10+ Year Old Account
    The Road
    A great moving movie. I went in to this thinking this was going to be a horror or action movie. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was a survival movie with drama. It was so engaging I just couldn't take my eyes away from watching it, the connection between the father (played by Viggo Mortensen) and the son (played by Kodi Smit-McPhee) was just great. The story was so emotional I found myself connecting eith both characters.

Usually I find kid actors a bit nerve grating but this wasn't the case, both delivered stellar performances and all led up to aq very touching and emotional ending that I will not forget. 9/10
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man 3

4/10

The Dark Knight Rises

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh... Been a couple of year since I watched a movie, but the "latest" one I saw was Jumper
    I'd give that one a 6/10, was ok I guess. :3

Iron Man 3 - 7.8 (I liked it but was somewhat annoyed with certain aspects.)
    Oblivion - 7.5 (I can't really say anything stands out as bad, but I don't really care for Tom Cruise so the film gets dinged for that.)
    Star Trek Into Darkeness - As a generic sci-fi action movie 8 - as a Star Trek movie 5 (These new Star Trek movies are pretty and action packed, but at the cost of what made Star Trek what it was.)

Wrath of the Titans 6.5/10

Pretty much exactly what I expected, relatively plotless action with some cool CGI. Nothing special, if you enjoyed the first one well enough you'll enjoy this one too. You're not missing anything if you skip it, either.

Deleted
    Purple Rain 4/10.

Great album, deeply flawed movie though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyrina View Post
    The Women - 10/10
    Amazing movie, I highly recommend it to everyone, I wish I knew about it when it first came out in theaters.
    Do you mean "The Woman"? If so then yes I agree.

If you mean "The Women" then going by IMDB the cast is hot but I haven't seen it.

Two totally different movies though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Dredd. Great movie. I'd score either 8 or 9 out of 10. Very clever and simplistic at the same time. Funny moments, lots of action. If I could give one complaint I'd say it wasn't violent enough. Gotta give credit to Karl urban for never taking off his helmet.
    Dredd definitely was a surprise.

Last movie I watched is Iron Man 3. Gave it 8/10. Although it didn't have the same feel to it as the first two movies and I actually got "homesick" to The Avengers (as in, the way The Avengers was filmed and directed), it was still a pretty good movie. I loved the scene where his Army of Suits arrive. I also love what they did with The Mandarin. I've never read a single comic book about Marvel, so I had to expectations for him. I was happily surprised when we saw the true Mandarin for the first time. Brilliant how the entire marketing campaign didn't shed any light on that scene. They fooled everyone, and that's bloody brilliant.

Can't remember a movie ever doing that. Sometimes, trailers even show the plot twists. Just take a look at the trailer for The Double (2011) on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646980/
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-06-04 at 08:43 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Can't remember a movie ever doing that. Sometimes, trailers even show the plot twists. Just take a look at the trailer for The Double (2011) on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646980/
    Whoever edited that trailer together is definitely out job hunting right now... and not for another job in the film industry that's for sure. There's absolutely no need to watch that movie now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    Whoever edited that trailer together is definitely out job hunting right now... and not for another job in the film industry that's for sure. There's absolutely no need to watch that movie now...
    Exactly.

It's not such a bad idea to shorten trailers, which the National Assocatiation of Theater Owners (NATO for short... smart abbreviation, anyway) suggested. Make trailers 30 seconds shorter, from 2.5 minutes to 2 minutes flat. Trailers have become filled with spoilers these days. They can be awesome, but I don't want the plot twists to be revealed like the trailer for The Double did. Kudos for Iron Man 3 for making a trailer that didn't show anything of that funny plot twist.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    The Hang Over 3.
    Poor, poor giraffe..loos hes head.

Deleted
    Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279112/
    Corny acting, Cheesy special effect, badly dubebd, and of course the man in a rubber Godzilla suit. absolutely awesome movie 9/10

I'm on a Godzilla movie thing at the moment. Popcorn, beer, and Godzilla!

The Departed 10/10

Deleted
    Man on Fire 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Star Trek Into Darkeness - As a generic sci-fi action movie 8 - as a Star Trek movie 5 (These new Star Trek movies are pretty and action packed, but at the cost of what made Star Trek what it was.)
    I feel like it's my duty to respond to anyone who says something like this. The movies - even since the very first one with William Shatner - were always action movies. It's the episodes that - for the vast majority of the time - are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    I feel like it's my duty to respond to anyone who says something like this. The movies - even since the very first one with William Shatner - were always action movies. It's the episodes that - for the vast majority of the time - are not.

Whilst I agree with you the movie's are all action, and that those movies are heavily reliant on cannon from all the series. I personally (As a massive fan of the series and movies up to the new ones) feel that JJ Abraham's, and the writers took a massive shit on 40+ years of TV, 30 years of Movie Cannon, not only in the respect of story and character development, but in technology too.

I am not saying that they are bad movies as they are entertaining for the most part, but the complete and utter ret-con with the first movie was totally unnecessary. Star Trek has always had a very rich character and technology history to draw from, and has always moved forward in time. Had they gone with a new captain, New crew then the first movie and set it after voyager it would have made a lot more sense, I have not yet seen the second movie, although I do know in broad strokes what it is about, and I have to say that even without seeing it, I am very disappointed that they have use a bastardization of one of the greatest trek movies of all, and tried to pull the wool over our eyes with regards to major character development.

No, The current movies to me are not, and will not be anything more than a giant let down. I had high hopes with the first movie that Abraham's would at least keep within the original ST universe and cannon, Having him re-write that and what he has done to the second is nothing more than a slap in the face to 40+ years of Trekers.

Deleted
    Dark Shadows.

6/10

For a comedy it really wasn't funny at all. Or at least not my kind of humor. Waiting till Burton makes something epic like Edward Scissorhands again.

Just saw Fast and Furious 6 as it just came out today in Australia, I love all the F&F movies and I'd rate this a 9/10

Star Trek Into Darkness, 8/10.