Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Not sure about this. One thing I liked was being able to level where I wanted how I wanted. Apparently I'm the only one who sees this as Big Brother stepping in and telling how to play. Like others, I've kept toons in "old content" to level and/or do quest lines that I enjoyed. Now we're punished for doing so after years of people bitching about how no one visited old stuff? Thanks to the "max rushers" for screwing everyone else by abusing the system.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    First, lets yank the portals out of Dalaran, so as to herd people back to the old world... Now, discourage anyone from finishing up "old" content to herd them to the next expansion's content.

Please note the word "herd"... I'm not a sheep, and I really have to ask myself if I want to pay another $40 and $15 a month for the "privilege" of being treated like a herbivore.
    Exactly. I actually did level one of my characters from 70 to 73 by doing lots of TBC heroics. Not because it was really faster exp/hour than doing the bread crumb quests in Northrend, but because it was another way to level an alt.

They could give 75% exp at level x1, 50% exp at level x2, 25% exp at level x3, but not just drastically reduce it to the ground at level x0. There are many ways to stop people getting realm firsts by chainrunning WotKL heroics till 85...

This is a release-day-only tactic, and if it's not removed for real game play in a patch or so, it's bullshit.

I shouldn't be penalized for wanting to finish every quest I have. I shouldn't hit 60, 70, or 80 and drop every quest I have, shit my pants, and run as fast as possible to the next expansion. Logically, they should WANT us to experience every quest, every zone, and stay in an old expansion as long as possible, because the timeline of logic says we'll then spend more time on, and getting to each other patch, meaning longer sub times, etc...

So, this SHOULD be changed back in the first Cata content patch and they should stop trying to turn into Nazi-Blizzard, forcing us to do what they want us to do. I think the change was just for all the people who thought they were beating the system getting the best dailys to turn in on release-day.

What I don't understand is why people feel that they are obligated to leave the prior content once they "out-level" something ONLY because Blizzard nerfed the experience on mob kills. If I get 10% on mob kills once I hit 61, who cares? If I want to stay in Azeroth and finish all the quests, then I will. Is the 10% really bothering most of you that much? Some of you stated that staying behind had nothing to do with experience gain, but questing. Well thats great, it shouldn't matter, continue to quest. Remember, even green mobs granted less experience than yellow mobs. It was always based on your level in relation to the enemy mob. And besides, once they turned grey you were out all experience anyway. Are the people who comment like this the ones that don't try to achieve things like Loremaster? Once you hit 85, you won't care anymore.

This is bugged; I killed dwarves in steel gate in howling fjord today with my lvl 70 horde character. The mobs were lvl 69, and gave about 67xp each. They are the only ones ive encountered though

This is ridiculous. Why does blizzard care so much how and where people level up and where they play? If people want to run old content until it's gray let them. I foresee problems with the dungeon finder putting 60s in old dungeons and people getting pissed that blizzard is wasting their time. Either drop group and wait 30 minutes or play through a dungeon for 10% exp...

Quote Originally Posted by offtehcuff View Post
    This is ridiculous. Why does blizzard care so much how and where people level up and where they play? If people want to run old content until it's gray let them. I foresee problems with the dungeon finder putting 60s in old dungeons and people getting pissed that blizzard is wasting their time. Either drop group and wait 30 minutes or play through a dungeon for 10% exp...
    True point. How does this not screw people in LFD when they're still in range of "old" instances at the content max?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
    What I don't understand is why people feel that they are obligated to leave the prior content once they "out-level" something ONLY because Blizzard nerfed the experience on mob kills.
    What I don't understand is why people freak out about someone else's realm first and the way it is obtained.

If I get 10% on mob kills once I hit 61, who cares?
    So I should be penalized (even beyond expansion experience inflation) because there are folks rushing things out?

p.s. Once you hit 60.

Expect to be penalized while:
    -using Dungeon finder
    -catching up profesions
    -finishing interesting Q lines & zones

It is so much fun when the authority tells you how to have fun.
    Last edited by mmocb64642b22d; 2010-12-07 at 05:11 PM.

Who's freaking out? You took that into a direction I wasn't even headed. If you're rushing to do realm firsts, you're not going to stick in old world content grinding out mob kills. Read the vast amount of replies before yours on how members were upset that they couldn't quest in Azeroth once hitting 60. If anything, I was trying to bring some level-headed thinking into this topic. If you not up for the achievements or playing casually, its not really all that big a deal. And all these rushers, are in Cata grinding out higher level mobs anyway.

As far as the second comment, I guess its everyone's own opinion on what they consider fun. If they reduce the experience to 10%, I guess some don't have fun when they're affected. Penalized or not, if you aren't rushing content for Realm First achievements, then why would you think this is less fun. I'm not going to let this tell me how to have fun. I'm going to do what I want, and I'm going to enjoy doing it. You're not penalized for doing lower level quests, and you're not penalized for catching up on professions. The same limitations you had for professions and quests at 80 are still there at 85, and its not stated that its changed. Just mob kills, which people probably won't be killing boars, skeletons, or skeleton boars or whatever over and over again until 85. As for Dungeon Finder, when you hit 80, you can start queuing for Cataclysm dungeons.

I don't really like this, mostly because of having to do Hellfire Peninsula, instead of staying in new azeroth for 3 more levels.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    I don't really like this, mostly because of having to do Hellfire Peninsula, instead of staying in new azeroth for 3 more levels.
    ^ this. I'm not sure how much this will actually slow down leveling in old world post-60, but it's a shame that my level 60 warrior (leveled 1-60 in the awesome new content) has to give up on his current quests and go into the [now] oldest content in the game just because the devs think I should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just mob kills, which people probably won't be killing boars, skeletons, or skeleton boars or whatever over and over again until 85. As for Dungeon Finder, when you hit 80, you can start queuing for Cataclysm dungeons.
    And therefore hurting people that wish to do some mob grinding for a change? That's been a staple leveling method in other MMOs, and although not the primary way to do so in WoW, it did work prior to this change.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Leveling was a joke this expansion, basically took half the time.

Deleted
    Who's freaking out?
    Apparently Blizzard is, thus this change.

You took that into a direction I wasn't even headed.
    You too.
    I tried to say there are people who feel negatively effected and therefore help/harm analysis shoud be done before implementation.

What is the purpose of this change?
    To discourage people from some behavior. (I have difficulties to see why is that behavior such big problem in the first place.)

Do some people feel collateraly damaged by it?
    Yes.

Is consequent good from this change greater than bad?
    Me personally woud say no - it is greatly restricting possible ways of leveling - leading to less player choices - less fun.

Question is not if we can live with it, because we can, even with great chunk of displeasure.

Question is, is it justified?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyp View Post
    I'd like to say that I am a fan, to me this makes perfect sense. And honestly I know that some people will want to get the quest achieves and that is understandable, and I guess that does suck alittle for them but its really to ensure content flow with the level range and I like that
    Exactly why did Blizzard feel the need to enforce their view of how to play the game on everyone? This is not an exploit and players were already punished because 'old' mobs and quests give less experience and inferior gear rewards.

This is one of those Blizzard-knows-best solution looking for a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.O lol, ^.^ level in northrend xD

Deleted
    thanks for the news

Deleted
    Interesting