Poll: Blizzard responses in their forums are often annoying

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question Does Blizzard's attitude and forum responses annoy you?

Not supposed to be a troll or flame post, although I can see it inevitably becoming one.

I am personally annoyed by Blizzard locking threads in the official forum, prevent petition threads, and give responses like http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-scenes#post21

Does it bother you too, or not?

Again - my interest is purely statistical.

Mod Edit: In case anyone was wondering what that specific reference was that Bashiok makes, Devlin explains it here.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-14 at 05:56 AM.

Hahaha, " Especially Bashiok"

He's actually my favorite. ^.^

U mad bro?

Read the Forum Guidelines section 7, Spamming and Trolling. Meme spam is prohibited. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-14 at 01:51 AM.

Yeah I completely understand your statement and lately some Blizzard posters have just gone in threads without even answering them. I don't read the Code of Conduct or anything but isn't something like that against their forum policies? Not contributing to a thread constructively? I could be completely off on this for all I know but it does seem a little lame. Not saying that have to be professional customer service employees but still, at least answer the OP's question.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyShifts View Post
    U mad bro?
    Says the keyboard turner...

0.5 / 10 troll harder.

Don't respond to meme spam, report it instead. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-14 at 01:52 AM.
    Gnome Pride!

Honestly? I'm much more annoyed by the crying that people keep indulging in (Deepholm and Twilight Highlands has too many nodes, wahhhhhhhhhh)....

Seriously, people in this game will bitch and moan about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think their funny, they basically say stfu to people who QQ in an intelligent way that is witty :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

I think it's fine. I like that they have a good time and actually engage with the community instead of acting like customer service reps from most companies and being professional to the point of being robotic.

They might not always agree with you and they might not always have the answer you're looking for, but at least they're engaged.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

They might not always agree with you and they might not always have the answer you're looking for, but at least they're engaged.
    yes, this. ^^^

Read the Forum Guidelines section 7, Spamming and Trolling. "This" posts are prohibited, especially ones specifically abusing the 10 character limit invented to help reduce them. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-14 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petitions are against their forum rules, period. Part of their job is to enforce those rules.

As an aside, if your interest was actually purely statistical you wouldn't have made such a biased poll.

blizzard posted a bit ago that every time they post in a thread.. it gets derailed...

Maybe blizzard is teaching the community a lesson?

Especially the mentioned thread was so extremely stupid, that the only honest reason to lock it would have contained some minor insults.

So I totally agree with

i think their funny, they basically say stfu to people who QQ in an intelligent way that is witty :P

if you want they can be direct and tell you to shut up and stop ur annoying and useless qq

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Blizz to not be 100% serious, 100% of the time.

Makes them seem more like people who give half a shit than robots who couldn't care less. Even if those humans who give half a shit only actually give half the shit. Then they have personality.

And I hate people who have no personality, and no sense of humor.

hmm, I can see how his lack of professionalism comes off rude, childish, maybe even condescending. It doesn't really bug me since I never read the Blizzard forums. It does seem like hes just sinking to the same level as the people who are trolling/QQ'ing in the first place.

It's their forums. they can do what they want with it. if someone has a problem they dont have to use them.

I'd much rather they give responses like these instead of cookie cutter responses.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reply you referred to in the OP is indeed pretty ridiculous. I think the problem I have and I am sure some others have is that there are countless threads in the forums that require some blue input. Whether it be simply validation that they acknowledge an issue or what have you and I see those types of replies as wastes of both my time and theirs.

However, most of the time I am happy to see them have a bit of fun. Reading those forums there are countless threads where you just want to bang your head on the table and after reading all of them I am sure they crack and when they do, they do it in a humorous way...most of the time.

In the end what would you prefer, mods that can have a joke or mods that are flat out robotic nazi's.

If it was my job dealing with the filth on the forums, I'd be getting pretty snarky myself.

I've stopped visiting the official forums because I don't need to be subjected to the asshats. I bet they wish they had my luxury.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know whats worse between Blizz Mods and MMO Mods :P

As you can see, the ":P" denotes joking.

Wut jowk meen? I shud ban uuuuu ='[
    =D ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-14 at 03:59 AM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

If you'd bothered to look at the thread you linked, you would see that the Blue poster was not 'responding' to anything, and simply locking the thread - I don't think a serious post was required.
    Especially based on the other commenters in that thread pointing out that the OP was a serial whiner.

You don't seem biased at all...