Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    harder content is fun. learning fights is fun. the kings slayer now cant even clear za in bc.

gear progression is crazy fast now unlike in bc.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    I like games that make me think, the old Ultima series (I-III) always comes to mind. You actually had to converse with npcs, and ask the right questions to get clues. Mind searing puzzles, to even cast a spell you had to have the correct reagents prepared, etc. I was quite pleasantly surprised they actually put some mild brain teasers in the cata quests, tho they arent on the level of things in Ultima (a game from 20 years ago) The mindless grind of WotlK even killed the fun of making an alt, it was like an assembly line churning out autos.
    Sorry but this is Cataclysm -> Dungeons and Raids.

Not "Quests"/New Zones.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Sorry but this is Cataclysm -> Dungeons and Raids.

Not "Quests"/New Zones.
    This a reply in an ongoing series of responses, please read the posts before tossing your @$$hat in the ring.

All of this make it harder talk is good. Personally, even if it was a BIT less faceroll, I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Ulduar, so don't think I'm bashing WotLK.

What I'd personally like to see is people doing the older content throughout the expansion. For example, in TBC, I know I hit 70 late and had to find a guild that was doing Tier 4 things, while people were starting into BT/Hyjal, and I worked my way into T6 content. While in Wrath, after Ulduar was released, it was rare to see people doing Naxx, and by TotC, it was almost non-existent except for achievement runs. Now that ICC has been out, you NEVER, EVER see pugs doing Naxx, Ulduar, and not even really TotC.

That's what I personally want. Whether that will happen or not, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rany View Post
    harder content is fun. learning fights is fun. the kings slayer now cant even clear za in bc.

gear progression is crazy fast now unlike in bc.
    Are you sure a kingslayer cant do it? Or are you just spitting it out? ZA and ICC isn't the same raid/instance, ofc they would wipe but that wouldnt be because of lack of dps/healing tank not holding aggro but because they are not aware of the strat/tactics.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    You thought wotlk was too easy? Well then show me your Alone in the darkness, Anub HC or LK HC kills. If you think cycling with training wheels is too easy here is a protip: take them off.
    I personally believe that a tiny percentage of the game (not meaning the people who see it, but rather the actually part of the game it takes up) being hard does not make the game hard.

If you're playing, let's say a Strategy Shooter or something, and you play through the game for like 10 hours. Then, in the last 15 minutes, you find that after it being fairly easy for you, you hit a brick wall -- that last mission is hard!

Someone asks you how you like the game. "It's okay. The last level is hard." Conversation continues, he might ask about the rest of the game and you tell him it's easy.

The game isn't hard, the last level is. I enjoy something where I'm challenged from fairly early on. Not saying the first few levels need to be extremely hard -- but they shouldn't be something that you can sprint through with no semblance of strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    You thought wotlk was too easy? Well then show me your Alone in the darkness, Anub HC or LK HC kills. If you think cycling with training wheels is too easy here is a protip: take them off.
    This. While Wrath 5 man heroics probably didn't give people too much trouble as compared to the TBC ones, there were some fantastic raid encounters (most of which were in Ulduar) which were really well designed and the hard modes, when played with gear from the same tier, did provide a great challenge and sense of satisfaction when cleared.

I would also like to point out that a majority of people who complain that content is too easy, never really try it out for themselves and their observations are based on a kill video from some of the best guilds in the world which don't show the number of hours & wipes it took to get there.

Like Eyonix once told such a poster...

"Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirfkin View Post
    I personally believe that a tiny percentage of the game (not meaning the people who see it, but rather the actually part of the game it takes up) being hard does not make the game hard.

If you're playing, let's say a Strategy Shooter or something, and you play through the game for like 10 hours. Then, in the last 15 minutes, you find that after it being fairly easy for you, you hit a brick wall -- that last mission is hard!

Someone asks you how you like the game. "It's okay. The last level is hard." Conversation continues, he might ask about the rest of the game and you tell him it's easy.

The game isn't hard, the last level is. I enjoy something where I'm challenged from fairly early on. Not saying the first few levels need to be extremely hard -- but they shouldn't be something that you can sprint through with no semblance of strategy.
    There have always (<-!) been hard encounters and easy encounters From MC to ICC only a couple of them were truely hard.

I’d be willing to bet a large sum that those asking for harder content did not complete the difficult content Wrath provided. There were lots of hard fights in Wrath when they were relevant and current fights.

Just because you can steamroll 11/12 heroics in ICC with a 30% buff a few weeks before an expansion doesn’t mean ALL content is easy. Those that complain that content in Wrath was too easy never were in a position to experience difficult content when in a current tier.

