenes were exciting and at times humorous, but after reading the book nearly a dozen times when I was younger I simply cannot give 10/10 for a movie that should have only been 30 minutes long (going off of the actual material).
    Actually I think the length of the movie trilogy is just right or even a bit too short. Hobbit was one of the first books I read from cover to cover all by myself when I was little and it took me over a month to finish it. Sure I was a really slow leader when I was 7 or 8 but I still think the book has more than enough material. It just doesn't stop on most events for too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think it was a dream or hallucination, he wasn't in the craft w/her when she landed on earth.
    That was really the only part that annoyed me about gravity. Hallucinations should not give you crucial plot details (cough dark knight rises). Anyways I think too many people are looking for a hidden plot or meaning in that movie. It's a pure entertainment movie, that is extremely fast paced. She needs to get down to earth, because she'll be ripped to shreds if she stays up there. That's it enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    That was really the only part that annoyed me about gravity. Hallucinations should not give you crucial plot details (cough dark knight rises). Anyways I think too many people are looking for a hidden plot or meaning in that movie. It's a pure entertainment movie, that is extremely fast paced. She needs to get down to earth, because she'll be ripped to shreds if she stays up there. That's it enjoy!
    The subconscious in the form of hallucinations. They deduce it or remember it, visualized by illusions of the mind.