Coming 2 America 6/10

Its funny but if you don't feel any nostalgia for the first one you should probably skip it.

Sunshine

4/10.

Booooooring

Love Actually (2003)(9/10). I recently watched it again. The script had already been forgotten over time, but when I reviewed it, I remembered almost everything. The film is very enjoyable. It tells us that love does not depend on status, on age, maybe to the same sex, maybe not reciprocal, maybe "for work", maybe in different languages. But it is all-consuming, creative, and without it there is no meaning in life. I would like to mention the role of Hugh Grant, I remember her the most in this film. And also pity Harry's husband, who was deceived. But ... life is life, and everything is shown in the film, so diverse, really occurs in reality, often evoking emotions "cannot be".

10+ Year Old Account
    Battledogs: 1/10 The CGI is janky as hell, the story is dumb as shit, and there are way too many decent actors phoning in some really poor performances, but the movie is so proud of their werewolves that I have to give it a bonus point. They're everywhere, and they don't shy away from close-ups. They just Ctrl+V'd those goofy looking bastards all over the place.

Nobody: 8/10 Uses all the genre tropes, but it's put together well, and it's fun. Bonus point for the humor and creative violence.

The Ritual: 6/10 Four friends go hiking in Sweden. What could possibly go wrong? Fucking everything!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Nevers: 1st episode: It's either a 2/10 or a 7/10 depends on how the series shakes out.

It's basically a bit like a Victorian X-Men with a twist of the sci-fi. The big issue comes with the show's own politics actually impeding, creating plot holes, or outright contradicting the plot. I've never seen anything like it before. This isn't the usual case of carrying a cause into a show and it just infecting the show into unwatchability. It feels more like there was one writer who wanted these themes and they only showed up on Wednesday. So there are one or two scenes so in your face transparent that I turned the show off, to come back 5 minutes later and not have to deal with any of that bullshit the rest of the time. There is a plot point that only women were infected while literally the one man at the xavier institute also has powers. And then there is another scene that shows other men that have been infected. It's possible that this might just be a really good show with an absolutely awful Pilot. Who knows, I'm kind of afraid to watch the next one because there is a lot to like if they actual hire adults to write for the show.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - 10/10

Great film, responsible for some stuff that I still quote when situationally-appropriate ("Lllllike a glove!", "if I'm not back in five minutes, just wait longer!" ).

Stowaway 2/10

So I'm a sucker for space related movies, but this movie was just plain. So many movies play it safe and don't take any chances by taking it all out. But what can you expect from Netflix.

The screeners for Minari and Nomadland have been sitting on my hardrive for a while. Both of them are shamelessly made and then leaked "for our consideration", aka gimme dat Oscar. I don't like being coerced into praising quality movies, but I bit the bullet with the first one.

Minari 8/10

It's a great movie. Beautifully shot and acted, and for the most part written. The last part of it didn't sit well with me though, with a random fire turning out to be the main antagonist of the story. It flirts with more profound topics, but it never goes deep. I guess you could interpret the fire as "bad shit happens to everyone regardless of race", but even so it's a lame idea. Basically after watching the whole thing, I don't think this movie was about anything really.

So overall, very plain but good. Definitely not worthy of the awards it will almost certainly win, but whatever. Some really good acting though, and I have to say Steven Yeun has come a long way from dying twice on TWD out of all trashy TV shows lol. He really knows how to pick his roles. I've seen him randomly in full-on Korean movies that nobody cares about, and even those were quite good and probably led to this made-for-the-awards opportunity. Good for him.

Road to Perdition (2002) - 8/10

Solid and enjoying movie with a great casting and terrific performances. The unfolding of events was predictable, but that honestly didn't bother me.

Up in the Air (2009) - 6.5/10

This movie was...pretty okay to me I guess? It has an interesting premise and there are some pretty witty and well done scenes, but the ending sort of fell flat and the film didn't have much else going for it in my opinion.

Mortal Kombat 2/10

Terrible. The acting is so bad. The sound is under mixed as well.

