Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the end questline of STM. theres no need to bomb fear'd gearless druids!

Zuni dieing in the new troll starting area made me pretty fucking sad for the rest of the day. Then I nuked Stonetalon several hours later and became happy.

Deleted
    Moving Quests?

All time classic, got to me everytime, in a good way: Saving sharpbeak

Urgh. The one in Sholazar where you have to save the dying Oracles getting dragged around by hooks. Seriously. The phrases they say to you when they die are the worst.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

ripgnarl's nightmare in dm heroic :<

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13068

This quest chain in Icecrown nearly brought me to tears by the end. ='(

When Mandokir takes Oghan'aka in STV, and you don't even get a chance to go get her back
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The quest chains associated with Maraudon were actually rather involving - don't know if they are still in the game.
    The flaw with them being Blizzard deciding to make the endboss one gigantic joke. They stand out above the rest in terms of story,imo - just be prepared to be taken completely out of the mood during the boss encounter.

surprised this hasn't been said yet, but the wrathgate quest, the cinematic fills you with pride in a weird way. Not really filled with sorrow, but with pride and anger at the betrayal.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by laizhensil View Post
    Has to be the one in the old Tauren starting zone where you find and feed the young tauren's dog.

Ever wonder why that tauren has a unique voice? It's because he was voiced by a child who was dying of cancer, irl.

Always sent shivers up my spine to hear the voice of a dead child.
    No one doesn't know about that quest. Old news is old.

yeah Dadanga's grave in un'goro made me sad =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTxcHulFBI

Made me realize the darrowshire quests deff qualify.

While I think Bridenbrad is the saddest quest, this is a close second.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Until Death Do Us Part that you took in thunder bluff and ended in the sepulcher usually gets me

When Budd jumped off the boat, I shed a tear.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27896

There are a couple that made me feel terrible pre-Cataclysm, but post-Cataclysm, this one stands out as the one I felt worst about doing while leveling my hunter. I know, she's just a black dragon bitch, she deserves it, she'd kill us all anyway, but it still made me feel terrible considering what Rheastrasza did to her to get her to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance's final few quests in Stonetalon Mountains are just heart wrenching.

I also think the Dk starting area has one of the most powerful quests. its short, but good.

This is the transcripts to the tauren version of the "kill the Argent Dawn prisoner of your race" quest:

this is shortly after you enter the church, and go to your race npc that is chained up against the wall.

Malar Bravehorn says: Come to finish the job, have you?
    Malar Bravehorn says: You'll look me in the eyes when...
    Malar Bravehorn says: <name>?
    Malar Bravehorn says: <name>, I'd recognize those horns anywhere... What have they done to you, <name>?
    Malar Bravehorn says: You don't remember me, do you? Blasted Scourge... They've tried to drain you of everything that made you a righteous force of reckoning. Every last ounce of good... Everything that made you a tauren!
    Malar Bravehorn says: Think, <name>. Think back. Try and remember the rolling plains of Mulgore, where you were born. Remember the splendor of life, <brother>. You were a champion of the tauren once! This isn't you.
    Malar Bravehorn says: Listen to me <name>. You must fight against the Lick King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!

Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <name>?

Malar Bravehorn says: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <name>... Remember Mulgore. This world is worth saving.
    Malar Bravehorn says: Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery!
    Last edited by markuswills; 2010-12-12 at 04:37 AM.

If I had to pick one, it'd be A Special Surprise from the DK starting zone.

The revamped Darkshore quests also had a lot of impact. I've always liked night elves and it was saddening to see them in such a situation.