[Cataclysm] Sahdow Priest Mana Issue

It is pretty non-existent, huh? I love being a Shadow Priest. I'm trying to decide on which glyph to drop though for PVE so that I can have the Mind Flay glyph (either SW or Dispersion, I'm thinking more along the lines of SW).

How is your mana going in 5-mans?
    Last edited by jmachol; 2010-12-11 at 05:57 PM.

Flay death and pain are the glyphs youd be wanting... if you have such insane mana issues your doing something wrong...

Dont try to dot everything upp, just single target shit and if mana is crazy low SwD even at higher lvls to get mana from your talent.
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Deleted
    Its fine if you use your shadowfiend wisely and include Shadow word: Death in your rotation !! no problems here.. (During transition phases use dispersion if needed)

Mindflay, shadow word: pain and shadow word: Death are the prime glyphs im using

Why? SW has been proven to be a minimal addition to our DPS. I VT everything and then focus one target down, refreshing VT when it falls off of the mobs. This works for me. I top DPS and do not run out of mana. Also, did you even read the first sentence?

Deleted
    I wasnt talking about how to max. you dps but how to overcome the mana problem someones having, and by doing this im not having any mana problems at all and Im doing great on the dps meter

Quote Originally Posted by Bakermann View Post
    I wasnt talking about how to max. you dps but how to overcome the mana problem someones having, and by doing this im not having any mana problems at all and Im doing great on the dps meter :)
    He said he wasn't having mana issues. The title was a little misleading (happening a lot recently) but the first thing he says isn't having any mana issues and he wants to up his DPS. The title reads "[Cataclysm] Sahdow Priest Mana Issue" and his first sentence is "It is pretty non-existent, huh?"

I would say drop Dispersion, unless you really like using it a bunch. Glyph of SW:D is fun for some quick burst but it's not all that great (from my experience, I could be wrong) for overall DPS.

EDIT: I forgot a word. I'm so silly.
    Last edited by Jahoota; 2010-12-12 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry my bad!!

But Dispersion for raid pve is a no go imo, you should go with: Mindflay, shadow word: pain and shadow word: Death

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your having mana problems... my answer to you is.

Use Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: Death

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshorty View Post

Use Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: DeathUse Shadow Word: Death
    Add a space if you want to copy paste your answer several times.

OT:
    Mana issues with a shadow priest? Lol, indeed non-existent. As said before, Mind Flay, SW: P and SW: D are the ones you want to go for.
    Last edited by Litryn; 2010-12-12 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshorty View Post

make your healer go omm cause he has to keep you up make sense.........also yea regs are easy no mana issues try some heroic bosses with add switches and youll go oom even with all your mana cd's................priests are very broken and last in mana regen for all mana using classes right now
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2010-12-12 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    I am finding myself with some mana issue every now an then, its starting to look better with some more 5man heroic gear though, but I do sometimes have to use SW: D to get some mana. Especially on prolonged raid fights like Cho'gall I found it to be a problem. By the looks of things however I think when we start to see more purples our mana problems will vanish once again.

And indeed, for pve, glyphs are SW: D, Mind Flay and SW: P

You will have mana issues on Magmaw with mind sear not giving you anything but otherwise it's fine.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'