King Kong Escapes: 7.5/10 Dr. Who builds a giant robot monkey to dig a hole. A furry takes a liking to a poorly dubbed Linda Jo Miller, who looks fabulous in all her outfits. Kong still looks like shit, but in general, the minatures and other effects have improved over King Kong vs. Godzilla. The humans are a tiny bit less annoying. Goofy fun that almost takes itself too seriously. Oh... we need a Mechani-Kong vs. Mechagodzilla movie, like, yesterday.

Wha? Based on an old cartoon? I have no idea what The King Kong Show is, but the intro song is terrible, and I need to watch every episode.

Promising Young Woman: 8/10 It went a few places I didn't expect. It's nice being surprised. Mulligan and Burnham played well off of each other. Bonus point for movie having balls, even if everything wrapped up a little too neatly. Well... OK, yeah. But...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Malcolm & Marie 4/10 - Pretentious.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Willie's Wonderland ! this MF of a movie is a 10/10 ! do not skip it!!!!!! DO NOT SKIP IT

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Willie's Wonderland ! this MF of a movie is a 10/10 ! do not skip it!!!!!! DO NOT SKIP IT
    I just watched this and it honestly had no right to be as good as it was.

Dont get me wrong its stupid but it was dumb mindless fun
    6/10

avengers endgame
    8/10
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Monster Hunter - 6/10

Could have been better if they had cast the main role differently. It wasn't bad though, I mean there wasn't much to work with story-wise.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-02-18 at 04:59 AM.
    8600K @ 4.8 | RTX 3070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset
    After 16 years I am no longer MrPaladinGuy, I am now- MrHunterGuy

The Platform - 6/10

Recently watched this and it's pretty weird, kinda disgusting as well but yet I had to keep watching. It wasn't exactly a bad film but I wouldn't say it was something you'd watch more than once either.

I Care A Lot 6/10

Really good performances. Direction and editing are a little lackluster though.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Nomadland - 9/10

Stellar performance on a worthwhile subject matter. It's not a cheerful movie, but well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Nomadland - 9/10

Stellar performance on a worthwhile subject matter. It's not a cheerful movie, but well worth watching.
    Wonderful film. I don't think it's "not cheerful" necessarily. Despite the struggle and squalor, it is also clear that these people have a simultaneous freedom and community.

Good point--and the relationships depicted between certain characters were very genuine and heartfelt indeed.

Willy's Wonderland: 8/10
    Don't get the score wrong, its not a "great" movie. But its wonderful and quirky and worth watching. It's the type of movie that should get supported because more film makers should be taking chances on strange ideas.

Poltergeist 2015: 0/10
    I guess after Willy's I was in an adventurous mood. There are just zero redeeming factors. I've never seen a remake thats more "paint by number" than this one. But don't worry they added new colors like the father is unemployed, the mother is writing a book, the previous owners of the house put a lot of electronics in it, they go through great lengths to show how little money they have, and all for no plot reason at all. I'm not just mentioning these things because they pop up naturally, these are significant plot points and then are never brought up again. Even if this weren't a remake, its still bad.

The Little Things 7/10

Kind of had a good twist at the end. Good actors acted well in the movie. The story of the movie was decent. The movie was a more realistic story about a serial killer as opposed to movies like seven. Denzel Washington does a good job playing a disturbed detective and Jared Leto does a good job. Ill probably watch it again someday.

I Care a Lot 8/10

Interesting crime vs. crime movie. It's stylish, well acted, actually funny and touches on interesting topics. It's one of those movies that have a broad appeal despite their genre. It has a shamefully weak ending though; contrived, vapid and telegraphed. Great premise but it all fell apart at the end.

Shadow in the Cloud: 6/10 Not as stupid as the trailers made it look, but still laughably dumb in parts. Creature design was decent. Bonus point for the synth score and Hounds of Love. Kate Bush makes everything better.

Willy's Wonderland: 5/10 Movie felt flat. Anything that wasn't Nic Cage bashing Terminator Furries was pretty bad, and even that got boring after a while. Point deducted for weak gore and PG-13 sex in an R movie. RLM seemed more positive about The Banana Splits Movie. Maybe I should check that out...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Tom & Jerry 1/10

A bad throwback to early 90s family comedies. Worthless and unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The Little Things - 4/10

It's a waste of time, and not in a good way. Denzel had an old man vibe throughout this movie that suggested he took it because he can't handle action anymore.

Your name (Kimi no Na wa) 8/10 - Animation gets a 10/10

This title had the honor of being the first move I watched with my new home theater system and my first time hearing a DTS HDMA audio track.

I'm glad I chose to watch the English Dub with Japanese songs/English subs for the songs so I could enjoy the beautiful animation. I was bored until the time travel plot twist that I honestly didn't see coming, however, it was nothing close to the tear-jerking movie many have claimed it to be. Anyways, overall it was still a solid movie with utterly beautiful artwork.
    I'd give the same to Your name, but i always, always avoid dubs. no good has come from most of then, if it's an option, i'll always go with original audio and subtitles
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Judas and the Black Messiah - 8/10
    '

The story of the assassination of Fred Hampton through the eyes of an FBI informant. This movie is a cheat code. Great cast of actors. Based on true events, so its hard to screw up the story.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Shadow in the Cloud: 6/10 Not as stupid as the trailers made it look, but still laughably dumb in parts. Creature design was decent. Bonus point for the synth score and Hounds of Love. Kate Bush makes everything better.
    This is very true.