Glass - 8.5
    I wasn't sure how I felt walking out the of the theater. The ending is going to be controversial for people. After thinking about it I was pretty satisfied with the conclusion, but I can understand why others would not be.

5+ Year Old Account
    Went to see Ollie & Stan (2019) yesterday. More of a 7.5-ish? Despite a very familiar trope-y plot ('I hate / don't hate you' trope, the 'I lied but I won't tell you' trope, etc.), the performances were great. Goddamn this movie should have been all about their wives as Nina Arianda & Shirley Henderson pretty much stole the movie (esp. Nina).
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Aquaman 8.5/10.

Lot more fun than I expected!
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tuntematon Sotilas (2017): 8/10

Just watched the 5 hour TV-miniseries version. It was better than I expected compared to the 50's and 80's film adaptations of the novel. It's definitely something every war buff should check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    bumblebee 9/10

I always believed in Travis Knight directing would make this franchise better.
    But I don't understand how it could take so long for Paramount to get rid of Bay...
    It is worth the money, it's a good story, world building, it has heart and is entertaining.

Bohemian Rhapsody 8/10

I never was a huge Queen fan, but it's hard to not know their at least most popular songs, so I wanted to see the story behind it.
    The story is good, even thou it is pretty sugarcoated around Mercury's homosexuality, but I guess original members didn't want to make it a focus of the movie so you pretty much understand what is going around, but it keeps the family friendly rating. The middle of the movie is little slow, Malek does great job as Mercury and the main focus of the movie - the music is awesome. Really emotional and they mostly used original singing by Mercury and don't even bothered to lip sync, but it really didn't matter. Pretty good movie overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glass: 7 ~ 10 Solid acting and build-up, but felt a bit flat towards the end. Worth at least a matinee if you enjoyed the previous movies. Old mom makeup was super distracting.

Hanson and the Beast: 3 ~ 10 Tried to be cute and introduce you to a larger world of myth, but was largely dumb and forgettable. Is Hanson a furry or just into bestiality? Zoophilia? If two animals are boning and one of them changes into a human... or two humans are boning and one of them changes into an animal... I have so many questions that I don't want answers to! Bonus points for Liu Yifei's cuteness. Hopefully she isn't this bad in Mulan.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody 8/10

I never was a huge Queen fan, but it's hard to not know their at least most popular songs, so I wanted to see the story behind it.
    The story is good, even thou it is pretty sugarcoated around Mercury's homosexuality, but I guess original members didn't want to make it a focus of the movie so you pretty much understand what is going around, but it keeps the family friendly rating. The middle of the movie is little slow, Malek does great job as Mercury and the main focus of the movie - the music is awesome. Really emotional and they mostly used original singing by Mercury and don't even bothered to lip sync, but it really didn't matter. Pretty good movie overall.
    Thanks for sharing im gonna give it a watch

Just as a sidenote.
    I hate rotten tomatoes scores...or better, the critic scene of movies.
    This movie gets a score of 62% while Ghostbusters gets a 74%.
    The audience score says the truth though.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bohemian_rhapsody

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016

Anyway...ill save my judgemente for after seeing the movie

BlackKklansman, 7/10

Well acted, well directed, well... everything.
    But I sincerely didn't feel a sense of thrill until the end came along with the sobering imagery of current affairs. The movie wasn't very funny, nor very dramatic, nor very surprising. I'm possibly already too aware and filled in on the situation with bigotry and African-American history to find the movie groundbreaking, but I was slightly disappointed that it didn't have more humour to it considering its marketing. Adam Driver drags down the grading as well, I just don't see what's so special about his wooden acting. He's a less attractive Keanu Reeves in my book. And let's not get started on Topher Grace... He's still playing Eric from That 70's Show, only this time he played a more bigoted, older Eric... He didn't capture the vile nature of Duke in any shape or form.

Also: I couldn't help feeling a sincere hankering for Denzel. His son doesn't have his appearance nor his charisma, but man, he does have the voice at times...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-01-23 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jurassic Games

2/10

The Hunger Games with Dino's. bag CGI, bad plot, poorly written characters and worse 'acting'. it was, however, somewhat entertaining enough to not turn it off and actually finishing it, therefor it get's 2 points.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Mowgli - 6.5/10

Will start off with the positives. The casting was fantastic, benedict cumberbatch as shere khan was awesome, his voice was perfect for a tiger.

the main kid was not annoying and thats about all you can ask for with child actors.

Christain bale as Bagheera and Andy Serkis as Baloo were all fantastic and believable.

Problem was in the story telling. It tried to be a more adult version of the jungle book, however parts particularly in the third act were needlessly violent or dark to make you cheer or hate certain characters. It was very cheap story telling tricks that made the whole experience rather questionable.

The jungle book is already a perfect story and just making it XTREME is not valid enough.

Also cate blanchett as Kaa was awesome, shes such a talented actress.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-01-24 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Ball Super - Broly 8/10

Solid character development with great connections with timelines and other movies such as Bardock and the side Manga of Gine/Bardock. Parts of the CGI was a little heavy handed and distracting with the contrast to the art style of the rest of the film. The story was pretty much well encapsulated planting it in the timeline quite nicely where as the older films never really had a clear 'this happens here'. The ending was fairly expected with how many of the stories with old style Goku turn out, though even the ending was what was expected it wasn't a disappointment in my opinion.

It added great to characters and had dashes of fun scattered throughout a narrative that could be followed easily.

Polar : 6/10

It would probably get more points but I just feel like I've seen it all before now in the whole "retired badass kills lots of people" genre.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    BlacKKKlansman: 5/10

I guess I need to be American to get this obsession with skin color and general racism in order to understand the exacerbated jokes. The impression I get is that plenty of Americans suffer from identity problems, and I'm guessing this shit sells like hotcakes for a movie like this to be so successful. Well directed though.

Jurassic World. 5/10 expected way more

Lego Movie 2

Very funny, although maybe a bit more for kids this time around. Absolutely spot on for me personally about what it was like when my mom forced me to play with my sister when we were little kids. I completely empathize with that young man.

Overall I give it a 7.5/10. About the same score I would have given the first one. If you liked the original you'll really like this one. Plus, I didn't think it'd be possible but it has an even more catchy-can't get it out of my head-song this time around. Oh and there are no after credits scene, but you'll really be doing yourself a disfavor if you don't stay around for the first batch of credits. That song was hilarious and combined with the visuals it was well worth sticking around another five minutes.
    Last edited by Budong; 2019-01-28 at 01:03 AM.

The last movie I saw was "9 to 5". Still a solid 8. Largely topical still, but most of Dabney Coleman's character's actions were becoming outdated even when the movie was released.

Dragon Ball Super - Broly

Story 5/10
    Action 9/10

Not as good as Battle of Gods, still a lot of fun.

Yo, any block buster movies coming out soon? I feel like nothing good has come out for months and I've had no reason to go to the movie theaters. I'm not getting my value out of my $15/year membership.

Movie Title: An American Werewolf in London (1981)

Rating (out of 10): 10/10

* * Review * *

If you love horror movie with slight hints of comedy then this movie is for you! I believe that this movie has the best werewolf transformation scene EVER, the 2nd would be the scene from Netflix's Hemlock Grove season 1 (or 2 can't remember). Anyways, nothing to dislike about the movie because it is a true work of art and storytelling!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yo, any block buster movies coming out soon? I feel like nothing good has come out for months and I've had no reason to go to the movie theaters. I'm not getting my value out of my $15/year membership.
    I feel the same way! feels like we havn't had any good horror films since the original Exorcist.