10+ Year Old Account

NHL Playoff Prediction

Yes its a long ways off, but just for fun whose in your final 16 for this season's playoffs?

Mine are:
    East-3,4, and 5 seeds will be close. I think the points total will really fall off from there though.
    1. Philadelphia-Most complete team in east, don't see them slowing down too much
    2. Pittsburgh-Crosby's not gonna keep this otherworldly play up, but Malkin will be back
    3. Montreal-Very tight play makes these guys look so much different than last years reg season team. Price has been great but can he keep it up?
    4. Washington-Lack of d/goal tending will catch up with them. Yes yes mike green is great, and Neuvirth (sp) has been good but he won't keep it up.
    5. Boston-I'd like to think that everything will "click" for my b's, but at this point its wishful thinking. When they are great, they look unstoppable. When they are bad, Tim Thomas saves them.
    6. Tampa Bay-Stamkos has already started to slow down a bit (still getting 50 goals tho), They need to come up with some way stop letting goals in.
    7. Buffalo-I can't imagine this team not making it with Miller in goal. He's that good. And they have gotten some decent goal support lately
    8. Atlanta-These guys have been HOT lately. Pavelec has been great and Byfuglien is slowly (and quietly) making a case for the Norris. Closest team would be Rangers, and I just don't see them in it.

West-I really don't know the west very well, so I'm not too keen on these picks. The west is WAY tighter than the east so really anything could happen.
    1. Detriot-From what I've seen they look fantastic. Best team out west hands down.
    2. Vancouver
    3. Dallas-Only if they can hang on in that conference
    4. Chicago-Stanley cup hangover will wear off a bit in the 2nd half. Still won't get conference though.
    5. L.A.-I see these guys bouncing back from this slump they have been in.
    6. Colorado
    7. Columbus-Last 2 are soooo tough to pick, any team could take it. Don't count on the oilers or flames though.
    8. Phoenix
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    East:
    Washington Capitals - They might get to second round, I wouldn't be surprised if they did or did not. Washington is a strong regular season team, but they aren't quite a playoff team.
    Montréal Canadiens - Habs win.
    Philadelphia Flyers - Their defense is a bit weak, but their offense is ridiculous enough to keep them in the top 8 seeds. I don't think they will get too far unless they rally like they did last year. If they keep Boucher in net more often they will do better IMO.
    New York Rangers - Gaborik will push this team to the playoffs I think.
    Tampa Bay Lightning - Same idea as the Rangers. Carried by Stamkos and St. Louis.
    Pittsburgh Penguins - Crosby's hot streak is the only reason they have an 11 game win streak right now. Even if they don't get Staal and Malkin back, they will at least seed 6th or 7th.
    Boston Bruins - Well balanced team, and one of the best goalies in the league.
    Atlanta Thrashers - I'm kinda iffy on them. If they keep up what they've been doing they will make it. Otherwise they might get outseeded by Buffalo or even Florida.

West:
    Detroit Red Wings - No contest. They pretty well always make it to the playoffs, their team is compromised of veterans (Datsyuk, Lidstrom, etc), and they look like a fleet of soviet tanks on the ice when they play.
    Vancouver Canucks - Their defense is a little weak, but their offense makes up for it.
    Los Angeles Kings - I think they will be focused enough to stay in the top 8.
    San Jose Sharks - Same idea as L.A., but I think they are a stronger playoff team than the Kings.
    Anaheim Ducks - They've been slumping lately, but I think they are going to rally and make it to at least 7th or 8th seed. They have some really good players in their roster (Getzlaf, Koivu, Perry).
    Chicago Blackhawks - They traded away a bunch of players that put alot into their win last year, but they still have key people - enough to get into the playoffs, but I don't see them keeping the cup in Illinois at all.
    Dallas Stars - They are doing pretty damn good right now, but will they keep up? I think they will.
    Phoenix Coyotes - These guys have a franchise to save. lol.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    no way the bruins finish behind the rangers or lightning.

PS do you like the trailer park boys?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    They aren't in seed order. :s

PS do you like the trailer park boys?
    Depends.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    I don't really watch NLH anymore but my favorite team is Detroit, and I hope they win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    They aren't in seed order. :s

Depends.
    duh i guess i just assumed they were.