Hi mmo-c community, i've read these forums for ages and after having issues while attempting to install catat, felt that maybe i could gain soem help here.
I'm a "wrath-baby" and only began playing st the start of WotLK, and therefore cataclysm is my first expantion. I've had a break since late-3.3.5, and decided to being playing again in cata, but after putting the disc in, and allowing it to find my already-installed game, it began patching up from 3.3.5, which took a little while with my aweful connection.
After patching to 4.0.1a, instead of just patching to 4.0.3 (and then finally 4.0.3a) it instead is now trying to redownload the entire game (approx 13.4gb)
i was fairly pissed off after a day of slow downloading/patching that it was all in vain, and instead the launcher is starting form scratch.
After playing abuot with things, trying to find a more direct way to 4.0.3a, i tried clicking "install" on the optinos after entering the cata disc, rather than just "play"
This install is gonna take all night, but before i waste a night installing (from scratch again, but at least it doesn't want to download 13gb worth of data beforehand) i want to check that installing WILL indeed bring me up to date, and it's not gonna dump me at some mid-point, where i'll need to go back to where i started, and possibly have to face up the option of redownloading the entire game in one (seriously - 13GB?!)

thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!