Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    college: University of Kentucky
    pro: Cincinnati Bengals

yes life suxs hard

btw hockey is the best. lived in pittsburgh for a couple years and became a HUGE penguins fan. Go Crosby!

I didnt really want to comment in this thread because it is turning into another mundane US vs. EU debate, however there have been a couple points brought up that are completely ridiculous.

1. American football is less "tough" than rugby because they wear pads. I have played both sports, at a collegiate level I might add, and there is a reason for those pads. Is there contact in both sports? Of course. Is there more contact in one than the other? Absolutely. American football is based around contact whereas rugby has contact, but more pushing and shoving rather than two objects colliding. Pads were developed because as American football evolved contact became more and more numerous, more forceful, and more prone to injury. With the size of American football players today (both professional and collegiate) and the amount of contact between the players if you remove the pads you are likely to send players to the hospital every single game.

2. On the same note regarding "toughness" of the sport. Is there any other sport besides soccer where faking injuries to draw a penalty is more popular and accepted? Its embarrassing to watch. Gogo Italian team.

3. American football players are thugs and have no passion for the sport. Really? Just American Football you say? There isnt any professional European soccer players who have become complete twats as well because of the money they earn? The Argentinean head coach paid extra to have his personal toilet shipped to the World Cup. I can keep listing names if you like... *cough* Beckham *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Kinda :P

I don't hate American football, and i'm dutch. I just like SOCCERR!!!!! SOCCERR .

No really, I like Soccer.
    no you don't like "soccer", you like "football"

it is boring, and a little gay. i dont like huge guys huging and tackling each other.

real football all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from Norway, so it's not that well broadcasted. But I do not hate the game. Being the sportsfreak that I am, I like pretty much every sport there is. But, the watching get's kinda boring to me. As someone mentioned, there's alot of pauses, fouls etc. But playing it? Oh, my God, so damn fun!

In general; the haters are the ones who don't get it.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sD_8prYOxo

I only watched one match and it was just too boring and too many commercials.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    because it´s not football. you play football with your feet and a ball, not with your hands and an egg
    very much this
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Deleted
    Hate ? I played our local League , Linebacker of http://www.patriots.sk/ [ In Czech, but it has pictures ! ]
    I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I guess this is more Why do you hate American football than anything else.

I think the weirdest excuse for why it's bad that I've seen is that "it's Rugby for wimps"? I don't think it's wimpy to protect yourself from being hurt when a 300 pound guy is about to flatten you.

And by the way feet are totally involved.. at the start they kick it.. and when they go for field goals they kick it. That's 2 kicks.

Too be honest I only watch the patriots games and mostly because out of all the sports out there it's not too dull. Baseball.. now that's dull..

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that hate American football because its called football should call it by its actual name. American football is actually called Gridiron.

Furthermore, it seems most love rugby, but its actually rugby football and since American Football (Gridiron) originated from rugby football, it is easy to see how the name carried over. And rugby football got its name from football as it is a derivative of football (soccer).
    Last edited by Chaedi; 2010-12-09 at 06:07 PM.

It's just way too complicated =S Poeple outside America doesn't play or watch it so we don't understand wtf is going on ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it looks boring as crap and should be called hand-egg instead of football.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Because it looks boring as crap and should be called hand-egg instead of football.
    The original football was actually a lot more round like you would think of as a football. However the shape was adapted to make them more conducive for fight through the air.

Deleted
    UK here.

I enjoy it, and my brother is in his university's team. Shame its only on tv at 3am in the morning..

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get it.
    WHY it is even called football? It's not like we call badminton finnish football either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    I still don't get it.
    WHY it is even called football? It's not like we call badminton finnish football either...
    Its call football because it originated from rugby which is actually called rugby football and rugby originated from football (soccer). So there you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    The game isn't time fluent like soccer.
    Exactly this, it isn't fluent, there are an insane number of stops and pauses.

Give me rugby union any day of the week.

Deleted
    because it´s not football. you play football with your feet and a ball, not with your hands and an egg
    haha:P true

THIS.the name is stupid,european football or soccer is the real FOOTBALL.

I also hate it because to me,it's more like a rejected wrestlers/boxers/MMA-ers game;Every1 that plays this sport must be big and dumb...also i despise baseball...dunno why you like these sports,there's nothing like a good Barcelona-Real Madrid match

But hey,i'm just an undeveloped european still living in a cave and eating mammoth meat

10+ Year Old Account
    too much physical contact.

(or how do you spell it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*