Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile The dumbest mistakes you have made so far in dungeons..

So, I thought I would share one of my dumber mistakes I have made in Cata.

In H-Deadmines, my first time there, my guild and I are fighting the first boss, Glubtok.
    Well, at 50% life he starts to summon a moving firewall.
    The firewall starts moving and I continue to DPS.
    The firewall gets closer to me so I decided to try and jump over it to get to the other side..
    I am successful the first 2 times.. 3rd time I mistime my jump and die.

Next attempt same thing.. I am noticing that no one else is having issues with there jump skills..
    I ask in vent - "How are you guys not getting hit by jumping over the wall.."
    My guild responds - "Uhh.. What??"
    Well.. It dawned at me at that point that you can just circle around with the firewall and not jump it...
    After we down the boss the next go around, I explain what I was doing and now it is has become the new guild joke...

Good times! Feel free to share your dumb moment in Cata dungeons!

I saw a DK pop army of the dead with 5% left on quicksilver-armor boss in BRC heroic. The ghouls kept the boss inside the fire, resulting in a quick wipe...

The worst mistake I've made myself so far is chosing big and slow heal instead of flash heal in order to keep a tank in danger alive. Old WotLK healing habits still inside there...

Worse mistake i've made?

Hmmmmm... thats a hard one. I'm gonna say thinking that I'm killing the purple trogg as the tank while hes right next to the boss... twice XD. Needless to say it was a quick wipe.

To pug.

Off to guild runs i go!

I tried jumping over the fire too... took like 60k damage lol (2 ticks of ~30k ish)... disengaging past it worked fine though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not from me, but a pretty dumb rogue:
    I was tanking VP, marked adds with skull etc and CC targets. Asked the rogue in group to CC the one add, and he said "With what? I only got Blind". At that moment I really felt like dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    doing a random heroic the first chance i got...

Deleted
    Getting hit by the stone the last boss in heroic stonecore throws, dying and wiping the group as tank.

Deleted
    Worst mistake I've made so far ?
    2nd boss in Grim Batol, you know, the one whom you have to kite if he takes the mace. Tank had some problems keeping aggro, I ended up being with 100% threat. Problem was that the boss took the mace a few seconds before, and I don't know why, but I blinked just in front of him.
    Needless to say what happened next

Quote Originally Posted by xcitu View Post
    Not from me, but a pretty dumb rogue:
    I was tanking VP, marked adds with skull etc and CC targets. Asked the rogue in group to CC the one add, and he said "With what? I only got Blind". At that moment I really felt like dying.
    Though I would die a little inside from this, too, we have to remember that many of the Wrathkiddies (good and bad) are not aware of everything their class has to offer. That's more Blizzard's fault than the player's, though.

Dumbest thing I've done so far was to pull a mob thinking it was far enough away from the other group to not bring friends. And we suddenly have 10+ mobs to "play" with. They didn't play gently, either.

"Kill all the puppies."
    All of them?
    "Yeah, all of them."
    Time to die, Runty.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreeing to lvl with a friend...
    I believe I can see the future, cause I repeat the same routine.
    I think I used to have a purpose, but then again that might have been a dream. - Nine Inch Nails

My group was on Ormuk in Stonecore andd while everyone was getting ready, I put my hands into my natural resting place for my keybinds. Well I accidently hit they keybind for Corruption pulling the boss and wiping the groupp. Ooops...

Deleted
    Pugging

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baobot View Post
    Agreeing to lvl with a friend...
    Me and my mate did this, and we got realm 1st and 2nd. Shame we were both DKs and he handed in before me... :/ I have no proof.
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be pugging... I never realised just how many scrubs there are playing wow :P

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    "Kill all the puppies."
    All of them?
    "Yeah, all of them."
    Time to die, Runty.
    HAH!

As for me, I walked my sorry tankass right into a gyser. I saw the blue stuff on the ground, it was cast under a melee dps and outside of where I was. But I wanted to help keep the melee dps on her back, so I backed up a bit. Then for whatever reason I booked it strafing to the right... and got launched.

I think i got scared when I saw shock blast being cast while I was backing her up, my head went "OH CRAP MELEE OUT OF INTERRUPT RANGE" even though they werent.

TL;DR. I ran into the gyser because it looked fun, or something. Yah thats why I did it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking fear was glyphed when it wasn't.

picking my boomkin to level with. hah. the first time we went through BRC in a pug maybe 2-3 hours after Cata release we killed all the core hound pups, then proceeded to wipe on Beauty 3 times. the tank thought he should be able to pull it off, even with the +500% damage and immunity to taunt. got 2 shotted every time.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968