Thread: Fear Macro.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velola View Post
    I've had this happen too. Pet is on passive. I fear a CC target. I target the main DPS target, start casting on it and send the pet in. BUT WAIT! The felgaurd decides that it should first CHARGE THE CC TARGET!* AWESOME! Then it goes back and DPS's the target I told it to attack.

There seems to be a more serious issue here. When your pet is in combat, it thinks any CC'd target is also in combat, and so attempts to fuck with it the best it can. This needs to be fixed by a game patch, IMO.

(*) one issue here is that by using the Fear Glyph, when I fear the CC target, it stays close to the action, and is thus in range for a variety of AOE abilities, which, aparently Felguard Charge is one. If I didn't have the glyph, the fear would run who-knows-where out of range, and not cause this problem. But it'd aggro other trash and cause the wipe, right?
    It sounds like you're using aoe (or have it on autocast - don't remember if its autocastable) around a CC target via the Felguard pet and not expecting it to break? That's part of CC basics.

However, if you really are /petpassive all the time and not using aoe (including pet aoe) and send in your pet to another target but it still first attacks or charges your Fear CC pet then that would be a very serious problem indeed. But if it were that serious *everyone* including the most skilled locks in both pve and pvp would be QQ'ing about it like you wouldn't believe. I haven't seen any sign of this. Has anyone else?

Here is macro that I use

#showtooltip
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /focus [@mouseover,exists,harm][]
    /petpassive
    /petfollow
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm][] Fear;
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();

This will put focus on your target or mouse over target and and fear it, then if you need to reapply fear you can just mouseover focus and click macro again. Then if u need to resume attacking with pet you need to put /petattack line in your common used spells macros.

But there is one thing that I have never found how to do, because /petattack is like switch, if u pres it once pet will start to attack but if you press it twice pet will start and stop, so if you are spamming buttons your pet goes back and fort which lowers its dps. So if someone knows line that will just toggle petatack on and noting else it would be nice to post it here.
    Last edited by randa; 2010-12-22 at 03:31 PM.