Get Revered with all factions in cata BEFORE trying to get Exalted - thoughts?

After going through the reputation rewards given by the various factions in cata, one thing is blatantly clear: Blizzard has cascaded gear amongst the factions in such a way that classes that get a great item at Exalted, probably won't have any items to pick from at Revered! This is clearly done on purpose to encourage players to get rep with all factions.

As an example, a new level 80 player that starts leveling in Cata has to choose between Hyjal and Vashj'ir questions. Chances are, the most obvious choice would be to choose Vash'jir since reputation gains in there lead to an amazing DPS ring at exhalted. However, there is nothing at revered... instead, the good revered gear is held in Hyjal!

It is in my opinion that players should first focus on aiming for revered gear first. You need ~21k reputation, versus ~42k. Not to mention, the you will be boosted by the quest reputation. Then, when you are 85 and dungeons become your main grind, it should then be when you turn to get exalted.

This strategy may not get you the pre-heroic BiS items as quickly... but it will gear you better *overall* much quicker. Quite simply, I rather have a character that has a lot of 'great' items... versus one that has a lot of decent items, than one BiS.
    Last edited by Mehdi; 2010-12-06 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume, that I would be almost revered when I complete all the quests in hyjal or vash.

exalted takes no time at all with rep tabards

Quote Originally Posted by Xalviar View Post
    exalted takes no time at all with rep tabards
    This is based on what? If you basing it off of beta, I'm pretty sure reputation was boosted, right?

Based on how long it took in WoTLK to get 21k reputation before the nerfs, it took quite a lot of runs, with ~1k reputation gains per dungeon run. Which is no way trivial.

Whereas you can get exalted with minimal effort yielding way more upgrades.
    Last edited by Mehdi; 2010-12-06 at 03:09 AM.

You edited the title, but didn't fix the 'h', only the 'u'. It's spelled "exalted" without any 'h' or 'u'.

To answer your question, after you hit 85, go back and do whichever zones you didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You edited the title, but didn't fix the 'h', only the 'u'. It's spelled "exalted" without any 'h' or 'u'.

To answer your question, after you hit 85, go back and do whichever zones you didn't do.
    Thanks, but I didn't ask a question. I'm not really sure how your advice fits into the OP. Can you please elaborate?