Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't think Soul is aimed at kids at all. It's missing a lot of themes that kids actually like and identify with. Kids aren't going to identify with a middle-aged man. Hell, thinking of you it the man characters problems are much older than my own. It's kid-friendly, though. You can sit a kid in front of it without having to worry about the content but they won't appreciate the story.

All that said I think I gave it a 7 or 8 when I watched it. I think they played it too safe and predictable in the finale.
    I think it’s definitely aimed at kids, just not necessarily younger ones. My 11 and 14 year old absolutely loved the movie, and definitely appreciated the more mature story.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Bill & Ted Face the Music: 7/10 Dumb and kind of endearing. I liked the daughters. Not in the creepy way. OK, maybe a little bit creepy. Lundy-Paine and Weaving were fun, and not nearly as annoying as I had feared. It was nice seeing Winters and a lot of the old cast again. Decent diversion, if a bit flat. Bogus Journey is still best Bill and Ted.

The New Mutants: 4/10 I remember wanting to see this in the Before Times, from the Long, Long Ago. The initial trailers really stoked my interest. And then it got delayed. Repeatedly. I'm not too familiar with New Mutants, but I was aware of them from back when I used to occasionally read comics. Finally got around to watching it, and... it wasn't a complete disaster. My crush on Taylor-Joy prevents me from talking too much trash about the movie, so let's stick to the positives: I liked the smaller story, the occasional elements of horror, Hunt's side boob, and the short running time.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The last movie I saw is wonder women. It is a great movie.

Cinderella (1950)- Cute for kids but the damn Mouse Work Song is still stuck in my head. I was also left with wanting to beat the shit out of the step sisters and their whore of a mother. B+

Pandaren Monk
    Nicolas Cage in Left Behind. If you didn't know it was a rapture movie, it's pretty damn funny.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

King Kong vs. Godzilla: 6/10 The Godzilla vs. Kong trailer hype was strong enough to make me revisit this classic. The plot is dumber than I remember, the human angle is annoying, the miniature effects are laughable, the suitmation is janky as fuck, and there's blackface. It's so bad. Why am I smiling?! I shouldn't be this entertained! Look at all those fine dust particles, mini explosions, fires, and smoke! How has someone not fucking died in those suits?!

Ready or Not: 8/10 A pleasant surprise that was funnier than I expected. Bonus point for Weaving's performance and for everything blowing up in everyone's faces.

Revenge (2017): 8/10 A scarousing Matilda Lutz meets an adulterer's sketchy hunting buddies. What's the worse that could happen? Fucking everything!

Rogue (2007): 6/10 A decent enough killer croc flick with some good animatronic and CG effects. Most of the characters are only slightly annoying. Point deducted for reasons.

Wonder Woman 1984 - 8/10 - I really liked it, the 'cheesiness' at times to me was interpreted as an intentional wink to the television shows and culture of the 80ies. I actually really liked the villain (he wasn't just almost completely outright evil compared to the one in the first movie) and I found that the conflict posed was a very interesting one. It had a few good action scenes and some nice women to look at it in between a relatively interesting story.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

The Little Things - 4/10: I mean, this movie starts out pretty good, and then simply falls on its face when the cop gets in the car with the murder suspect . Could have ranked much higher if not for this particular stupidity.

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    The Little Things - 4/10

It's a waste of time, and not in a good way. Denzel had an old man vibe throughout this movie that suggested he took it because he can't handle action anymore.

Your name (Kimi no Na wa) 8/10 - Animation gets a 10/10

This title had the honor of being the first move I watched with my new home theater system and my first time hearing a DTS HDMA audio track.

