Question Holy priest needing pointers

So I've been reading left and right, and maybe my english isn't perfect, but I can't figure out what's THE holy spec to heal heroics/raids (to be) in Cata? I've only found lvl80 specs, no full lvl85, and so I'm not 100% what's the usual rotation for trash versus boss fights.

This is me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...preacha/simple

Gear wise I'm getting there, although I've been playing more shadow than heals, hence the lack of healer-specific gear. Spec-wise, I'm sure I can drop Desperate Healing, but all the specs I've seen didn't have Guardian Spirit, so I'm a little perplexed. Oh and last thing, am I supposed to use Inner Will or Inner Fire?

I know some people won't welcome my questions and start bashing me, but please I'm asking for constructive replies, so I can quickly and fully understand what to do. Thanks!

I found my spec while browsing the elitistjerks.com forums

Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    I found my spec while browsing the elitistjerks.com forums
    I've browsed elitistjerks, after reading 3 pages I didn't find a spec, and left with a huge headache. :-S

You could move the point from Desperate Prayer to 1/2 Tome of Light, and another point from State of Mind to 2/2 Tome of Light, because with 1/2 State of Mind you can cast two times during one Charka the Holy Word: Sanctuary, and you dont need the two points because Charka has only 30sec cooldown

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people are dropping GS due to the longer CD.

I myself have been using Inner Will while healing 5m's...you gain much more from the mana reduction than from increased SP and armor at this point.

IMO Inner Fire is now more suited for PVP at least until gear gets much better and regen becomes less of an issue.

Here's my suggested build w/glyphs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcbZfhrrRorkcdoh:aoV0o

You could move a point around here and there depending on play style, but you get the point.
    Last edited by demonek; 2010-12-11 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added spec

Thanks all and moreso demonek, brief yet detailed, you answered all my questions! I'll actually try your suggestion.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bMhMZfuMrRzrkckoh

That's my current spec. Atm, the only truly bad talents in Holy are the GCD reduction on Renew and Surge of Light. I'm pretty sure basically everything else is fair game.

Atm I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with.... Twin Disciplines, Inner Sanctum, and Darkness. Those are the 3 talents I'd like to play around with. I just don't want to lose any more haste atm D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bMhMZfuMrRzrkckoh

That's my current spec. Atm, the only truly bad talents in Holy are the GCD reduction on Renew and Surge of Light. I'm pretty sure basically everything else is fair game.

Atm I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with.... Twin Disciplines, Inner Sanctum, and Darkness. Those are the 3 talents I'd like to play around with. I just don't want to lose any more haste atm D:
    Surge of Light actually isn't too terrible considering you will be spamming Heal most of the time to keep Chakra up and it costs next to no mana...so if you get a free mana less flash heal out of it that's bad?

Besides those differences in opinion in your holy tree, I would probably take the 2 points out of Impoved Sanctum and put them in Veiled Shadows for the 1m cool down on shadow fiend. Spirit of Redemption is pretty much a PVP only talent now as it no longer buffs spirit, that point would be better spent to fill up State of Mind or taking Rapid Renewal which will reduce your GCD on one of your most used spells.

Ok, back from my second healing random, was in REG GB... wiped 6 times, mostly because people DON'T cc or break them, or don't move accordingly to fight mechanisms... and/but also they aren't used to use the LIGHTWELL, which is incredible now, I mean it's night and day when the party use it versus not using it.

I had the minimum item level requirement to heal heroics, but I'm in no way ready for it, or at least it would have to be a guild run + vent + everyone knowing exactly what to do. Sigh... now to get more gear with time... queueing as dps is averaging 42 mins here...

This is the spec I'm rocking: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

Veiled Shadow is worthless since most boss encounters or mob pulls don't take longer than 4 minutes to kill.
    Body and Soul is worthless since Inner Will grants you 10% movement speed, and you'll probably be using Inner Will 90% of the time.

I really haven't had any problems except when I get the occasional person/people in my group that can't CC, move from bad stuff, change targets, or click a lightwell.

LIGHTWELL CAN BE CLICKED WHILE INCAPACITATED OR WHILE CASTING SPELLS ! ! ! NO REASON NOT TO CLICK IT ! ! !
    Last edited by muto; 2010-12-12 at 04:52 AM.