Thread: Best dps spec?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best dps spec?

haven't seen anything on this yet, this is mostly goes out to the beta raiders. What spec is pulling the most dps i heard fire but not confirmed would be nice to see if someone know's or tested this.

Try arcane mage, 1 button win and now with his/her own timewarp!

I mean, I know a guy who asks for the whole range of mana restoring buffs(Innervate, Hymn of Hope and such) so he can only press 1 button... his dps is insane although it seems very unskilful.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At 85: fire, followed by frostfire, then frost, then arcane. The problem with fire/frostfire is you have to weave a LOT of scorches in or you go OOM instantly. Arcane gets screwed as soon as you have adds or movement. Frost is somewhat stable but needs to hit the hit and shatter crit caps instead of just hit cap.

i heard frost was best, hmm, prob wrong tho, i'm not TOO updated on this all, but as i lvl frost do seem more or less OP cause of the FoF procs all the time.

All have mana issues not just fire.
    As for DPS it goes:
    1- Arcane if you raid 25 with everyone burning +mana cooldown on you (not likely happening considering healers have serious mana issue right when you hit first heroic dongeons)
    2- The rest. Seriously nothing was was futher on all specs I played on beta. All depends on what buff your raid needs and what utility is best for the fight (generally speaking, adds = frost, burst = arcane, AoE or killing feat = fire)

Deleted
    Best =/= most fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost was doing the best until it was discovered that you HAVE to use scorch as fire, weaving it with fireballs. Doing that you can keep your mana going indefinitely but might not be high enough when the boss hits execute range for the slightly higher DPS fireball spam.

Frost and arc both use mage armour. Frost has 0 mana problems doing so, although you scrape low a few times waiting on gem/evo cooldown. Arcane is fine and can literally go forever if you know how to play.

I tried frost in dungeons and i must say it works rather whell, i was pulling from 10-13 k dps on certan bosses, as arcane i do pull more, but considering the new stats scaling and blue gear i woud say that frost is realy good to begin ur raiding in cata with. Probably arcane will be better when u have enough gear for it. but now u dont so frost is awesum

I was SO looking forward to raiding as frost, but yes according to latest sims it would appear everyone will be raiding fire for the entire expansion unless Blizz decides otherwise.

The best DPS spec is the one you enjoy playing the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

doesnt seem like there is a consensus here. i am also looking to these forums to find out which one i should familiarize myself with. i am no where near 80-85 so have some time. so far i prefer arcane for leveling as it is much more powerful than my fire spec. but it may be different later on in raids and dungeons. hopefully there will be a clearer picture and someone will post numbers, stats, etc

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    doesnt seem like there is a consensus here. i am also looking to these forums to find out which one i should familiarize myself with. i am no where near 80-85 so have some time. so far i prefer arcane for leveling as it is much more powerful than my fire spec. but it may be different later on in raids and dungeons. hopefully there will be a clearer picture and someone will post numbers, stats, etc
    Go to google and type "Simulationcraft" in the search engine. Go to the mage link there are plenty of numbers to look at. Sadly, they all seem to point at fire.......which most of us have raided with a hundred times.

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 11:31 AM ----------

This may help a little http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127482982
    Last edited by kaskadereno; 2010-12-07 at 07:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For a quick reference, this is ilvl 372 gear, 7 minute fight, no movement, no adds. Basic stand and burn.

aracne is a waste of time at this low level gear you oom fast, just go fire or frost whatever you find funner.

In terms of scaling due to gear It would go Arcane-frost-fire, since Arcane Only needs hit cap, where as both need hit cap, and crit, though frost needs only 33.34% crit and fire needs more.

However, due to mana problems frost pulls ahead of arcane, and would predict frost being BETTER OVERALL, not due to dps entirelly, but due to debuffs, especially in 10 man, such as anti healing which with some tanks, isnt easy to keep up. Frost also provides mana to everyone else so is useful in any grp, and has a pet which can be useful for fights which require a pet to keep an add busy such as blood prince council.

Once we get more mana it will go arcane, then when We have High levels of Crit I would predict fire.

However which level we reach 1st either the mana needed or crit is anyones guess. Though I would hope its fire because its more fun than arcane.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do not do OOM as arcane. Just use Arcane Missiles and barrage at the right time. You have Evocation on a 2 minute cooldown and mana gem.

Personally I would want to play frost in raids, I do play in a raiding guild so I have to choose the top spec. It is also depending on the encounter for whatever is best.

I haven't done a lot of theorycrafting at 85 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    The best DPS spec is the one you enjoy playing the most.
    This is very wrong. The best DPS spec is the one that does the most DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    This is very wrong. The best DPS spec is the one that does the most DPS.
    I think you may missed his point... unless you are in the process of acting out the meaning of your name.. in which i just got trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by iNaddict View Post
    unless you are in the process of acting out the meaning of your name.. in which i just got trolled.
    His avatar is Trollface
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iNaddict View Post
    I think you may missed his point... unless you are in the process of acting out the meaning of your name.. in which i just got trolled.
    I think you missed his point."The best DPS spec is the one you enjoy playing the most." is the ultimate non-answer to any dps question.We don't come here to receive insights about our life (here's one for free "Quit giving douchebaggy answers to purely mathematical questions.") and frankly non-answers are as bad if not worse than trolls.