10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Chronicle (Director's cut) about an hour ago. Movie was pretty crazy and I found the premise to be quite original. I give it a 8.5/10
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Monty Python's Life of Brian - 11/10

I just can't get enough of this movie..

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

The Dark Knight Rises - 8 / 10
    Excellent movie but too many overall minor annoyances.

Chronicle - 7.5 / 10
    Another good movie with decent plot, story and a what would you do feel.

The Amazing Spiderman - 7.5 / 10
    Another good spiderman flic for comic lovers

The Avengers - 9.5 / 10
    Best summer blockbuster in a long time. Pretty much hits all angles from action, comedy, special effects and as good a story as you can get for superheroes.

Prometheus - 7 / 10
    Good movie to see but not what I expect from the franchise. Still not bad though.

The Thing - 7 / 10
    Good suspenseful scarey movie but not as good as the classic.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-07-30 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman by Tim Burton, 1989. Jack Nicholson was good, but that was about it. 4/10.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Monty Python's Life of Brian - 11/10

I just can't get enough of this movie..
    11/10? That one's clearly a 12/10. I fucking love that movie.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

8/10

Not as good as many people are claiming it is to be but still very entertaining. Plot holes, occasionally poor cinematography and some face palm moments when it came to the dialogue made it a definitive step down from the 2nd movie of the trilogy.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-07-30 at 08:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Room (2003). Best movie experience ever in theaters!

The Avengers 10/10

I was in the mood to start to re-watch the Lord of the Rings, I guess I should review it to.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    The first cinema installment of Tolkien, and now also Peter Jackson's epic masterpiece.

Plot
    Completely grand, with everything that needs to be in place for it to be an epic without it being cliche. It is classic, and many tear jerking moments, with outstanding screenplay that has many memorable lines that stick to you, which is hard to do, especially for a movie as long as this. There is really no fault in it except that Peter Jackson didn't have enough time to include all of it (if he did the film would be way to lengthy for an already lengthy film), which is very forgivable, because the main core of the book is still intact, and everything that is in it, is performed to the best quality and detail. An epic plot and screenplay fit for an epic such as The Lord of the Rings. 9.8/10 (.2 less than 10 simply because of the extreme length of just the first installment and for no Old Forest or Barrow Downs)

Characters and Performances
    The cast was cast perfectly, there was no lackluster performances, and no actor who truly stood out above the rest, not because they were all weak, but because they were all exceptional. The character development was great for the time you have on the screen, even a character like Boromir you end up caring about in the very end and it's saddening to see him go. There is literally no faults here. 10/10

Soundtrack and Visuals
    Even viewing the movie now 11 years later, the visuals are still top notch and don't fail to impress, as well as the outstanding soundtrack. There are so many memorable tracks, all of them fit the mood, and all of them are top-notch quality. The soundtrack and visuals are outstanding with little to no fault in them or their placement. 10/10

Overall
    A masterpiece that does the first installment of Tolkien's masterpiece complete and utter justice. There are very few movies that really match this movie in quality or excellence. 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Swan 11/10.
    Mindfuckiest film after Inception I'd say.

Continuing my reviewing/re-watching of the series.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    The second installment of the trilogy that is near perfection.

Plot
    A continuation where Fellowship left off, the plot has just as much depth, and just as good of screenplay, as well as the real introduction of one of the most interesting characters in Middle Earth, Gollum. The opening pulls you in quickly and gets you interested, however you interest slightly dwindles as it drags on for the first half, after the first half is over though things pick up at an accelerating pace until you reach the climatic end, leaving you begging for more. Yes it is still a lengthy film, but unless you have severe ADD/or a child you will never catch yourself bored at the slightest. The ending really does give you chills as well, not even just the first time, but nearly every time you watch it. 9.7/10

Characters and Performances
    The cast is near the same, despite the introduction of couple new characters, and all of them do just as good of a job, if not a better job than before. The characters all have some great development, and you can really see the impact the ring has on Frodo for carrying it, not just in the lines, but the entire way Elijah Wood makes the character. A near perfect cast as was before, with no flaws in the performances, as well as some great development. 10/10

Soundtrack and Visuals
    The visuals are a good step above Fellowship, and the soundtrack continues to amaze and help set the mood. The battle scenes are improved tremendously from already great battle scenes, there really aren't that many battle scenes that can match those in Two Towers that aren't in Return of the King or Fellowship of the Ring. As was before, near perfection here again. 10/10

Overall
    The second installment of the epic that matches the quality of Fellowship, and although has a section where it feels a bit draggy, has a great story, and great development. The movie will pull you in at the start and keep you interested and on the edge of your seat to the very end, despite the length. Another movie installment that does justice to the masterpiece of The Lord of the Rings. 10/10

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watched Warrior last night, as a film I'd give it a solid 8/10 but as an MMA fan, it was pretty much embarrassing. "HE TAPPED HIM OUT" No one says that ever. They clearly didn't really do much research about the sport to make the movie feel authentic. I coulden't get past how stupid they made the sport look. Yeah it's a niche sport and not everyone likes the way it is, but most of the fighting stuff was unrealistic. It felt like they expected it to be like wrestling with all the slams and such. I also didn't like how Joel Edgerton's fights were all the exact same. Oh, I'm getting dummied for 2 rounds and magically win in the 3rd after taking many punches to the head. I know this isn't exactly a legit gripe to have when watching a film but it effected me. For me, it was a 5/10 with all that considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Continuing my reviewing/re-watching of the series.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    The second installment of the trilogy that is near perfection.
    Best of the trilogy in my book. Though I tend to prefer #2 of any trilogy lol
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild Bill.

awesome film, british cinema at it's finest . Wild Bill is the story of, funnily enough, Bill, who has just left prison on parole after 8 years, to return home to his loving wife, and two wonderful kids, there's only one problem...

His wife fucked off to spain with her new man 9 months ago, leaving her 15yo son to look after her 11yo son. So Bill is left with two kids who hate him, no job, the police and social services breathing down his neck...

Then things get bad.

Directed by Dexter Fletcher, this film is quite simply superb. funny, touching, enthralling and dramatic, with an A plus cast and a top notch script, I honestly think everyone should see this film.

10/10.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath n Clash of the titans
    5/10 n 5/10
    both movies were kind of "meh" worth watching but not worth it if it costs more then free

Deleted
    Had to watch twilight last sunday, it was just as plain bad as everybody says but there was a good song in it so I give it a 1/10

Watched Hangover again. 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    captain america
    7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Red

7/10

Deleted
    The Dark Knight

10/10
    Masterpiece, just as the batman movies by Nolan. Not much to say, set yourself a high expectation and see it achieved.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched Men in Black 3 a while back. And while I was a bit scared that they would end up ruining the series, I felt they did great. This movie really added character depth and development to the series, ti was not just about killing some alien. It was one of those movies where you could watch it 3 times and not get tried of it, to take it all in. It definitively lived up to it's name, and even improved on it. 9/10
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose