Deadpool 2 - 8/10

Same rating as the first one. While it was funnier (the first ~30 minutes were devoid of anything that made me laugh though), the first film had a better/more coherent plot, and fewer things that annoyed me. The end credit scene was great.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm disappointed that nobody pointed out any of the obvious time-travel paradoxes.
    Yeah I don't understand why people are so accepting of this method of storytelling. Nothing about it makes sense. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Deadpool 2 - 8/10

Same rating as the first one. While it was funnier (the first ~30 minutes were devoid of anything that made me laugh though), the first film had a better/more coherent plot, and fewer things that annoyed me. The end credit scene was great.

Yeah I don't understand why people are so accepting of this method of storytelling. Nothing about it makes sense. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did the same thing.
    Like when Cable's teddy bear changes, why don't his memories? Doesn't this create a paradox? Shouldn't the same thing happen when he "saves" Deadpool? Is he somehow immune for *reasons*? Of all the things I detest as storytelling elements, it's time travel and babies. The two worst plot devices in all of mankind, and this movie had BOTH. And how is saving his family useful when his world is a post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by a techno-organic virus? Woulda loved more Juggernaut though, replace Cable entirely with Juggernaut and I probably would have given this movie a 9/10.

As an aside, I don't pay much attention to who play who, so Deadpool meta-ing that Cable is Thanos kinda ruined both for me.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Like [spoiler]when Cable's teddy bear changes, why don't his memories? Doesn't this create a paradox? Shouldn't the same thing happen when he "saves" Deadpool? Is he somehow immune for *reasons*? Of all the things I detest as storytelling elements, it's time travel and babies. The two worst plot devices in all of mankind, and this movie had BOTH.
    I'm thinking that the writers probably tied in the memories to the gag, since the last 10 minutes of the movie was just using the time machine to rewrite all kinds of things that would have caused the same paradoxes.

I really liked the post credit scene from a humor standpoint but it doesn't make sense logically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool 9/10 good times

THEY DIDNT DO THE LINE! JUGGERNAUT DIDNT SAY IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Deadpool 9/10 good times

THEY DIDNT DO THE LINE! JUGGERNAUT DIDNT SAY IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
    He's got time. Just wait until the third one.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer : 7/10

Interesting wee film. Loved the premise of a man born with supernatural levels of smell he becomes obsessed with finding all the smells of the world, until he encounters a young woman whos scent creates a passionate obsession with very deadly consequences. The strength of the film is how it is shot, its very unique and gives you a sense of his world through smells. Its a very visceral and gritty style of cinematography. Great performances from all the cast with Alan Rickman being particularly great, the use of narration is well used. Fun film

Deadpool 2 6/10

Mixed bag. Some of the jokes landed well- mostly those that were about movies; but all the jokes that were aimed juvenile humor were lame. The baby legs bit was great though.

Book Club 2/10

Well acted but the story and jokes are super lame. Movie feels two decades removed from 2018.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2018-05-21 at 12:48 PM.

Phantom Thread 8/10

very interesting take on toxic relationships and love
    with brilliant performances all around

it's very slow and has a very peculiar tone, so it's not for everyone but I really enjoyed it. just maybe dont watch it on a first date

Deleted
    HBOs Fahrenheit 451 1/10, just for the good cast that cant save this SHITSHOW of a movie.
    Take all plots of Fahrenheit 451 and throw them - apart from the book burning - out of the window and this is what you get - a damn terrible movie that cant be saved by a good cast

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatched IronMan 2 last night, decent movie. Kids finally old/interested enough to watch the Marvel movies so going through them all before watching Black Panther.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh Lord don't hate me, I went and saw the I fell pretty with Amy Schumer or whatever. There were some parts where it was pretty funny, but the story was all out of wack. Also I very much dislike Amy Schumer

so 4/10

Deadpool 2 11/10

More of this please movie gods.

Black Panther 6/10

Not bad but nowhere near as good as the hype would have you believe. A very thin veil over its uninteresting, unfunny and completely unoriginal sociopolitical commentary. Meh. When one of the characters in imaginary technologically advanced Africa charged forward pretty much screaming "FOR SLAVERY IN THE USA!" I was like ok at this point I get it.

