Deleted

Are rogues in a good place yet?

I don't currently have membership, but I read the patch notes and forums occasionally.

I've seen a lot of people saying combat is still broken, is this true? I was expecting blizzard to repair this by changing the function of combat mastery but instead all they seemed to have done is increase the benefit for the mastery rating.

Do you have to use bleeds as sub? Is this really breaking up the control?

Is our survivability fixed yet or is balanced around keeping up recuperate 100% of the time (which looks extremely boring especially after the nerf)?

How bad is cheap shot and kidney shot sharing diminishing returns turning out to be?

Combat was bumped up a tad, it's way better then when 4.0.3 came out.

Recuperates more of a run and try and save yourself rather then a 'fun' ability. If you disarm, use evasion, blind, you shouldn't even have to worry about taking a ton of damage. Stunlocks still work

Deleted
    In my eyes combat seems a nice pvp spec again, High survivability. And a lot of fun.

rogues have a spec called combat? since when?

*it almost invincible to me it's so bad

the other day i had a combat rogue pop KS on me and i was surprised because he was combat, then i was even more surprised when i walked away with over 60% health and vanished...i didn't even use any cds, just simply walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    In my eyes combat seems a nice pvp spec again, High survivability. And a lot of fun.
    High survivability (compared to the other 2 specs) is questionable. Really low mobility either way. Damage is absolute crap without arp... Even killing spree is laughable. If they can fix the last part, I can see it being a lot of fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielyanglee View Post
    the other day i had a combat rogue pop KS on me and i was surprised because he was combat, then i was even more surprised when i walked away with over 60% health and vanished...i didn't even use any cds, just simply walked away.
    KS is a joke now. Pre patch, in raid gear, I could pretty much 100-0 a rogue in full wrathful with it.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2010-11-30 at 10:40 PM.

On live assassination does more DPS than combat by a good margin.
    Once you hit 85 the margin is closed to about assassination doing ~2-3% more damage assuming the combat rogue is good.

i believe that on spank and tank fights combat is 2-3% higher until the 35% phase where assassination goes 15% higher.

however, given that most fights in cata are not static, and assassinatino doesnt get punished as much for target switching, id say assassination may be in the lead.

Deleted
    mutilates only a bit ahead of combat. But it's ok to stay combat

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    I don't currently have membership, but I read the patch notes and forums occasionally.
    Kk.

I've seen a lot of people saying combat is still broken, is this true? I was expecting blizzard to repair this by changing the function of combat mastery but instead all they seemed to have done is increase the benefit for the mastery rating.
    Combat is currently broken for PvE I believe, but it's gotten better, and is still falls short behind Assass right now. They have buffed Bandit's Guile, as well as the Combat mastery, and I'm sure they'll continue to tweak it.

Do you have to use bleeds as sub? Is this really breaking up the control?
    Nope, bleeds are'nt necessary as Sublety for PvP, however you will need to keep them up in PvE. You still maintain incredible control though even if you use bleeds, as you can glyph Blind to remove all DoT's from the target.

Is our survivability fixed yet or is balanced around keeping up recuperate 100% of the time (which looks extremely boring especially after the nerf)?
    You will need to keep recuperate up 100% of the time, as most people spec into Energetic Recovery, to get 12 Energy per tic of Recuperate. You'll be sacrificing one finisher every 30 seconds, but it makes your Shadowdance much more efficient when you pool energy and have the 12 EPT of Recuperate going. Survivability should be better VS. melee with Combat Rediness, and Smoke Bomb + Cloak can be efficient to gain a restealth VS. an enemy at range.

Basically, you're still working the same way Rogue's were designed to work, which is from Stealth.

How bad is cheap shot and kidney shot sharing diminishing returns turning out to be?
    The nerf bat hit them quite hard. However!! you can now glyph Garrote's silence to be 5 SECONDS, which is invaluable VS Spriests , Mages, Warlocks, etc. You will get about 7 seconds of stunlock from using CS + KS for 5 CP. It's not great, but considering you can instead pop a 40% HoT instead... it's not that bad.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub