Venom
    7/10
    Weak plot, but loved Venom and the action sequences. Hope there will be a sequel. Could rewatch this movie already a second time!

Bohemian Rhapsody
    6/10
    Only for fans of queen. Otherwise a very forgettable movie. Seems like a mix between documentary/biopic and a movie. More like they took the highlights that the band could remember and filmed those scenes with little to no coherence between the different scenes. Only at the end does the film find its during, but by then it's already too late
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I wasn't gonna post anything this time because it seemed irrelevant, but...

I actually decided to buy the ticket ($45) because it's closing in April and the seat is in the front row, even though it seems super super omega g_y. (I know I always say that, but this time forreal.)

The reason it's relevant to this thread is because evidently it's based off a movie. I didn't even realize there was a movie named "K_nky Boots" (I'm not typing that word out, it's too embarrassing), but someone that I told about the play said they liked the movie. Have any of you seen it? I have no idea what it's about. I don't understand why a broadway play would be made about an unpopular no-name movie, so I'm genuinely confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

I actually decided to buy the ticket ($45) because it's closing in April and the seat is in the front row, even though it seems super super omega g_y. (I know I always say that, but this time forreal.)

The reason it's relevant to this thread is because evidently it's based off a movie. I didn't even realize there was a movie named "K_nky Boots" (I'm not typing that word out, it's too embarrassing), but someone that I told about the play said they liked the movie. Have any of you seen it? I have no idea what it's about. I don't understand why a broadway play would be made about an unpopular no-name movie, so I'm genuinely confused.
    Is this from one of those redirects that you occasionally get when visiting a site that says "hey, you've won something" or "you're our 1 millionth visitor"?

Typical.

I talk about an actor in the last film I watched and I end up with 2 infractions from Faltemer. But these guys can talk about whatever they like. Loving that consistency Faltemer.

Lord of the rings fellowship of the ring : 8/10

Still super gay, but decent enough fantasy film and frodo yelling "Gandalf!" out in pure ecstasy still makes me laugh.

Went to see that thing ^ from the pic above. Turns out, it's a British movie from 2005 (7.1/10 on IMDB), which is why I never heard of it.

The story is very generic, but for 2005 it's to be expected. It's about two guys. One guy's dad owns a shoe manufacturing warehouse, and the dad adores shoes, and the kid inherits it after the dad dies. The other guy is a "drag queen", which is apparently a guy that dresses like a woman, but still likes women. TL;DR is that shoe factory is about to go out of business, and the factory workers (who worked there for generations) would go under too, but the crossdresser guy has a niche market (men in women's shoes) and nice designs, so they team up to save the factory. Throw in a couple of other cliches: the shoe guy's fiance cares about status and money, not about factory people's lives, but this one factory girl falls in love with the shoe kid even though she knew him forever. And one factory worker is a bigot guy who has to have a change of heart because he initially mocks the crossdresser.

The plot/story is cliche as fuck, but for a 2005 movie it's probably okay.
    The concept of "a crossdresser being unusual" didn't even strike me as weird, because it's 2018. But maybe that's part of why the play is ending next year.
    There were quite a few scenes that were incredibly g_y. (If I didn't mention, I sat in the front row and made eye contact twice with the cross dresser guy LUL. It was monkaS for sure.) Like, not just about the crossdressing singing/fancing, but it was very musical-y for the sake of just singing, and not done for the sake of progressing plot.
    The comedy itself was a character-is-quirky type of comedy, which I personally don't find funny.

It was a worse play than Hamilton and Mean Girls, for sure. Overall, it wasn't that bad to see, but I wouldn't brag about it. Honestly, if Val didn't quote my post, I'd have deleted it and pretend this never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is this from one of those redirects that you occasionally get when visiting a site that says "hey, you've won something" or "you're our 1 millionth visitor"?
    Nah, you have to fill out a form to enter, and if you win then they email you the thing I showed. Then you click a link and pay. It's very cheap compared to buying tickets normally. I sat front row for $45.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    But these guys can talk about whatever they like.
    https://i.imgur.com/Y19lwi2.png

I was talking about a movie that turned into a play. (Which is a bit relevant, since a story/plot can be perceived differently depending on the medium. Book vs. 3D movie vs. 2D movie vs. Movie on computer screen (with or without headphones) vs. Play.) But it was no wonder that no one in this thread heard of it, since it's from 2005 and is British.

Suspira 6/10
    An interesting, "cover version", of the Argento classic. I liked many concepts here. But I am not sure the script was up to the task of communicating what Guadagnino may have had in mind. There is a disconnect here and coldness that is highly unusual for this creative team. In a film that should feel sensuous, indulgent and garish at times- this just too cold and ineffective in the rapture it hoped to achieve. Some bits were just useless distraction creatively and narratively- Tilda Swinton playing two roles was super unnecessary. I dug all the parts where Dakota Johnson and Tilda Swinton smoked cigarettes and just stared at each other for 5 minutes. That shit was boss.

