Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    What happens if you set the DX11 flag and your GFX card doesn't do DX11 ? Does it simply ignore it or does it give an error ?
    On my system (Vista 64, Radeon 4870), activating DX11 made the FPS drop from 50 to 15 No errors.
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    BlueNile: You are capable of running the mode. You have to run up to date drivers, and even then, some users still see a decrease.

I'm running a Q6600 @ 3.0, and a 9800GTX+, and I see a 10fps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNile View Post
    On my system (Vista 64, Radeon 4870), activating DX11 made the FPS drop from 50 to 15 No errors.
    Because that card doesnt support DX11.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Because that card doesnt support DX11.
    Please note that as I said in my post before, users with DX10 cards can run DX11 mode. Internally, the game engine changes to Dx10 settings.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

You should swap the second set of images of the benchmarks for consistency.
    As is, it's:
    [ATI/AMD] ... [Nvidia]
    [Nvidia] ....... [ATI/AMD]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakavin View Post
    Nobody and I mean nobody gives a flying fuck about a guild who was ON BETA cheating their asses off on live to get where they are. How about you post guilds that were NOT on beta and I might give them grats.

Hell, how about not post guild progression at all. Why does the world need to see the e-peen stroking shit? Europe got ages ahead of USA in everything thanks to release times.. Paragon can DIAF and so can that faggot Athene. Who didn't earn that 85, he had people power level him.. Nice earnings their pal.
    you know there are some special medical cremes for such severe cases of butthurt

I just didnt see any water anymore after activating DX11 on a non-dx11 card.

So we get all our heroic blues. Where do we go to raid first and then progress?

Nobody and I mean nobody gives a flying fuck about a guild who was ON BETA cheating their asses off on live to get where they are. How about you post guilds that were NOT on beta and I might give them grats.

Hell, how about not post guild progression at all. Why does the world need to see the e-peen stroking shit? Europe got ages ahead of USA in everything thanks to release times.. Paragon can DIAF and so can that faggot Athene. Who didn't earn that 85, he had people power level him.. Nice earnings their pal.
    pretty much this. I agree.

So many sad pathetic people taking down raids already, I seriously pity their empty overall useless lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Resa View Post
    Please note that as I said in my post before, users with DX10 cards can run DX11 mode. Internally, the game engine changes to Dx10 settings.
    My mistake, there were pixel shaders with version number 4.0 in game files. But still, thats not dx11 :P

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    I just didnt see any water anymore after activating DX11 on a non-dx11 card.
    Its a poor fix, but if you drop your Multisampling to x1, water will appear again.

This is on a list of known issues the devs are working to find a solution for. If you're US region, add your dxdiag & gx.log file to my stickied thread in the Wow Tech Support forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1118283081

The more information sent to the devs in aiding this isssue, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    My mistake, there were pixel shaders with version number 4.0 in game files. But still, thats not dx11 :P
    Nope, but then again, its just the setting's catchall value to not confuse users if they decide to manually set it. *shrug*
    Last edited by Resa; 2010-12-11 at 01:38 PM.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Only around 60 FPS in 1680x1050 with a HD5770/GTS450 ??? What the hell I'm always at 55-62 FPS (in 1920x1080) with my old 8800GTS 512Mo ...

Also I agree with drakavin, I don't give a damn about world first, I only care about realm first.

Worlds first: Who doesn't give a fuck about world/realm/server firsts.

Oh, it's me!

As far as DX11, it's definitely given me a noticeable performance improvement. Running an OC'd 5850 (see sig).

AMD needs to step their game up, in all honesty.

I'll be picking up a 570 for Christmas.

Deleted
    nVidia iz ze bezt

Nobody and I mean nobody gives a flying fuck about what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does a Radeon 5600 series card rank in there?

Sorry, idk shit about my graphics cards, just that it's dual Radeon 5600 series(Gonna try and find the actual model right now, will edit if I find it)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    Hey, it's Wotlk all over again...
    almost, except ensidia cleared Naxx on the 3rd day of Wrath release.

But with that aside, most of those top guilds got access to beta and learned the encounters which is why they are as far as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerti View Post
    for those who are going to comment of easy the content is. Those players in these guilds are the Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan, Lionel Messi of WoW....
    Who the fuck is Lionel Messi ROFL?

Considering that WoW is a game from 2004 with some major and minor engine revamps, those cards should be able to push 600fps if so desired, but sadly Blizzard will not put the stress on the GPU but rather occupy the CPU. Granted it would probably need a seriously major render engine overhaul, but then again, it would be about time, considering the game is updated regularly, why not also update the now really old render engine as a whole, not just adding modern features once every expansion.

It would look better (not saying different, but better) and it would certainly run a lot better too. It's not a small project, but then again Blizzard isn't small either.

As for the test, I didn't go to Tom's but 1650x1080 test, don't interest me, as this resolution is dead on desktops, and even notebooks/laptops are going past it really fast. I would also like to see how WoW perfroms on a Radeon with 3 monitors in "eyefinity" at 1920x1200 each, to exchange my aging Matrox TH2G and nvidias 295GTX as it only allows me to push that dreadful 1050 res for a total of 5040x1050, 5760x1200 sounds much better for conformity.