Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I like you.

You really have no shame, do you? Reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You haven't watched Fight Club or American Beauty?
    Dude what are you doing with your life? Hurry up, they are masterpieces.
    I saw Fight Club. I think it's like a 9 or 9.5. I think, I forgot. It'd probably be a 10 if we were in 1999.

American Beauty I read the IMDB summary of and ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel like it's gonna drag on. It's on the to-do I guess, but lower priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    "*" means I've given it 10/10, the others I've given 9/10:
    Surprised at some. Alright consider it added to the spreadsheet. I saw some of those already, though. Probably "most" of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    --snip--
    I... uh... really disliked the entire Christian Bale Batman trilogy.

As an aside, I just re-watched all the Harry Potter movies for probably the 5th time in my life (yes, rookie numbers I know).

Deathly Hallows 2 - 9.5/10
    Goblet of Fire - 9/10
    Sorcerer's Stone - 9/10
    Half-Blood Prince - 8.5/10
    Goblet of Fire - 8.5/10
    Deathly Hallows 1 - 8/10
    Order of the Phoenix - 8/10
    Chamber of Secrets - 7/10
    Prisoner of Azkaban - 6/10
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-09-11 at 09:14 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    The Dark Tower - 0/10

utter shite. Its like Hollywood pick Idris Alba and throw him into the worst films they have. What a waste of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Did you like I Saw the Devil?
    It was alright. The style was well done but the symbolism was rather heavy handed. It erred closed to drama than horror but was not totally effective as either. Not bad but not super compelling after the first third. By the time you get to the cannibalism it's pretty tame and the feeling of intensity is sorta dispersed in the drama of the leads.

Maybe I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

One last attempt: In the Realm of the Senses by Nagisa Ōshima?
    Seen it. If you mean the movie with the actors screwing, yea it was okay. Also pretty tame but I recall the acting to be excellent. Especially the dude who first meets her in the tea house or whatever it was.

Been a long time since seeing the movie though. Over 15 years or so.

Deleted
    Batman and Harley Quinn - 2/10

Boring shit. Tries too hard to be funny but isn't. Bad action. Bad anything really.

I truly have no idea why they would make this movie.

(I'm saying this for @Arctagon 's sake who will probably be mad I rated it relatively lowly)
    Why would I be mad that you have an opinion? Besides, I haven't got the foggiest idea how your rating system works. For all I know, you only use the bottom half of the scale, in which case a 3.25 is good. It certainly beats all the other films you've posted in this thread recently.

Deleted
    Death Note Light Up the New World (2016) - 5.8/10

It was ok to watch but it's missing all the "mindblowns" and plot twists from the anime. Very uneventful and predictable.
    Only the ending wasn't predictable...but it was bad.
    The first 2 movies were way better. Probably because it was heavily based on the Anime/Manga.

Wonder Woman - 5.5/10

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    alice in wonderland (the original)
    Saw Alice in Wonderland just now on desktop.

Holy shit if Walt Disney could animate like that in 1951 why the fuck are people watching scrub cartoons and anime today? The animation quality was basically as good as today's level of stuff. Honestly it was probably even better and less lazy.

It was highly entertaining (although it dragged on some scenes), but there's like no plot and it's so unusual that I don't consider it a movie. Not even sure how I'd rate it. Probably a middle score like 4.

The best part was that Alice was somehow haughty, retarded, and curious at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I forgot to speak of Alice's independence. In a lot of movies today, the protagonists are pussies who try to explore new places, but in reality they're weak and depend on people for help or expect someone (like their family) to be the one's to save them. It really disgusts me to see weak protagonists who can't handle themselves. (Think of....the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Coraline. Spirited Away. Idk, pick any other movie where a kid/someone finds themselves in a new land.)

Alice is probably the first person I've seen in any medium ever who just explores not out of being entranced by the unfamiliar surroundings, or wanting to escape their own life (before the "grass is greener" wishing to go home), she just keeps going and meets new people all while not really giving a fuck about them or what they can do or why things are unusual.

I think Alice is my favorite protagonist of any movie.

snip
    I knew it, you really do live in an alternate dimension and you accidentally plugged up your internet to ours.

Landmine goes click

2/10 garbage for the majority of the movie
    10/10 for the last 15 or so minutes.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    [B]Like Donnie Darko, The Wraith, or Repo Man but with better directing and production values.
    Can't take you serious anymore if you say the Netflix movie Death Note was better (even if it is only directing) than Donnie Darko lol.

Back to topic, I just watched the movie The Walk from Robert Zemeckis with Ben Kingsley, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, it's a drama about a high-wire artist who makes an unbelievable stunt. Pretty good movie and worth a watch.

Was a 8/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    V for Vendetta (2005) *
    Saw V for Vendetta (2005) on desktop just now. I don't think I'd call it a 10/10 lols.

It was really hard for me to watch the movie and not be biased because of stuff like

The main character is basically autistic and has proper manners and tries to be high class and likes to be a philosopher and thinker and stuff like that so it made it really difficult for me to not think of...you know..."neckbeards" and that kind of thing.

Uhhhh the message of the film is pretty powerful, sort of.
    The plot isn't really that dull, surprisingly. For a 2h10m hour movie, it doesn't drag at any parts.
    The execution of the film...it FEELS really 2000s'y to me. The quality and production did. As if I was watching The Matrix or something like that. A film showing its age is never good.
    However, a lot of the movie is a bit cheesy. Not in the obvious way, but the main character just has everything go perfectly for him so that he looks amazing.

I can see how the movie can be considered good, so I'll rate it...6/10. Personally, I didn't like it that much. Like, the story is good, message is good, the plot is good, everything is done pretty well, which is why I rated it so high. I didn't really have fun watching it though...It just feels too ordinary to me. The movie goes as smoothly as possible, there's like no conflict. At no point in the movie did I think the good guys were in danger.

Pirates 5 - Dead Men Tell No Tales

As someone who loved the original trilogy and is a huge pirates/nautical lore fan, I think I'm done with the pirates franchise. The first 5min had me so excited with the resurfacing of Davey Bloom but the movie took a nose dive right afterward. I hoped with this cast they could recapture some of the magic of the trilogy, but I was absolutely mistaken. What we got was some horrible storytelling, bad acting, horrible "young Sparrow" CG and a sub par everything else. Nothing made sense, nothing was clever. The best characters, Sparrow and Barbossa, were stripped of everything that made them the legendary pirate lords and the writers opted to just make them bored or drunk the entire film.

This was essentially a bad children's movie.

I'd honestly give this about a 2/10. I loved returning to the world, but I was a bit heartbroken to see it fall so far from anything resembling the originals.

Sad panda x1000
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-09-16 at 05:34 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It

I remember seeing the 1990 miniseries when I was a kid. I didn't remember much about it except the freaky sewer scenes. I've always had a fascination with plumbing, pipes, and machinery while simultaneously possessing a pathological fear of being swallowed by shower drains and pool drains, and It is the perfect story to play off of this fascination and fear for me.

Skarsgard is absolutely fantastic in the title role of It aka Pennywise the Clown. Skarsgard brings a certain charm to the role underneath the menace, and I found myself wishing I could sit down and share a beer with Pennywise and ask 'it' all about why it does what it does and what the place it comes from is like.

The film itself takes its time with the story, which I personally loved although a few critics complained about. I tend to prefer a more meditative pace, but I realize that's not for everyone.

The visual design was fantastic. There is a haunting beauty to the town of Derry as presented in the film, and I found myself completely absorbed in it.

There's a certain meta quality to the way the story is presented by the end, almost breaking the fourth wall by reaching out to the audience with a message about how we allow ourselves to get carried away by our fears, and reminding us that if we stand up against the things that terrify us then we can put ourselves in control instead.

Overall I'd give It a 9/10. The editing was a little choppy and disjointed in parts - otherwise it's a fantastic thrill ride with an excellent message for today's audience.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - 6/10

It was OK. Writing was not as silly or discombobulated as the previous movies, but it lost a lot of campy fun and entertainment value at the same time. Johnny Depp looked drunk and confused the entire movie. Other than a couple of funny moments he was a shadow of Jack in the other movies. Not a fan of the new cast either. Annoying but not in a good way like Elizabeth and Will.

The most exciting moment for was probably the ending where Elizabeth and Will met again, so yeah.

I hope Disney uses the old writers next movie and doesn't let Johnny Depp have a hand in it.

Hancock 7/10

The movie itself is fairly meh. I rate it as highly as a 7 because Will Smith and Jason Bateman. It also helps that Charlize Theron is hot.

Saw V for Vendetta (2005) on desktop just now. I don't think I'd call it a 10/10 lols.
    To be fair, I could probably predict the rating I'd get from consulting the bones more accurately than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I am a HARDCORE horror fan. I run horror films in the background for hours a day
    I am an avid watcher of horror films, always looking for new stuff to watch. Do you have some recommendations? What's your Top 10 horror film list?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    I am an avid watcher of horror films, always looking for new stuff to watch. Do you have some recommendations? What's your Top 10 horror film list?
    What sorts of genres of Horror are you interested in seeing? That would help with recommendations.

I don't keep a top 10 of my favorite horror films around. But if I had to pick 10 'classics' it might be like;

10. The Beyond (1981)
    09. The Mist (2007)
    08. Poltergeist (1982)
    07. The Exorcist (1973)
    06. Last House On the Left (1972)
    05. An American Werewolf in London (1982)
    04. Halloween (1978)
    03. I Spit on Your Grave (1978)
    02. Martyrs (2008)
    01. The Thing (1982)
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-09-16 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I... uh... really disliked the entire Christian Bale Batman trilogy.

As an aside, I just re-watched all the Harry Potter movies for probably the 5th time in my life (yes, rookie numbers I know).

Deathly Hallows 2 - 9.5/10
    Goblet of Fire - 9/10
    Sorcerer's Stone - 9/10
    Half-Blood Prince - 8.5/10
    Goblet of Fire - 8.5/10
    Deathly Hallows 1 - 8/10
    Order of the Phoenix - 8/10
    Chamber of Secrets - 7/10
    Prisoner of Azkaban - 6/10
    did you really rate the only genuinely great harry potter movie the worst?, i dont think we can be friends

last seen Hero
    10/10
    Rewatched it about a week ago, it's still one of the most finely crafted(and gorgeous) films of all time

last new movie seen Dunkirk 6/10

couldnt get into it, for all it's visual spectacle and great directing, it lacked any humanity, and characters for me to get invested, every actor seemed to be just used as a prop instead of a real person