Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People have done the same exact thing he did just now. It's nothing new. Grats to him getting there, it's just a shame that it took even less time then I was hoping it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling View Post
    How is this a legit way to level? How bout people level by playing the game? He deserves a ban for being a dickhead and avoiding playing the game to hit 85 first. Exploiting something to go around the games intentions is pretty much textbook bannable offense.
    How did he exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf View Post
    There's NO way leveling from 80 to 85 was done in a legit way in a few hours, unless it was *maybe* done via the instant spawns in Sholazar, which may have been why the exp was changed just recently. If it was that way everyone should totally expect her xp to be reset as that's exploiting (from blizzards point of view).
    There's many Screenshots of Athene in Twilight Highlands, so nope thats not it.

hurray for being able to tag mobs and letting others do work for you! >.>

He/she is going to reveal 'scientific findings', sounds like a fool to me.

And for the record, leaving and rejoining a party within an instance is an exploit, blizzard made it quite clear many times that leaving/rejoining a party is against the game rules.

As for tagging outside of an instance, there is nothing wrong with that per the game rules but it's hardly an achievement to get others to do all the work for you. Wow you showed us how an organised group of players can level faster than 1 person soloing. Was that really so hard to work out?

Athene's world first means as much as Mark McGwire's home run record.

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont really care who got world first, but i just love how people love to bitch about things.

anyways gratz to athene.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082 View Post
    lol at the seemingly 10th thread with athene haters ... if you don't like him... don't watch him :P

yes he may have mob tagged. he got banned for doing it in dungeons to get to 80 in wotlk. the person who did it "legit" tagged mobs outside of dungeons and no one hated on him.

So its not really relevant or worthy of a post to say "so what he is lame and did it "this" way". how bout just a grats :P
    Except the one who did it legitimately is actually amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the hearts of every man, woman and child
    post an armory link already

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    actually the achievement should be called europe first 85 since the rest of the world don't even have the game yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    actually the achievement should be called europe first 85 since the rest of the world don't even have the game yet..
    Still world first after all

Blizz is indifferent. As long as they get the money.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    i dont really care who got world first, but i just love how people love to bitch about things.

anyways gratz to athene.
    Server/world firsts are important to some people (for some reason). Someone using exploits, or mob tagging (same thing) is completely not playing the game and absolutely ruins it for everyone else who (not exploiting) put any work, time, or gold into getting the same achievement. Calling it bitching makes you look like a tool. They have legitimate concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldir View Post
    "Oh, elite mob group, better stay aw... OH GOD WHAT IS THIS, CHARGED TO DEATH?!?!?!?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to ATHENE!!!!!
    Stormbringer Guild of Khadgar -- Join Now!
    www.stormbringer.guildzilla.com

well, athene did it in Xhrs/mins/secs, now, we wait for US (and other regions?) to see how fast their "world first" did it, whoever was faster= world first?

so what exactly did he do wrong? i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf View Post
    There's NO way leveling from 80 to 85 was done in a legit way in a few hours, unless it was *maybe* done via the instant spawns in Sholazar, which may have been why the exp was changed just recently. If it was that way everyone should totally expect her xp to be reset as that's exploiting (from blizzards point of view).
    There IS A WAY...it was described in this very thread a few times already.

Mob tagging...

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supfresh View Post
    Still world first after all
    Yea, doesn't change that fact. If someone does it next it can't be first anymore.