Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thank you for the count down clocks

Hopefully this will help temper the 4 or 5 post made an hour on when Cataclysm is coming out. Even if it doesn't change that the happy little nerd in me will have it running in my background for the next day or so.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Indeed. Reminds me of those count down clocks to Christmas.. Except we're celebrating the end of the world! (In Azeroth anyway..)

I also like the countdowns clocks. =) The only thing that is confusing me is why europe it getting it 9 hours ahead of us? =(

I know! thank you!
    I love to come on MMO and watch the clock go down xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blndiebby25 View Post
    I also like the countdowns clocks. =) The only thing that is confusing me is why europe it getting it 9 hours ahead of us? =(
    They're probably going to release/update the EU servers at midnight GMT. Hence, the 9 hours earlier.

explain to me please?

Because that's the way time zones work. If you were to instantly go to Europe from the USA you'd go forward in time 9 hours. Time is crazy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Hopefully this will help temper the 4 or 5 post made an hour on when Cataclysm is coming out.
    I wish, but don't count on it.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I wish, but don't count on it.
    Is that a pun? If so. +1 Kudos.

usually US get the patches 1 day before EUROPE...

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    They're probably going to release/update the EU servers at midnight GMT. Hence, the 9 hours earlier.
    Hmmmmm thought we were all suppose to get it all at the same time.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Because that's the way time zones work. If you were to instantly go to Europe from the USA you'd go forward in time 9 hours. Time is crazy like that.
    I know how times zones work. =) But my impression was that Cata was going to be released at 12:01 PST no matter where you were in the world, so that would me even if you were in Europe you would need to wait 30+ hours until Cata comes out like the rest of us.

I know how times zones work. =) But my impression was that Cata was going to be released at 12:01 PST no matter where you were in the world, so that would me even if you were in Europe you would need to wait 30+ hours until Cata comes out like the rest of us.
    I think the clocks are based on your computer time. Since Europe is 9 hours ahead of us, the clock appears to "Move forward" in time, which makes me wonder why they need a second clock to begin with.

Try changing your time zone and see if the clocks changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthwader View Post
    usually US get the patches 1 day before EUROPE...
    Ya I have seen that but I thought with this it was going to be even so no one gets the advantage.

Deleted
    Wooo for once its the yankees QQing over releases!

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Wooo for once its the yankees QQing over releases!
    Not a yankee, I am a canuck. =P Also, I am not QQing I am just confused. =)
    Last edited by Blndiebby25; 2010-12-06 at 01:52 AM.

There are 2 different release times, its been covered a few times in posts but if nothing else the big clock with time rolling backwards should help clear that up. Europe and Asia get it at 12:01 Paris time I think and North America gets it at 12:01 pst. While a large group of the wow population gets it a little bit before the rest of the world but its better then it going at 12 server at every time zone. Now ppl on the same server all start at the same time no more several hour head starts because of the time zone you are in, now the only thing effected is a short window lead on world firsts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There are 2 different release times, its been covered a few times in posts but if nothing else the big clock with time rolling backwards should help clear that up. Europe and Asia get it at 12:01 Paris time I think and North America gets it at 12:01 pst. While a large group of the wow population gets it a little bit before the rest of the world but its better then it going at 12 server at every time zone. Now ppl on the same server all start at the same time no more several hour head starts because of the time zone you are in, now the only thing effected is a short window lead on world firsts.
    I obviously missed the other posts and I obviously saw the clocks on the front page hence my original post expressing my confusion. After googling it (and waiting for the wow forums to get back up again) I did find a post about the fact that Europe is indeed getting Cata hours ahead of the US (and anyone else lumped in with them). Oh well it doesn't effect me was just confused. =)

Edit: Arghhhh looks like the wow forums are back down again.

All this time zone stuff makes my head hurt. =(

I did find a post about the fact that Europe is indeed getting Cata hours ahead of the US (and anyone else lumped in with them). Oh well it doesn't effect me was just confused.
    Which obviously would only be for the associated realms. Not the people who play on North America realms but live elsewhere in the world.

Despite the whole confusion over Europe getting Cata earlier I am still super excited that I get to play in about 29 hours!!!! =D