I'm glad I chose to watch the English Dub with Japanese songs/English subs for the songs so I could enjoy the beautiful animation. I was bored until the time travel plot twist that I honestly didn't see coming, however, it was nothing close to the tear-jerking movie many have claimed it to be. Anyways, overall it was still a solid movie with utterly beautiful artwork.
    8600K @ 4.8 | 1080 Strix | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS | Soon to have an 'HP Reverb G2' VR Headset
    After 16 years I am no longer MrPaladinGuy, I am now- MrHunterGuy

Deadgirl: 1/10 This is an important film that raises some serious ethical dilemmas, featuring two highschool friends who find a naked zombie lady strapped to a table in an abandoned asylum. Is it necrophelia? Is it rape? Can you get an STD? Is she hot? Yes. Yes. Only if she bites you, so avoid oral. Yes, but her merkin looks like roadkill. And then the movie gets really dumb. There, I just saved you 101 minutes.

The Little Things: 4/10 The cast is good, and there's stuff to like, but the movie plays like diet Fincher. I almost wanted to call it S2pid towards the end. Go watch Se7en or Zodiac instead.

The Little Things - 1/10

No, I will not give more points just cause I love this cast, and even though I really liked Denzel in this (it's the little things that makes a great actor..), I will never watch anything written by that piece of shit John Lee Hancock, he'll forever be on my ignore list with this stupidity of a movie. I mean, just listen to that dumbass music at the end, it's like you got rick rolled. Come to think of it, I got rick rolled.

The biggest mystery of this movie, is why on earth would Denzel and Malek would ever do this movie. Must be one hell of a friend favor.

The Little Things - 3/10

Yeah, everyone has nailed it on the head for the most part. The cast is pretty great, but much of it goes unused. Leto actually created a pretty good character that kept you right on the edge of doubt. But the story and directing is just awful in this movie. I'm shocked it actually got green lit with such a weak story especially in the 3rd act. Especially a really ham fisted attempt to draw parallels between Rami and Denzel's characters, which just really sucked. And it also had a non ending, which is absolutely frustrating in what essentially is a crime procedural.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    The Little Things - 1/10

No, I will not give more points just cause I love this cast, and even though I really liked Denzel in this (it's the little things that makes a great actor..), I will never watch anything written by that piece of shit John Lee Hancock, he'll forever be on my ignore list with this stupidity of a movie. I mean, just listen to that dumbass music at the end, it's like you got rick rolled. Come to think of it, I got rick rolled.

The biggest mystery of this movie, is why on earth would Denzel and Malek would ever do this movie. Must be one hell of a friend favor.
    It's strange how this guy could write something as good as A Perfect World. Maybe the material was elevated by Eastwood's direction.

A Promising Young Woman

I like a good revenge story, and this certainly fit that bill. Weird seeing Bo Burnham in a film though.
    I also find it funny that some men felt attacked by this.
    7/10

Judas and The Black Messiah 10/10

A masterpiece.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

The Dig - 8/10

I've always been a fan of Ralph Fiennes. Fantastic actor. Some may not find the subject matter that interesting, but it was quite an enjoyable watch for me. Nicely shot and some great music as well.

Hard to say, short film, liked it for some odd reason, difficult to judge

The Escape Room
    5/10

I for one was sucked into this movie through curiosity. A movie about escape room(s) that will literally kill you? I am so in. While the movie does lend itself some really good ideas those ideas seem very bare minimum. While all the actors are really good everything around them is not.

A very predictable plot that you could probably guess right off the get go. And despite the cast giving it their all the characters in this movie lack more development, some times they all come off as a-holes, and other times you wanna root for them.

The escape room ideas themselves don't seem as fleshed out enough, they could have been more interesting ideas around this premise but it all felt very standard. while tense in some places, the pacing didn't let you sink in that time to really feel that suspense.

Average movie overall with a good premise and good acting, but very little in terms of interest. I might watch it again if its on, but its not something I'd recommend unless you were really curious about this type of movie premise.

I watched a Lebanese movie - Capernaum. It was excellent. I rate it 9.5

Wolfwalkers: 10/10

Another movie my kids convinced me to watch. It is soooo good.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch