Pets pulling threat off tanks?

Hey guys,
    I haven't personally experienced this since I'm not 85 yet and haven't been running many dungeons, but this came up in guild chat last night from hunters AND from other classes that were pugging with hunters. Is there currently an issue with pets(especially in BM spec) generating too much threat?

Apparently, even with Growl and other-threat generating abilities turned off, hunter pets are stealing aggro from the main tank in 5-man instances(at level 85). The obvious answer would be that the hunter is MD'ing to his pet instead of the main tank(derp), but I've been assured that's not the case. Has anyone else had this problem?

TL;DR: Even if the tank sucks, it seems to me that pets shouldn't be generating that much threat.

That's so strange... I haven't lost threat to a pet in any dungeon thus far, but I'll definitely watch out for that.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

I've only had 1 hunter pet pull threat off me and it was on a mob I was barely touching, Guessing the tank is just bad.

no pet should pull aggro in dungs, hunters should have growl off

Deleted
    I think it can depend a lot on the pet. Some of the non-Basic attacks can cause a large threat. I found at 80, for example, that Core Hounds (and therefore BM) caused far more threat than other pets.

Not much you can do other than checking the Hunter has Growl autocast turned off (and definitely not macroed into any of their buttons) and if it still keeps happening, ask them to switch pets.

Otherwise, as others have said, no pet used in a dungeon, which is almost always a Ferocity or sometimes Cunning pet, should cause any aggro issues.

There are some Tenacity pets which can be pretty annoying in threat, especially in an initial pull and your tank is low in threat for some reason - Bear with its Demo Roar+Thunderstomp and Worm with its Burrow Attack aoe (which is not auto-cast so Hunter would have to be deliberately doing it) come to mind. Some hunters are very tempted to use a Worm due to its fairly strong aoe attack. However, if a Hunter uses a Tenacity pet in a dungeon, you have permission to kick them unless you as a group decided they can offtank or pull for you!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-11 at 06:14 PM.