Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death penalty? really? that seems a bit extreme

Punishing whistle blowers is pretty cool : /

I think Bradley Manning's case (or lack therof) is more important than Assange's, but he doesn't get as much coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    But didn't he help stop the Vietnam War? Please excuse my lack of knowledge in case I'm wrong, I should've read about it beforehand :S

Anyways, I believe he didn't die, but I'll check the Internet :P

EDIT: By the way, how do y'all know he'd threaten the safety of the US? All he said is that it's a Thermo Nuclear bomb, but if the docs were REALLY Top secret, 1 million people wouldn't have access to them...
    It's noted in the OP that Assange has threatened to unlock the secure data regarding US ports if captured.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple things piss me off.

1) I'm not as interested in Assange's trial as I am the dickhead that decided to give him all the information. Manning and anyone else who released the info to Assange should be the ones that everyone is up in arms against, Assange was just the guy lucky enough to get all the info.

2) What does anger me about Assange is it seems he's made threats to have some really confidential shit released if anything should happen to him. This I don't like. If it's more back room banter then sure, go crazy. If he has stuff released that is so top secret it starts to greatly endanger my country or some other country, then that's too far. The thing I like even less is he make these threats almost to taunt the US. He's basically saying, "go ahead, I dare you to screw with me. See what happens."

3) The replies anger me. There are quite a few replies from Europeans just taking cheap shots at the USA. It's really not needed. Even less needed if you actually looked through a history book and noted the fucked up stuff nearly every major country has done in the past. If you can actually come up with some reasonable argument then good for you; seeing shit like "I hope he releases everything because I think the US sucks" or some stupid 10 year old reply is just dumb.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wikileaks is a joke. I havnt surfed that entire site but I wasnt impressed from what I gathered in about an hour. I want to know who killed JFK, Area 51, or did a President ever murder someone. All I found was lots of backroom deals and collateral damage videos that a clearly accidental. If that is all the government has to hide, Im not too worried.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post

1) I'm not as interested in Assange's trial as I am the dickhead that decided to give him all the information. Manning and anyone else who released the info to Assange should be the ones that everyone is up in arms against, Assange was just the guy lucky enough to get all the info.

2) What does anger me about Assange is it seems he's made threats to have some really confidential shit released if anything should happen to him. This I don't like. If it's more back room banter then sure, go crazy. If he has stuff released that is so top secret it starts to greatly endanger my country or some other country, then that's too far. The thing I like even less is he make these threats almost to taunt the US. He's basically saying, "go ahead, I dare you to screw with me. See what happens."

3) The replies anger me. There are quite a few replies from Europeans just taking cheap shots at the USA. It's really not needed. Even less needed if you actually looked through a history book and noted the fucked up stuff nearly every major country has done in the past. If you can actually come up with some reasonable argument then good for you; seeing shit like "I hope he releases everything because I think the US sucks" or some stupid 10 year old reply is just dumb.
    The "Hurr durr I hate the US" posts are dumb, but so are the "OMG ASSANGE IS TEH DEVIL!!! HANG HIM FOR TREASON!! (Lol he's Australian)" posts... So anyways, most of the leaks exposed corruption OR backroom banter, so there's no point in people who say he has BLOOD in his hands when it's been stated he doesn't. That's what pisses me off, people following something blindy without researching...

Although reading what Smrund said... Well it's serious business... Good thing nothing happened to him, right? Because I doubt anyone would want to see that info released... Then again, Bill O'reilly is against Wikileaks, so I won't side with him, he's the dumbest human being I've seen.

I can see it now

Julian Assange: The Movie.

A tale of corruption, conspiracy and rape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez2k10 View Post
    I can see it now

Julian Assange in "The Smear Campaign"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez2k10 View Post
    I can see it now

Lol, that'd be really pathetic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post

Agreed. Bradley Manning is the real villain here. Julian Assange is just a giant douche. And so many people are willing to look past his horrible personality and obviously selfish motives and treat him like some sort of hero.

I would equate him to someone who finds a small girl being attacked by a dog, kicks the girl in the face for being stupid, then saves her just so he can milk her parents for reward money.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Agreed. Bradley Manning is the real villain here. Julian Assange is just a giant douche. And so many people are willing to look past his horrible personality and obviously selfish motives and treat him like some sort of hero.

I would equate him to someone who finds a small girl being attacked by a dog, kicks the girl in the face for being stupid, then saves her just so he can milk her parents for reward money.
    But why a villain? All he wanted was to leak the truth, sure some people say the whole truth shouldn't be seen, but how does some leaks about political banter affect us that much? They just show that some diplomats are douches, and that the world is corrupt, nothing new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, could be at "real risk" of the death penalty or detention in Guantánamo Bay if he is extradited to Sweden on accusations of rape and sexual assault, his lawyers claim.

