Dream Scenario 2/10.

Boring and nothing happened. You can only hate the protagonist. The parallels to cancel culture and feeling sympathetic for the anti-woke crowd wasn't as vague as they tried. We get it, you hate Gen Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    American Society of Magical Negroes

Best movie I have seen a looong time.
    Who would have a thought that a key and peele sketch could be turned into an entire movie.
    So deep. And so true all of it.

10/10 would watch again.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire 4/10

Kinda robotic. I still dislike the kids. Many people should not have been in this film. Waste of screen time.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire: 7/10

Fun movie, emphasis on fun. Great outing for the kids, not so much for Godzilla fans. While the stakes seem bigger than ever, it has none of the tension King of Monsters and vs. Kong did. Scar King, while a promising villain, has none of the menace Ghidora and Mecha Godzilla had. He has some "cool fight movies" but isn't even that smart. The supposed Kaiju War turns out to be nothing more than a glorified tag team match that pales in comparison to Ghidora/Rodan vs. Godzilla/Mortha, and Godzilla/Kong vs. Mecha Godzilla. In many ways, A New Empire almost jumps the shark, underutilizing an ancient Kaiju and an ancient feud. Ironically, the human characters are more interesting than ever. There's one surprise return that almost feels unnecessary and is just there.

I give it a 7 because King of Monsters to me was a solid 10, and vs. Kong as a 9. This had all the promise and didn't live up to everything it had set up.

Robocop (Remake) 5/10

Some not too bad ideas about body modification but only ends up being an OK sci-fi action flick. I’m sure all the diversity hires made the script worse. Yep.

+1 For SLJ chewing scenery as a conservative demagogue
    +1 For SLJ’s hairpiece.

Road House (Remake) 6/10

Some good fight scenes and decent humour but lacks the cheese that made the original so endearing. Again all the diversity hires drained all the cheese out of the script. Yep.

+1 for a decent soundtrack. Doesn’t quite make up for not having Jeff Healey.
    +1 for broken fingers.

Godzilla x Kong: New Empire 4/10

This movie is exactly what you expect; silly, loud, nonsensical bullshit.

It also has a giant lizard destroying Rome and a giant monkey fighting other giant monkeys.

I loved it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Two days ago i watches <Soldier>, cause i read somewhere it was in the same universe as Bladerunner.

And i quite like it, 7/10, would give more if they worked some dialogues a bit better, but definitely had the same feeling bladerunner did.

Dune 2 9/10

Enjoyed it alot and it entertained me all the way even when it was almost 3 hours long.
    Happy that a new sci-fi franchise is replacing the downfall of Star Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire: 6/10 Big, dumb, loud, messy, and silly. Not sure how a nearly two hour movie can feel rushed, but here we are.

The human drama wasn't too annoying. I found myself wanting more stuff with Jia. Dan stevens felt wasted. I don't know who did Rebecca Hall's hair, but never ever let them touch anyone's hair again.

Some of the monster action was incoherent. Skar King and Shimo had potential, but didn't have the menace of Ghidorah or Mechagodzilla. I enjoyed the time spent with Kong, though I wanted more Godzilla, too.

Entertaining enough, but probably the weakest Monsterverse movie for me.

Bonus point for: I lost my shit when Kong used Suka to beat down the other apes.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Monkey Man 3/10

It's stylish but vapid. Generic flick but for its setting.

The AliExpress version of John Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Monkey Man 3/10

It's stylish but vapid. Generic flick but for its setting.

The AliExpress version of John Wick.
    Read an article saying it was a good "dad movie," whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My husband is a dad. He thought it sucked too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Its for the same folk who enjoy fast and furious and transformers i think

Poor Things - 7.5/10

A unique riff with some great visuals and a great soundtrack. A bit gratuitous here, a bit preachy there, probably also a smidge longer than it needs to be. Worth a watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barbie - 7.8/10

Not sure why it took me so long to see this movie. Finally sat my ass down to watch it, and man I was surprised. Grew up with a lot a sisters and girls on my street. Grew up around a lot of Barbies and the sets took me back. A good kick in the nostalgic bone. Wasn't expecting it at all. Even down to the weird Barbie. Only thing missing were GI Joes, not officially related to Barbie but we were a girl who had Barbies and had a brother or whatever, GI Joe wasn't far behind. I separated this movie in 1/4s. With the first 1/4s being amazing, the 3rd 1/4 being forgettable, and the last 1/4 being potentially good but missing its mark. The first half of the movie did the toys great, good jokes, break nostalgia, acting, sets, all of that. Fantastic. Themes, great. Dilemma, great. Stereotypical Barbie having a crisis, great. Ken's crisis, great. It started to fall apart when they, IMO, tried to related it to the real characters. I couldn't care less about the "real" people. Mattel was fine, the real people felt like an afterthought. The whole 3rd 1/4 of the movie was meh to me apart from the Ken "revolt", which leads into the last 1/4 of the movie. I think the message was great. The message was on point. But where the fell flat was the message they started to build towards in relation to the Ken's and equity amongst the Barbies and Kens. Really, if it wasn't for articulating the message for the Barbies/women clearly and the acting, it would have been a bust. They short of hit on insecurities that men have and how men and women can bridge the gap, then kind of just fumbled the bag. Would have been better had they not touched it at all, they didn't need to, wasn't crucial tot the story. And yet they decided to do this subplot plot where men (toxic masculinity) were kind of center of some issues that men face without an adequate conclusion. The story of the Ken's could have been great with a little more effort, maybe a few more eyes without taking away from the Barbie story. The Barbie story kind of fizzled out at the end. There was so much build up, so much that needed to be said that was said...then meh. Like a firework in amazing packaging but ended up being just a above average sparkler. I feel like this movie struggled with its identity a bit, ironic. It didn't know if it wanted to be a homage to the iconic toy line or focus on its message, it tried to do both and ended up getting in its own way. Despite loving the movie, I see why it didn't get as many recognitions at the Oscars as it did. Not because it's bad, but because it could have been even greater. If I had had kids, I would have gladly taken them to see it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The First Omen 5/10

Not bad but also all foreplay and a weak finish.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-04-14 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dune Part Two: 9.5/10

It's one of the best book adaptations I've ever seen. Excellently filmed and extremely well put together.

It will take a while to sink in for people, but this is one of the best blockbusters in years, if not the best.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2024-04-07 at 07:21 PM.

godzilla minus one 10/10. i liked everything about it and i especially liked that mister godzilla isnt a good guy. i really hope toho makes a sequel
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    godzilla minus one 10/10. i liked everything about it and i especially liked that mister godzilla isnt a good guy. i really hope toho makes a sequel
    I have wanted to see that for months...the news doesn't say it will come out for streaming soon...instead some blu ray release in Japan on May 1st, so everyone has to get imports?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    Where THE HELL did you see this?