Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    T the moment as a retri paladin ilvl 326 im doing like 8k dps on trash and abit over 7k at bosses. Think I have 2 items of protection on me, because my main spec is prot. But still think its too low.

I am a demo lock, with an item level of 342 (have mostly 333 items with some 346 and a 359). In my guild heroic runs, I can usually push out between 12.5-14k on any tank and spank fight. Gemmed/enchanted gear really does help, and the ability to adapt to class/rotation changes. In my guild, there are three dps that are insanely close; me, SV hunter and Balance druid. I don't know exactly the general state of mages and pallys at the moment but ours seem to be struggling due to mana management and generally low dps respectively. Our feral druid and rogue are doing good as well, 10k + on most fights.

Generally though 10k+ should be enough from each dps. Healer mana is tight. Personally though I feel the balance is still not quite right, and probably won't be until people get fully 359 geared. Hit rating for example, is scaling very different for each class. I don't seem to lose much being under hit capped compared to other classes for example.

Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    Do tell what boss this was? Was this Vortex? What is Normal or heroic? Because if it was heroic and not Vortex I call BS. SS plox

I've done 16k+ on 5 man bosses (Frost DK). It requires Lust, competent other DPS(So the fight time is short) and a decent set of buffs, but it's certainly possible on a pure tank and spank, non-AoE fight. (Though wildly unlikely in a random PUG, I did it in a guild group)

Deleted
    I do around 8-9K dps (average ilvl324) at lvl 85 on a normal dungeon without popping my own CD's.
    But if I pop my CD's then it doesn't go up nor down much.

Deleted
    I'm doing 8-10k as frost in Heroics I never run out of mana either

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an iLvl on 333 with no enchants and uncommen gems, I would say you should be able to pull off somwhere in range of 9-12k, depending on fight and circumstances.

Obviously the best way to save your healers mana is to avoid all the random shit flying around.
    Last edited by Garnik; 2010-12-15 at 10:48 AM.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

DPS are causing alot of the mana issues healers are describing, at least thats what i think from my observations.

Ive done normals at 85 with the group pulling barely 10k between the tank and dps (without BL etc), and that is a problem for sure, even if they know strats etc it is bad.. YOUR HEALER will hit mana issues, you will struggle to kill bosses, if you do take the boss down, thank your healer for carrying you.

In hcs (done 4-5 so far completed), i would say i have been much luckier. overall dungeon dps seems to be around 7-10k dps per dps and 4-7k dps per tank. On the low side this means combined 25k dps and the dungeon is still doable, providing they know what they are doing...on the higher side they have been relatively easy (30k dps +).

As a side note, at 85 i tried kitty form dps in dungeon for first time and i was hitting 6k in greens and a couple of quest blues.. so anything less than 6k dps is gimping the run..if you got others making up for it, and they all seem to know tactics, and dungeon is going ok, fair enough..if not i think you need to politely inform them that they are gimping the run and then initiate a kick. If they are not cutting it, be honest, tell them they need to work on their gear..if they listen fair play..if they dont, meh.

As an elemental shaman I am doing about 7,5k dps overall in heroics in ilvl330 average. The thing is: I'm constantly hexing, bind elementals, kite with frost shock, interrupting spells on casters, etc - that lowers the dps somewhat and I love it.
    On boss fights (depends ofc) I did between 9k dps and 51k (Tides )

~8k should be possible.

Deleted
    As an enhancement shaman, i pulled 7K avg on normal bosses as a lvl 81, with a peak to 8.5K once.
    My gear mostly consist of scrapted together ToC/ICC gear (not higher then 251) and it has been upgraded with a few quest items from Hyjal.
    Further i got 2 Blacksmith crafted axes of lvl 316.

As far of my knowledge from the enhancement class goes, im doing pretty wel i think.

Deleted
    I am usually around 10k. Movement fights I still get 8k-9k. With all my cooldowns I get to 12k. I only raided Argaloth till now and I was on 12.1k this was on my ret paladin with iLvl 331 gear. But tbh my sword kinda sux atm only iLvl316 and Ret paladins have a lot of there abilities based of weapon damage, so if I upgrade that one I will probaly go higher with a big chunk.

over NINEEEETHHHOOOUUSSSAAANNNDDDD dps

everything below is just slack or l2p issue

10+ Year Old Account
    running heroics with some guildies Rogue and frost DK there running any where between 12k and 16k dps bepending on the fight niether of them have above 335ilvl.
    I've also seen a hunter do 21k Burst ofc but finished the encounter with 18k dps so it all depends on the encounter but should defo be doing above 10k with my experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Oh i'm not topping people off i gladly let them sit there with 40k hp and don't heal them unless they take more damage. Some fights I let the tank drop to 50% hp just so I have time to regen some mana.

---------- Post added 2010-12-12 at 10:46 AM ----------

Yes but a arcane mage should be doing more than 5k dps right?
    Not healing the tank till below 50% is fine and all but not for the reason you mentioned, to prevent over healing yes it is good, but as far as your being use to the 5 second rule that rule no longer applies, they flat out changed it from the 5 second rule to a in combat/ out of combat regin rates, no more "wait 5 seconds between casts to get your non casting regin", they changed away from the 5 second rule in 4.0.1

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what i've seen on some of the dps race fights, having a good solid 40 k dps (groupwide obviously, including tank) just make everything tons eaiser!

Take Springvale, Ashbury, Steelbender and too some extent Ozruk as examples, kill em quickly enough and theyre mechanics become much more manageble

Springvale in my last pug was quite simply undoable with two dps only managing 6 k, pug before that we where all at a nice 12 k, he died with no problems of any kind.

it has several depencys, with a stat/gear management, skill is the engine of it but if a player with the optimize stats with decent knowledge of its class, i see arround ilvl 329~333 doing 10k to 12k in straight forward encouters and arround 7k~8k on encouters that requirers a bit of break point of your rotation this happens in alot of moving mechanics or fights, and most likely who loses this momentum are the melees aka dropping out the boss to go after an add or something like it, thus why i always advice no matter if you have more then 1 melee make sure to always have 1 melee on boss, grim batol last boss is an example of this where all dps loses its focus on boss to go for adds, and on a higher average ilvl 346 i see the numers going arround 14-18k

Not sure if this has been said yet so I will say it.

Yes as your questing you will be pulling higher "DPS" at lower levels if you did any raiding etc before cata was released. However you must remember that your crit/hit will drop by a large margin by the time you hit 85. First off, as with every expansion you need to push your hit back up to hitcap (not hitting mob/boss X = large reduction in "DPS")

Also one other thing to consider is you can take a lower dps group into any instance and beat down bosses but the player that are lower (due to hit/crit reductions) need to move like Bruce lee and never get hit by retarded stuff.

Good Luck

BTW for the easy button to become active i would say you would want your DPS to be in the 9k+ range and also good at moving There isnt such thing as a pure tank and spank anymore. As I detailed yesterday each boss these days has more then on mechanic to worry about now and some DPS may be lacking due to overobservation/anticipation of mechanics

Deleted
    Between 8-12k does it

Id say around 10k or so is good dps for the heroics.

Well as a dk, which are insanely OP right now, I pulled 17.9k on Lockmaw in Hc Tol'Vir. That boss is probably the easiest boss out of all the heroics imo ;P. But on a normal boss, 12k+. I have one 359, 6 346, a 333, and a bunch of 318 greens.