Guess what, the same will hold true for Cataclysm. There will be difficult raid encounters. Those who are capable players in capable guilds (not good players and not good guilds) will start complaining that content is too easy when they complete a tier of content 8-10 months after it was released. Again….they will not have completed content when it was in fact difficult.

The problem isn’t the content the problem is the average player. Content is nerfed over time. There is constant gear inflation. Consequently, content gets easier. I honestly don’t think harder content in Cataclysm matters, I just want more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    I’d be willing to bet a large sum that those asking for harder content did not complete the difficult content Wrath provided. There were lots of hard fights in Wrath when they were relevant and current fights.

Just because you can steamroll 11/12 heroics in ICC with a 30% buff a few weeks before an expansion doesn’t mean ALL content is easy. Those that complain that content in Wrath was too easy never were in a position to experience difficult content when in a current tier.

Guess what, the same will hold true for Cataclysm. There will be difficult raid encounters. Those who are capable players in capable guilds (not good players and not good guilds) will start complaining that content is too easy when they complete a tier of content 8-10 months after it was released. Again….they will not have completed content when it was in fact difficult.

The problem isn’t the content the problem is the average player. Content is nerfed over time. There is constant gear inflation. Consequently, content gets easier. I honestly don’t think harder content in Cataclysm matters, I just want more content.
    They should nerf the average player tbh.

I agree and to some extent blizzard has realized this and thrown in heroic and hard modes of raids. However, I really do not like this system. In BC there was some sense of accomplishment for downing a boss no one else had. Not, "we downed the Lich King!*"

*the raid was set to heroic and the gear I got is differentiated by a pretty green "heroic" word

Forget hard. I want it to be enjoyable!

It things are too easy for you, then turn off a buff or use lower gear... but wait you would NEVER do that. It is too much fun to QQ about something being "easy".

i don't know if any of you listen to tb but he always says that they should implement more difficulty levels like easy normal and hard so it covers everyone and i think its the way blizzard should go
    Last edited by micho; 2010-12-05 at 05:39 PM.

Just because you can steamroll 11/12 heroics in ICC with a 30% buff a for a year give or take with no other raid... kkkkkk HLK was hard okokok. That makes up for the easy mindnumbing grindfest that was WotLK. If anything ICC as the sole relevant raid for such a long period of time followed with RS as a filler, just didnt do it for me. ICC was fun when it opened and being progressed through, at some point it got to be a real drag. The heroic dungeon bosses were basicly interactive training dummies, the heroic bosses in ICC were all easy with the exception of LK, reg mode was a joke. The difficulty level was far from even, people constantly cite 3 bosses of an xpac as the measure of its difficulty. This tells me the rest of the xpac wasnt hard, and in my experience it wasnt, at all. Also, toward the end lack of new content drove the nail deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    That wasnt a nerf, it was a bug or actually the dragons reset if you didnt kill them which wasnt intended.
    Oh, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    I don't understand why people want to wipe, I know we will wipe while learning some new content, but for gods sake how does happiness come from repeated death from bosses?
    I think it should be obvious. They don't mean "nothing I can do" wiping or 85% wipes for hours on end, but the feeling of putting effort in, it paying off, and then actually having to try for a while, the feeling of improving, of effort yeilding results. If you faceroll a boss first time, that feeling is absent. It doesn't mean impossible content or RNG wipes.

I don't think everything needs to be harder but (I suspect in part due to the buff) the difficulty gradient flattened. Do the first few easier heroics, try the next, oh I know the mechanics, my gear is better than when I tried marrowgar hc and the buff went up, oh this is no harder. When in fact it is. I think the buff ruined the gradient. There were bosses in ICC which were a joke, ones which took a few attempts, ones which took a few hours, once that took a few days. And LK who took a few weeks. Same on heroic. But due to patches, buffs, gear that felt flatter than it was. Everyone also remember recently better than those wipes you made at first.

Also anub is a bitch and actually the only boss who got harder in 4.0.1 Though we got 4/5HC ToC we were probably 2 weeks off anub when 3.3 hit.

Deleted
    I love challenging things, i love things that require dedication and being focused. Dungeons of WOTLK were everything but that. You could basically pull the entire instance and AoE it down.
    No more please.

As long as they don't fuck with PvP I don't give a fuck, because frankly the tightrope balancing act that was LK sucked. The self-healing nerf was bad enough
    There was nothing wrong with Second Wind! Nothing I say!

They better not nerf Throwdown, been waiting years for a nice long Arms-Stun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Okay, so you want harder content, now id like to see EVERYONE in this thread posting there LK 25man HC without 30% buff kill....

And no i dont have it myself, but i am damn tired of "normal farmers" that want harder content when they havnt even done the hardest content out there

LK Heroic was only hard because of RNG.