Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What I saw in heroics and normals ranged from 4-9k singletarget tank n spank.
    for heroics 7-8 is a must Id say with a solid 4-5k tank in solotarget. Its a close one with healer mana if dps are at 7k but for some reason I cant seem to see any real nukers with 10-13k dps.

Because almost no fight Ive seen so far is purely tank n spank and the DDs manage to do 7-8k Id say you could say they are 9-10k on real matters.

I'm doing 11-13k on low-movement fights (without targetswitch or other mechanics) with my DK, and I haven't LFD'd with anyone higher, nor is anyone in my guild higher. Most people aren't even close. I have the advantage of playing DK continually since they were introduced, and their mechanics changed a lot less than a lot of classes did. As a result, I've had a lower learning curve than most others, so I expect myself to be doing about as well as is possible in current gear. My other guildies who are doing well do 9-10k on similar fights, and everything's going smoothly enough (without being easy really) that I assume that's around the performance the dungeons are tuned for. I'm seeing LFD dps doing more like 7-8k on average, I'd guess. Even that seems to be.....sufficient, if the healer knows what s/he is doing and those DPS are also performing mechanics like avoiding damage, CC, and interrupts. I've gone with folks doing 7k that weren't "doing it right" and we struggled a lot more than we did with people doing 7k but that were playing smart.

So, 7-8k if they're playing well, seems to be getting it done. I'd expect to need around 10k for raids to be successful (guild hasn't got enough 85's yet to try it), and 11-13k or so to be pretty damn good. Above 13k and you're either extremely good or your class needs nerfed Just kidding, of course. Grats to anyone doing above 13k on a fight lasting more than 1 minute currently, I have yet to see anyone else perform that well.

Of course, on fights with complicated mechanics I'm only managing 8k while doing all the dances. I'd expect that you're going to need to adjust your sights a little. I've found "playing well" to be just as valuable as "doing mad damage" so far. Except on straight gear-cockblock fights, I expect that we need to go back to asking ourselves "did anyone fuck this fight up" rather than "lol low dps is bad".

Even in recent memory, lets not forget fights like Heigan the Unclean, in which one of your mages was too busy clearing curses to do any real damage, but his contribution was just as important as all the people rocking the boss. Both damage and performance matter, but I understand that Wrath kind of taught us all to forget that.

Ok as a feral tank I do averagly 5-6k In HEROICS most dps do 8-10k lower than that is just shit. Averagly 9k now GOOD feral dps and DK's do around 10-12k IDK how people are saying there doing 16k on boss fight I call BS. My friend I.E. on Detheroc plays a survival hunter and did 16k(Might have been slightly higher or lower) and scored a parse of top hunter and second dps in world I honestly doult people are doing 14-16k Maybe there talking in the first 10 seconds lawl. I mean he spiked to 34k in the first 30 second with CD's up but its compelte BS if your doing 16k in heroics there is no way and you just lieing or just show parses please.

ive found 7-12k to be the average. depending on class. Hunters and rogues seem to be a bit behind, paladins just above them and then we got all casters and dks/fury warriors.

Deleted
    DPS should hover around 8k+ on trash including tank, and around 10k+ on bosses.
    My highest dps on boss so far is 16k as elemental with pet out and bloodlust. I'm usually around 13k.

But if the group pulls an average of 10k dps most fights will be easy. (some will need higher dps)

Deleted
    From a shadowpriest's point of view.

As a shadowpriest I'm usually hovering around 10k dps right now, it was much lower before I got the hit cap of course which takes a while to get.

Considering the fact that some classes have to help the healer a great deal (at least in most of my groups I do) that nerfs dps quite a bit. I have to stop to use my hymns often and make sure I Mind blast even without 3 stacks to get replenishment up and I have to use Death often even above 25% to keep my mana stable. Other than that I have to pop the occasional heal or shield, cure diseases or fear / disarm to get through tricky parts which also lowers dps greatly most of the time.

10k dps should be in it for every class with 333+ ilvl.

