Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    American Hustle: overall 5/10. Acting 9/10. Editing & directing 1/10. David O Russell needs to get over himself and be very grateful to Amy Adams, Christian Bale, and Bradley Cooper for carrying his bloated movie. I agree completely with theturn (2 posts prior).

Deleted
    47 Ronin. 10/10!!

10+ Year Old Account
    American Hustle - 5/10

Um...yeah. I agree with some of the other reviews: GREAT acting, so-so plot. I just couldn't get into this film. Jennifer Lawrence was so good, though. Whatever "it" is, she has it. I'm totally onboard her fan bus. She was hilarious and a scene stealer. Adams was perfection as usual, Cooper continues to show off his chops, and Bale wants another Oscar on his mantle.

Edit: Hm, I didn't realize David O. Russell also did Silver Linings Playbook and The Fighter. I had the same critique for those films: standout performances, but I didn't really enjoy the films as a whole. Curious.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2013-12-31 at 04:17 PM.

Saw Ender's Game a month ago. I'd give it an 8/10.

It was an interesting story about what people do when driven by fear. The best of science fiction makes you question society and yourself. I would say that the storyline did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence was so good, though. Whatever "it" is, she has it. I'm totally onboard her fan bus. She was hilarious and a scene stealer.
    She is like the female Edward Norton, just younger.

Deleted
    Lone Survivor 7/10
    Based on actual events, it dramatizes a mission where Navy Seals are tasked with the assassination of a Taliban commander. Said Mission goes tits up and you can guess the rest of the plot. Action is pretty good, Sound is absolutely fantastic The Gun fight in the forest where branches where breaking and shot from unseen locations was insane.

Definitely one to watch if you like war movies.

Deleted
    The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 10/10

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (9/10)

It's a great movie! One that gives little puzzle pieces here and there until it finally comes into the full picture at the end. I have a love/hate relationship with movies like this. I love them in that I am generally immersed in the cinematic world for the full viewing. I hate that I have to watch it twice so I can pick up on everything I missed!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 10/10 was visually stunned within the first second, and just loved the whole movie especially the barrel fight. Hahaha. Also saw this yesterday night (NYE) Finished at 11:40PM, then headed off the the Cities fireworks nearby. Great way to end the year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rush (2013): 9.5/10

Easily one of the best movies of 2013. Extremely well acted by both Hemsworth (as Hunt) and Bruhl (as Lauda), it would be a crying shame if they didn't receive Oscar nominations, breathtaking cinematography, perfect pacing, Hans Zimmer in top form, really everything in the movie was done perfectly. Oscar worthy. Even if you hate F1, don't miss this.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-01-01 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Matrix
    10 out of 10

10+ Year Old Account
    12 Years A Slave - 10/10
    A mountain of a movie. Just go ahead and give it Best Picture. Michael Fassbender and Lupita Nyong'o were tremendous in this.

Deleted
    Rush - 8.5/10

Superbly paced, excellent casting and very believable, right down to small details. Some extra life lessons thrown in for good measure and I almost gave it a 9/10. Fell just shy because such rivalries, and even same sport rivalry movies are not that original/uncommon.

Sup with all the people suddenly watching Rush.

Deleted
    Rush - 9.5/10

I loved this movie.. Easily one of the best film in 2013. You don't need to like F1 to like this film or racing in general. It was interesting, exciting, and even had heart. Great story, well acted, Great film.
    Last edited by mmoc3c11226b26; 2014-01-02 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Sup with all the people suddenly watching Rush.
    Well, a BRrip was released recently. You can always tell who the the pirates are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck getting your F1 hating friends to the cinema for that .

15+ Year Old Account
    About Love - 9/10
    Thought it was a touching movie. Especially with the son and dad

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Good luck getting your F1 hating friends to the cinema for that .
    Why would people hate F1?

Saving Mr Banks 8.5/10

Its a very touching movie that doesn't try to bash your head in with emotion it has just the right amount. The acting is great. We all knew that Hanks and Thompson would nail their roles. I wasn't particularly impressed by either of them but that's because they were great as always not because they were bad. The side characters really stood out for me. Farrell impressed me the most as the father. My one big complaint is that its too long. I'm not sure where but I'm thinking it could have been trimmed. The only other thing that bothered me was as I'm watching the movie I was thinking more about Marry Poppins than this movie. Its a great family movie and a movie anyone should see if they are a fan of the 1964 movie or Disney in general.

Captain Phillips 8/10

Another Hanks movie where Hanks is again great. My favorite parts of the movie was the last 30 minutes and the two boat chases in the beginning. The last 30 min were intense even if you knew exactly where the movie would end plus Hanks gets to show us his incredible acting chops. However it seems like this is the year of "too long" movies. The Hobbit, Banks, American Hustle, kick ass 2 and this one all suffer from a lack of editing. The scenes in the life raft were really slow and not much in the way of development for anyone. You knew the kidnappers weren't going to get away with it so why drag out those scenes. As for the kidnappers the main one played by Barkhad Abdi had his good and great moments but he never really crossed the line into menacing. He didn't seem to have much of plan and didn't really seem to get what was going on around him. I didn't feel much sympathy for him or his compatriots since its not a mystery to me what its like in Somalia. Throughout the movie I couldn't help but think about Black Hawk Down and slowly realized that those Somalis were more menacing and more interesting than the ones in Phillips. I Still really like this movie, or any well done historical drama, and is well worth the time. Solid movie that could have been more.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB