Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race changing 06/12/10

I'm planning on going Worgen when Cata is released tomorrow (I'm British so I get to login at 23:01)
    If I was to purchase the Race change now, and save it will that be eligible for the Worgen?
    Or will i have to buy it after cata's release?

I only ask because I don't want to have to pay for the service twice an I wasn't sure =/

You could buy it anytime you want (even from last year) and race change tomorrow when it is released (dependant on zone). Myself, well i killed off my RP character just to race change... so i have had nothing to do for the last few days :S.

Deleted
    Aye it will work am gonna do it when i get up in the morning then at 11 i r going worgen

oh just realized you're from europe arent you i thought i said june 12th at 1st
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    Oh you silly people!

10+ Year Old Account
    thats what i did or am doing right now soon as realm restarts i will be worgen cause i love my druid but hate Nelfs :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know for sure if it will work or are you all just saying that?
    Thrall for Warchief 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by kiluuar View Post
    It will work, according to a blue post a little while back. Don't ask me to find it, but it's there. Might've been in one of the dev chats. I really don't remember.

It's possible, myself buying a faction change tommorow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    The retarded American date system should just die already... Same with your unit system, i mean really 5280 feet in a mile, wtf is that?!

This isn't exactly worth a ban, but could be considered racist [Against a time zone? =P] or rude, so please do be careful. Seeing as I don't read that comment to be against a race per se, I am only giving a warning... ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-06 at 03:23 PM.

i just bought mine, it went through instantly
    just hoping i won't have to buy another one if it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by dbach713 View Post
    thats what i did or am doing right now soon as realm restarts i will be worgen cause i love my druid but hate Nelfs :S
    You can't buy it ahead of time. Night elf druids can't prepurchase; we have to wait. There's nothing for us to switch to until we have Cata.

Signature by Shyama!

Do it immediately or face queues!

Apparently the OP is not a Druid so, yeah go for it.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    The retarded American date system should just die already... Same with your unit system, i mean really 5280 feet in a mile, wtf is that?!
    It means there are 5280 feet in a mile. I don't think its hard to understand personally.

I can see the logic for getting rid of the imperial system, but what's wrong with our date system?
    Last edited by Bags; 2010-12-06 at 04:38 AM.

Silly non-Americans! its

MM / DD / YY

Quote Originally Posted by Celesse View Post
    You can't buy it ahead of time. Night elf druids can't prepurchase; we have to wait. There's nothing for us to switch to until we have Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopert View Post
    i just bought mine, it went through instantly
    just hoping i won't have to buy another one if it doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by kiluuar View Post
    Yes, as someone has already said, there was a Blue post (post from a blizzard employee) which stated that this will work. You can purchase it in advanced, (might be smart to skip the long waits after cata hits), and it will work after cata is released.

I'm American and I support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laríen View Post
    Oh you silly people!
    Silly people from Europe!

It also is worth mentioning, any quests you have will be deleted when you race change, so if you are like me, and stacking 25 quests to turn in on day 1, you need to wait to race change.

[QUOTE=SquishyTank;9706640]Yes, as someone has already said, there was a Blue post (post from a blizzard employee) which stated that this will work. You can purchase it in advanced, (might be smart to skip the long waits after cata hits), and it will work after cata is released.

My bad; I meant that you CAN buy it ahead of time, but not if you're a night elf druid planning on switching to Worgen. I tried the other day and received an error saying that there was not a race for me to change to.

So night elf druids hoping to go worgen have to wait until after Cataclysm is live.

Signature by Shyama!

I've written multiple tickets about this issue, as have my friends.

About 80% of the GM's who have responded said that you cannot purchase a WOTLK race change and use it for access to Goblins/Worgen. Instead, you must wait until Cataclysm has been released AND you have installed the game in order to purchase a CATA race change, which will grant access to Goblins and Worgen.

Now, the other 20% - they decided to INCLUDE this little fact -

If you purchase your race change before Cataclysm goes live at 00:00 Pacific server time, you will not be eligible for a race change to goblins or worgen.

Reguardless, I really don't think any of those GM's know for sure, but I wouldn't risk my money. If you feel like you're ok risking your money and the forced 3day wait on race changes after a faction/race change, then by all means, go for it.