What a load of paranoid bullshit. USA isn't like those shitholes Russia and China.

Julian Assange is just a giant douche.

Definitely.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2011-01-12 at 05:47 AM.

But why a villain? All he wanted was to leak the truth, sure some people say the whole truth shouldn't be seen, but how does some leaks about political banter affect us that much? They just show that some diplomats are douches, and that the world is corrupt, nothing new.
    Bradley Manning was given security clearance as part of his job with US Army Intelligence. This top secret clearance usually comes with a certain clause to it that you will not share the information with others. It would not be the first time that people with top secret security clearance were executed for treason. Look up the Rosenbergs, who during the Cold War, leaked atomic weapon secrets to the soviets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2010 View Post
    Can't believe they arrested him for doing NOTHING illegal. He's a journalist reporting the truth, he is a messenger reporting the horrible crimes of the government and now they want to turn it around and say he's the one who's putting lives in danger? While they massacre innocent lives? The world is TWISTED!
    what crimes. everyone who studies politics knows international law is a joke at best.

i doubt he will be sent to gitmo or executed. for one the death penatly is pretty much just used for murder and gitmo for suspected terrorists (as terrible of an institution as it is) (oh and refugees in the past)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2011-01-12 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    Theres a difference between revealing the truth (political gossip etc) and revealing battle plans or top secret national security secrets that put people's lives in danger. If one person dies because of any of these leaks he should be shot. Period.
    Well said. Revealing information that will endanger those who only live now because their identities are kept secret is a scenario that should never have to exist. The life of one person, one father, is far more important than revealing information to the uneducated masses because they feel they "have the right to know". There are reasons that the government keeps secrets, it's not only to protect the general public, but to protect the lives of those who risk everything so that we may be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marydoll View Post
    The funny thing is the hypocrites.

If for some strange reason all these secret files did not end up at wiki leaks but with fox news and fox news being a news agency then released the information then we would call it freedom of press and both fox news and its informant would be protected and normal americans would go batshit crazy if they tried to prosecute the fox news people. But instead it was wiki leaks and instead of freedom of press they call it terrorism and its informant is in a isolated cell right now.

No matter how wrong or right you think it was for him to release this does not matter, its freedom of press and he can not be touched. If we are going to stop this press then were is it going to stop?

Did he raped those girls? fuck ofcourse not, its already bin proven of 1 of them that she was laying and sweden turned the raped charges into a "suprise sex" charges, they are backing down from the charges slowly and jullian assange actually wanted to make an appointment with the sweden police to sort it out but they avoided him. Now the only reason sweden wants him now is because they are pressured by the US. UK wont give jullian to the US but sweden most likely will. Mark my words, if they give him to Sweden it wont be long before he is giving to the US.
    Actually if he just posted the information he would be covered by the US constitution, however because he has set it up that the information is released based on him getting sentenced he is guilty of Blackmail. He shouldn't be up for a death penalty related charge though, but the person who gave him the files should be up for Treason and that is a death penalty sentence.

Deleted
    That's US gov for you, shoot first, ask questions later.
    It is a shame that sweden's become a puppet nation of the US.
    And no, I do NOT hate americans, I simply hate their government.
    I'll just quote what one american politician(cant remember name) said ''In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth.
    In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble.''

Lol, that'd be really pathetic :P
    They made a movie about facebook...

Which was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    That's US gov for you, shoot first, ask questions later.
    It is a shame that sweden's become a puppet nation of the US.
    And no, I do NOT hate americans, I simply hate their government.
    I'll just quote what one american politician(cant remember name) said ''In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth.
    In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble.''
    while i agree that the death penalty is a little extreme I also believe that he should be recognised as a criminal for his actions. He was a party to the theft of personal information of many people, their private communications, their private e-mails and other documents that were secret for a reason. Did anyone realise that several afghani informant's names were released along with the documents, many foreign informants in countries that aren't as nice as others have been outed and are now being offered protection. Not all information handled by the government should be disseminated to the unknowing and easily panicked masses.

Way to go US!

What you see is US atempt to move focus from whet LEAKED to something of "lesser"* importance, look at the bigg picture, ofc the gouverment want the focus being "Julian - the bad guy!" instead of "US accused for ...." its not something new, its propaganda ppl....

*what Julian have been accused for, isn't something he should walk free from, ofc not. Though ALL focus can't be on what HE "did" (if its true), should be more focus on the info which leaked then the crimes of Julian. Its a coverup by the gouverments which have had their secret info leaked....
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.