Poll: What will your raid before the 1st ID reset?

Deleted

Thursday evening - what will you raid?

For those who are going to be 85 before ID reset... and have a decent guild with enough people doing the same

Wonder what the easiest Raid will be... probably Baradin Hold aka. Archavon2.0 but after that its gonna be interesting
    Last edited by mmoc4a6c66625d; 2010-12-03 at 12:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
    For those who are going to be 85 before ID reset... and have a decent guild with enough people doing the same

Wonder what the easiest Raid will be... probably Baradin Hold aka. Archavon2.0 but after that its gonna be interesting
    I highly doubt ANYONE is going to be raiding by the Thursday, not even the most hardcore players in the game.

Well actually that might be a lie. They might make it into a raid, but due to the lack of Heroics gear I don't see them downing anything.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

What you said is impossible. So no one will raid anything, cause no one will have gear.

I don't see it as impossible. Difficult, yes, impossible, no. You have Tuesday and Wednesday to get to 85 which is completely reasonable and then you can split into 5-man groups on Thursday and farm heroics for gear. An organized group can easily down 5-man heroics. You then have Thursday night-Monday night to raid to your heart's desire.

All it takes is shared determination.

Deleted
    If the beta is anything to go by after you hit 85 you will have to farm normal dungeons for some time before stading a chance in heriocs, then do the same in heroics for raids. Even if you could get to 85 in 48 hours (would have to go without sleep/work etc) you would be so undergeard that you wouldnt stand a chance.

Heriocs have a lockout, so no one will have a full set of raid ready gear anyway.

Thanks to the TBC system, which imo is better than the LK system 100 fold, as mentioned above, no one will be making thursday raids.

Quest gear>norm dungeon gear>heroic dungeon gear/crafting people will be here at most by thursday>norm raids>heroic raids

Deleted
    Its never impossible. Im really looking forward to it!

Though not alot, there will be Thursday raids, trust me. Crazy hardcore people (like Paragon) take time off from RL, and know how to speed level and gear up along the way. Especially with the option of 10 mans numerous guilds are doubtlessly going to start with that for the sake of world firsts, IMO, rather than wait for others to catch up. Seeing as they very unfortunately already released all of the encounters for testing on beta I fully expect numerous guilds to have everything dead by next Tuesday.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baradin Hold, and probably the first few bosses in each zone. Just because it seems daunting doesn't mean it's impossible to do.

Deleted
    I bet there will be raids, even succesful ones for first bosses of whatever raids.

If you start 20.00 Thursday you have 68 hours before that if you don't sleep. I'm fairly sure that's enough time to get a mostly heroic level gear (4000 jp in store is 2-3 that level pieces already) as leveling should take 20ish hours and that leaves 48 hours for sleep and gearing.

Personally I believe I'll be in heroics as I'm not hardcore enough, but we'll see.

EDIT: You should be getting to heroics fairly quickly since you will get a few itemlevel 333 = normal dungeon items from quests and 2-3 heroic level pieces with WotLK stored jp.

I will probably be heroic farming though I really doubt many people will attempt raids on the first week, except for maybe top 100 world guilds you know.

I think there will be some raids on Thursday, and I don't think gear will be the biggest issue. From what I remember some of the best guilds on every server were downing bosses in Naxx in t6 gear. Now some may argue that the difference between the bis of TBC and the level 80 hcs in stats was not as big a difference as it is from 80-85, but it is still very possible.

For the hardcore guilds who have practiced the raids on the beta for the last few weeks, they will find a way to down the bosses with just lvl 80 gear, questing rewards or lvl 85 normal dungeon rewards. Its skill, not gear that separates the best guilds from the average.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Heriocs have a lockout, so no one will have a full set of raid ready gear anyway.
    Well if you queue via the random hc than you won't be saved and you can keep doing hc's ...

Heroic lockout is laughable just get a group of 5 guildies and chain que randoms till the tauren come home,

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt anyone will raid then, heroics are far more likely

Deleted
    You need a minimum item level to accualy queue for heroics, this is item level 333, wich you get from normal dungeons. So you first need to get full normal dungeon gear, before you can even join a heroic!

guilds wont down any raid boss the first week (maby the voa styl one) ..
    Last edited by mmoc6976f30cf4; 2010-12-04 at 10:01 PM. Reason: for the sake of the edit zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo111

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Some people will probably hit 85 within 2 days
    People will hit 85 within 24 hours and I hope to be one of them.