Mortal Kombat (2021) - 4.5/10
    For those that won't venture into the other thread.
    It's okay. Kano is the only enjoyable character, until he is on screen for about 3 minutes and you realize he isn't going to shut the fuck up. The main character reminds me of every Mark Dacascos movie from the 90s, except without the (limited) charisma. Hes also really unnecessary considering the 100+ already existing characters from this time frame. And his power is getting the shit kicked out of him, which matches with his character from earlier in the movie but then makes you realize that a washed up fighter who gets hit a lot is worthy of being a chosen combatant for MK...
    Tldr: if you like MK and/or enjoyed the original movie you will enjoy this because its a big budget MK movie and just the fact it exists is a big win. But its not a good movie, its okay, worthy of your time, and it would be worthy of your money, but you'd also never watch it again until a year later when its on Netflix and you put it on in the background one night while cooking dinner.
    PS: To echo the sentiment, the original is a better movie from pretty much every aspect... except CGI if you want to be pedantic of what's available to a mid budget 90s movie vs a high budget movie in 2020.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-04-23 at 10:00 PM.

MK 4/10 the 90's movie is the better MK movie
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Mortal Kombat 2021. Entertaining enough 6.5/10. Granted that the theme soundtrack saved a lot of scenes that would be much worse without it.

Stowaway: 7.5/10
    Last edited by Sughs; 2021-04-24 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Kombat (2021): 5/10 I liked the beginning, everything with Scorpion and Sub-Zero, some of the fights, and the gore, so bonus point for that. Everything else was pretty bad, like, almost Annihilation bad. But I didn't hate it. You were OK, movie.

Cole sucked. They literally gave him plot armor. Kano got annoying, quick. Goro was wack. Shang Tsung was lame. Liu Kang was hilarious, with his baby face looking like it was Photoshopped onto a buffed body.

Nitara went out like a bitch, but it was awesome. Reiko was forgettable up until his squish.

Sonya, Kabal, Raiden, and Kung Lao weren't bad.

Daddy like Mileena's chonky booty. Goddamn, son. Got that onion booty, makin' me all cry and shit.

ninjaedit: I forgot about Reptile. Wished he was a ninja, but whatever.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-04-24 at 02:26 AM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Kombat 7.1
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Top End Wedding. Lovely story. 8/10.

Mortal Kombat 6.5/10
    Entertaining...not much of a script but I wasn't expecting much anyway considering the material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Mortal Kombat 6.5/10
    Entertaining...not much of a script but I wasn't expecting much anyway considering the material.
    you are much more forgiving than I, as I thought it was somewhere around a 4 with Abysmal acting and that storyline....

I Care Alot. 1/10

This is a two hour Netflix disaster. Nonsensical plot held together by paper clips. The entire movie hinges on the idea that absolutely every character save two are just dogshit at their jobs. The acting sucks(Dinklage playing the least convincing Russian ever). The single line bright spot was the soundtrack, but even that felt out of place.

By far one of the worst movies I’ve watched in a long while, it makes Mortal Kombat seem like an Oscar contender.

15+ Year Old Account
    The last 2 Resident Evil films. People are gonna look back on these movies as being god-like after the junk they are about to start putting out lmao. Just have to pray the Resident Evil reboot is good.

Anyway, the last RE film was better than I thought. It was more like just a send off, it wasn't trying to be extremely epic, but it didn't take it's self too seriously, I really enjoyed the main villain and I wasn't disappointed with Alice's conclusion.
    Part of me at times thinks RE is like an ego thing for Mila and Paul, but then other times I'm like thank god Alice is in these movies because these other characters don't have much. Claire was a dud for me. She wasn't going to out do Alice in butt kicking, so she needed to be funny or something, she was just flat. Everyone else who was any good they killed off or they disappeared from the film.
    What these films really needed was a support for Alice who had as much building as her from the start. Between RE2 and 4 the support bounces back and forth between amazing Jill Valentine and flat Claire, part 5 is Ada Wong or Michelle (kinda) for supporting, then flat again (Claire is chillin with a random band of dudes in the middle of no where in a giant tower with an Umbrella spy lol).

The storylines and supports bounce back and forth, but I admire the movies for what they managed to accomplish.

RE5: 7.5/10
    RE6: 7.5/10

RE4: 9/10
    RE3: 8/10
    RE2: 9/10
    RE1: 7.5/10
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-05-01 at 06:57 AM.