The Grinch 5/10
    Not terrible but pretty by-the-numbers. Well put together and moves briskly.

Overlord 6/10
    Kind of a "B-movie" but silly fun nonetheless.

The Dark 7/10

Hard to describe this movie. It's a bit inconsistent, but overall very good. It's very similar to "Let the Right one in", so if you liked that one you will probably like this one. For the most part great writing, acting and cinematography. It's a bit short of amazing though. The budget isn't huge, and the tone will shift from very dark to humorous from scene to scene. Great story about friendship and trauma though, in a horror setting.

Outlaw King - 5/10: not a terrible movie, but there's some sloppy poor editing that doesn't really help matters. Being even 10-20 minutes longer would have really helped this one. Below average character development as well. Watch if you're bored, but you've seen all elements of this movie executed better elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

First off the movie is a cult hit. It wasn't "mainstream". The movie has just as big of a following as the musical does. I've seen the musical just this year. My mother-in-law bought him tickets for his birthday and the two of us saw it. Amazing musical.

On topic, last movie I saw was Bohemian Rhapsody and it was beyond good. Rami Malek is great in the movie. The casting will blow you away. Every one of the band members is a dead ringer for who they are playing. What's unbelievable is knowing that they recreated Wembley Stadium for the Live-Aid part and filled it with nearly 100k extras...and it was the first thing they shot for the movie!

Definitely a 10 out of 10!

Oh yeah next movie on our agenda is the Fantastic Beasts sequel next week!

No Country for Old Men - 10/10

Simple, elegant, brutal, efficient, Innovative. Masterful cinema

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody's fool: 6/10

Pretty decent irl plot about being catfished but throw in black humor stereotypeness and it's pretty funny. Also hits some fears for online dating scene as well as setting over the top goals for a spouse that would be nigh impossible to find.

The Predator 2/10 - The Predators looked amazing, but everything else was just terrible. Fuck, what an awful movie. I'm so tired of these awful human stories in Predator movies.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw King - 6/10

I think this just needed more time in the oven. All the pieces were there. Good plot, action, and cinematography. The pacing was off, however, where some story elements felt abrupt, out of place, or they dragged. The acting suffered the same. Chris Pine had his moments but also some cringy ones. I do have a weakness for UK historical pieces so overall I enjoyed it.

Incredibles 2 - 7.5/10

This hurt me. I watched the first film so many times I've lost count. I bought various copies of it from dvd to blu-ray to on iTunes...I've spent a lot of money on the first film. It's a 10/10. So, I was bummed that the plotting of the sequel was SO similar to the first film. The parallels were distracting and annoying the shit out of me. We waited so long for a sequel and its story felt lazy and uninspired. That said, it still has the charm of the original and despite the glaring flaw I really enjoyed part deux. Jack Jack alone sold it for me.

Mario - 6/10

Not gonna lie, I'm getting tired of watching sad gay movies. Someone dies, gets beat up, the couple can't be together, sad endings, etc. This is another one of those. Aside from that fatigue, the movie felt limp in places where emotionally it didn't resonate for me. It did have its moments, however, that kept me watching and it didn't quite go where I thought it would. Not a bad film but I need a break from the sad stories.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2018-11-11 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kimi no Na wa (Your Name): 10 ~ 10 Saw a lot of positive reviews here. Very. Fucking. Satisfying. Holy shit. Thanks, MMO-C.

Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice): 10 ~ 10 Almost as perfect as the one-shot that punched me in the gut and the serialization that ripped them out to gleefully stomp on them.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Ant man and the Wasp, loved it, so I bought it. 10/10
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

A Quiet Place 9/10

absolutely phenomenal. the way they handled exposition is genius.
    the way they use sound to help the the storytelling, and raise the tension is great.
    the performances (especially by John Krasinski) are great.

I usually hate horror films, but this was fantastic.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw King

Not done yet but holy shit it's mostly hard, sudden cuts from scene to scene. It's like they originally had a five hour film and cut it down to two hours at the expense of the pacing and development. It's an okay movie so far but it's a pretty jarring experience.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-11-11 at 10:14 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Red Sparrow - 6/10 : awful pacing, dragging here, too rushed there, and it simply takes a lot away from the flick, nevermind a few scenes that just seem entirely pointless. If you like espionage flicks, you may enjoy this one, and I probably should have seen the "twist" coming, but didn't, admittedly.

Some scenes certainly aren't for the faint of heart, as a warning in advance. JL does a decent job, but she's done better in other flicks.

Catch Me If You Can - 10 out of 10

The Girl in the Spider's Web 4/10
    Uninteresting...lack of tension...boring.

Overlord 7.5/10
    This was a fun movie. They even gave us all a peek at what the hell was going on when creating these zombies, including a piece of dialogue that hinted that the "stuff" was sitting underground for years before the nazis "refined" it, which was intriguing..
    Overall a good popcorn flick that should have been around for Halloween.