Deadpool 2 6/10 I didn't laugh as much as the first movie. I just found the humor less college level and more highschool teenage level yuk-yuks.
    ...and he got Juggernaut right and wrong. The look was perfect, but; Juggs should have wiped out everyone. And he certainly wouldn't have dropped because of electricity

Brolin's Cable came close to stealing the show for me. I was intrigued, and I want to see a movie about him now.

Deadpool 2 7 / 10

Enjoyed it like the first one. Loved the action. Still had the DP humor and it was all over the board and the story was pretty good to boot. Cable was dead on. Domino was a solid addition.

Similar to what Shadowferal said. I could have rated it higher if they would just get the juggernaut right. They were closest so far but still missed it. Still enjoyable though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool 2: 9.5 ~ 10 I liked it as much as the first, so-o-o... same score! Not every joke landed, but when they did, I got giggle fits. Needed more Yukio. Chan chan desu chan... neko neko.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Just went to the theater to see Deadpool 2. (I'll read everyone else's comments tonight.) (No spoilers in this post.)

The comedy was as expected from a Deadpool movie. Deadpool's quips were funny and just like him. But the overall movie comedy was...not as charming or good as Thor Ragnarok. Which is fine...but the thing about it is...

I felt the overall tone of the movie was a bit confused. The problem is the transitions were poor to me. It'd go from like comedy to serious to action to action badass with music scene. Which is typical Deadpool theme, but I didn't think it was done well. Loss of 0.75 points.

I also thought some of the motivations and explanations, especially at the beginning, were questionable. Random fucking scenes of some guy who is clearly the villain, but it's not even clear who he is or what he's doing...It's just weird. It's not menacing. And then Deadpool shoots the evil headmaster('s attendant) in broad daylight in front of people with the police there. Deadpool is autistic yeah and he was in a dark place, but ???????????? wtf did he expect to happen except going to jail. That's like a 0.75 point loss. I thought a lot things in the beginning could've been handled cleaner or done more believably.

Then the plot the movie is trying to do...isn't exactly new. "ogm, let me use my gifts to help some kid not turn bad." I'm gonna deduct 2 points for this, because I'm also going to include some point deductions because Deadpool isn't an absolute action or comedy or serious movie, but it tries to take elements from all and doesn't particularly excel at any. Ya ya "are you retarded Blue? I laughed the whole movie. You're a hater." As I said, Deadpool's quips were funny, but some of the other movie comedy wasn't THAT great.

So uhhh. I guess a 6.5/10 sounds about right. Not the absolute best movie ever, but still entertaining and funny. (I think the comedy was universal enough to not need special fans of the type of comedy to like the movie, which is cool. Deadpool sure does make a lot of references, though. I wonder if any kid under 13 would even understand half of the actors/movies he's talking about.)
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2018-05-22 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Changed the point deduction for "plot" from -1.5 to -2. Overall score 7/10 -> 6.5/10.

Annabelle Creation - 4/10: A few of the usual 'jump' bits, but overall the story is fairly predictable and mailed in, even by horror flick standards. And the last few minutes are incredibly lame. I've seen worse, but can't recommend this at all.

Do I need to see....uhhhh...Rogue One before seeing Solo? Cause I watched like 5 minutes of Rogue One and it was fucking boring and slow, and I might go see Solo (even though to be honest with you guys, it looks like complete cliche predictable "look at how charming the good guy is, watch 90 minutes of generic story/plot so you can like him" bullshit), but idk if I need to see Rogue One first. Because I think that's also not a "numbered" Star Wars movie, so maybe they're linked? Idk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cargo (2017) - 7/10

Another post apocalyptic story with zombie like dangers. Nothing fancy. This one is a simple story revolving around a father trying to find a safe place for his infant daughter before he himself dies/becomes infected. The acting was solid. The story was fine, but simple. Good production level. Easy watch for a boring afternoon during which I had nothing else to do.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers IG

5/10 and Thanos pretty much carried the movie. This movie was a HUGE disappointment.
    You cared enough to post.