I do about 12-13k on good fights and about 10k on other fights. SV Hunter here. Ofc it really depends on what fight etc. But 10k is a good number to aim for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    As a level 85 tank with greens & blues (330 ilvl) I'm doing 9-12k - I'm not sure why DPS are having such a hard time in dungeons.
    you have to tell me how you do that on bosses.. O.o I get 10-15k on groups of 5 when my vengeance stacks up to 8-10k (still 4k to go).
    No bosses get me nearly up to the vengeance needed to do that kind of single target dmg. I even see my vengeance fall off on some bosses or not stack in the first place (caster bosses mostly). Im a warrior with tankgear of 334 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    you have to tell me how you do that on bosses.. O.o I get 10-15k on groups of 5 when my vengeance stacks up to 8-10k (still 4k to go).
    No bosses get me nearly up to the vengeance needed to do that kind of single target dmg. I even see my vengeance fall off on some bosses or not stack in the first place (caster bosses mostly). Im a warrior with tankgear of 334 ilvl
    He's exaggerating. clearly. I'd bet on one of the following: A) He hit 10k on a trashpack once, and like many Wrath players, thinks that means he does 10k dps, or B) He's still 80, and assumes that if he's doing 4k now, he'll be doing LOLTWICETHATAT85.

We have a paladin tank in the guild that jumps up to 10k _occasionally_ on a trash pack, if the dps burns it down in 3 seconds because it's one of those weaker trash packs. But it's only because he hammered them once and then they died, which isn't dps, nor is it relevant. This particular tank is pretty good, and he's usually at around 5-6k on a fight where his vengeance stacks up good.

Remember that some people feel a need to exaggerate their dps. You don't remember all the people on this board within the last year, claiming to be doing more DPS than the current record holders, who when asked to prove it just said "LOL IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT MUCH YOU'RE SUPER BAD" Don't take them seriously, and don't use them as a gauge of your performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadanzi View Post
    In heroics while interrupting, CCing and avoiding all possible avoidable damage, most dps in my guild do over 8k. I've been in heroic pugs with people doing 3k dps which just doesn't cut it at all, they weren't even CCing.
    3k in hero is wipe for sure.
    Minimum is 5-6k. However you would have to work hard to clear heroic with 'em.
    Last edited by valiorik; 2010-12-13 at 01:44 PM.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    DPS should hover around 8k+ on trash including tank, and around 10k+ on bosses.
    My highest dps on boss so far is 16k as elemental with pet out and bloodlust. I'm usually around 13k.

But if the group pulls an average of 10k dps most fights will be easy. (some will need higher dps)
    Do tell what boss this was? Was this Vortex? What is Normal or heroic? Because if it was heroic and not Vortex I call BS. SS plox

I haven't done any heroics yet but my highest dps in a tank & spank fight as a ret Paly with no heroic equipment was 12k. So I guess about 10k dps should do the job, depending on tank (and dd) damage avoidance and healer mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anywhere from 9 to 14k depending on the fight in my current 332 gear.

as TANK im doing 5k (rage starving ) to 10k (full rage most of time).

dps shall do 8k with 329
    about 10~~12k with some heroic gear
    OFC got enchants/gems etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    Do tell what boss this was? Was this Vortex? What is Normal or heroic? Because if it was heroic and not Vortex I call BS. SS plox
    Commander Springvale SFK Heroic. Granted that fight has adds which soaks some chain lightenings and firenovas from the elemental. And i would i SS some recount score? That's not even amazing dps.

14-16k is pretty average for the group i been running with on boss fights.

How many tank and spank fights are there anyway?

I play feral dps, with cc, offhealing, innervates, general group survival procedures, i do 10-13k on boss, and 10-16k on packs (cuz of greater variety of things that may happen). Ive seen people doing anywhere between 3-16k dps and im calling bad the ones that are under 8k.

10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priest with 341 average ilvl, hitcapped for hc's and i'm at 7-9K when im not mind controlling.

please note that the average dps your doing is not dps with BL effects or boss fights with damage increasing effects.

At 84 with ilvl 302, no enchants, no gems, half green quest gear I pull about 7K sustained single target as a Shadow Priest. I am far from the best DPS player (normally I heal) and shadow is not the strongest DPS spec either.

I think the problem is that your average pug DPS is really bad. They simply have zero concept of appropriate gearing, nor even a halfass optimal DPS priority flow/rotation. Every random I heal I for always get people (often more then 1) doing sub 4K. It's atrocious. I strongly suspect that because DPS has no little to no responsibility and can be carried by a solid healer/tank so it is the only option for these players.

At least I get good practice on my sustained heal output.... :I