Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    I hate watching sports...bores the poo outa me

Playing is different...I'd love to give american football a try
    Its like rugby only wimpyer & with different rules...but on the plus side you can play dirtyer
    But yer the stop every 5 secs thing is very annoying...Hence why I aint big on american sports

Edit: Ok I take the play dirtyer bit back...Just went on youtube & watched some games & some of the most "brutal" takedowns....
    *facepalm*
    wheres the agression? Wheres the pain? WHeres the speed? Wheres the strategy & teamwork?

Oh well, if you enjoy it you enjoy it, if you dont you dont
    like the football fanatics here make fun if you dont like it....then we get on the rugby pitch...Oh how I do love it so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4IVRHHjorw Football hits.
    Youtubed rugby hits...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDesUUBlPko IDK, seems like the football ones seem 10X worse. And most of those hits are cheapshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnïr View Post
    Basically cause the "americans" tend to misscall a lot of things.
    1) You call Americans to the people born in the US, but people born in center, and south america are also americans.
    2) You call football a game that is 95% played while holding or throwing a ball, barely using your feet.

Tactical ball would be an appropiate (although stupid name) name for the sport.

I live in Argentina and here soccer (from now on Football or Fútbol in spanish) is like a religion but sometimes I njoy watching a superbowl or some baseball matches on ESPN.
    exactly that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serane View Post
    I'm American and can't stand the game.. it's so...boring. what's so entertaining about watching a bunch of men run around a field trying to steal a ball from each other...
    Whats so entertaining about any sport if thats your mind set on a game? There is no point to any sport if you going to look at it like that.

Every sport has its ups and its downs, some people appreciate certain aspects of different games more so then others and they form their opinions around what they like. Who cares what other people like, if you enjoy it, good for you, if you dont, good for you go watch / do what you want to do.

5 seconds of action, 30 seconds of build up. It's almost as bad as baseball about action/waiting ratio. That and it seems there's a break or commercial every 30 seconds for 5 minutes even after they plaster ads inside the sports dome and on the edges of the screen. You never know how long a game will last. This is why I like college sports over pro sports. I can watch a college game and THEY ACTUALLY PLAY instead of squirrel around and take commercial breaks every 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    have you ever seen a rugby game? if american football players are bigger and stronger then a rugby player I will cut my balls off... lol
    Get the scissors ready.

I don't know why I hate it. I guess it's mostly because it's a stupid fucking name. First of all i didn't read the explanation why it football. I read the intro. It simply was TLDR text. But anyway. Football, for a game that you 99% of the game hold the ball in your hands? Who is the genius that named it football?!?! Come on yourself. And I guess it's some sort of ripoff from Rugby, but with protection to make it seem "rougher", lol. And of what I know the rules are easier than normal rugby? You mustn't throw the ball backwards? You can throw to the side or a bit forward? And I guess another reason that we "hate" it is because you don't see football on European TV. Like never. So we don't care about the sport. And why should we care about the rules in the game when we anyways won't see it on TV and enjoy it or whatever you sportsfans do(I dislike sport overall, even soccer. I think it's just boring to watch. Icehockey comes pretty close to interesting, but not all the way). I guess that's it.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    because it´s not football. you play football with your feet and a ball, not with your hands and an egg
    seems like rugby qualifies for what you said, yet its not called handegg either...

Im from Norway and I find American football to be very interesting to watch sometimes, but I agree that it can be much start, stop, start, stop which is mentioned.
    anyway the thing is that in a small country like Norway we usualy go with what the majority like, ie regular football or soccer.

I myself doesnt find soccer that interesting but with american fooball its amazing to watch some of thier plays go right and the oponent has no idea what just happened.

College: Pitt (fell apart this year geez)
    Pro: Patriots

To the people saying it's a pussy version of Rugby, ok, we'll take off the pads and see how many people die after week 1. I think American football hits are much more brutal because of the pads. Then after the pads the players get overconfident in not injuring themselves while making the hit and so they hit even harder. If rugby had pads I'm sure there would be a lot of much harder hits.

Its just not my cup of tea Guvnor!

Now excuse me I have a quest to issue to a Worgen and Mary Poppins to star in . . stupid accent

15+ Year Old Account
    errm ok.

I think we've milked this goat for what it's worth. It's straying into an inevitable US vs World thread which I don't want to see, nor do I want to infract people for. I feel we gave this a good run.

Ultimately, entertainment is in the eye of the beholder, and shockingly... people from different parts of the world have different opinions.

Feel free to open up threads about individual sports about whatever you like.

Thanks for the input. Closing now.