Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Hmm so "Defending the rift" is sitll impossible for Horde as no hotfix deployed yet.
    It is possible to complete that, but just after numerous tries and failed attempts..

Seems like the submarine script breaks when there are multiple passengers in the sub.

When I finally completed this quest I used the scope on the sides. After that, the NPCs started talking. When the fight was over, Nazgrim despawned and the fight started again as if nothing ever happened. I swam back to the cavern and then returned to the rift. Suddenly Nazgrim was there and I could complete the quest. You may also try this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leean View Post
    I used the scope on the sides.
    Wha scope?

I thought too that spawning another player in the submarine makes the NPC despawn but yesterday i tried all alone with no player in the submarine and they still despawn and i'm getting the breath bar.

Speaking of tagging mobs, I like that you can now get quest credit for killing a mob as long as you damage it even if someone else has tagged him.

While I can see it being abused by some players, it has made leveling up through heavily populated zones much more tolerable.

Deleted
    Heh, Athene ain't bulgarian, he is from belgium. ^^

Anyway, Tol Barad is kind of... boring. Wintergrasp was just annoying but doing it again here in Cata just shows how much Blizzard is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    Yeah, and the small guilds are getting screwed over. Boo!
    How small is your guild? My guild of 15 or so active players is having no trouble leveling, even with these changes. We're hitting 80-90% experience earned most days (not maxing, but still, pretty reasonable).

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    How small is your guild? My guild of 15 or so active players is having no trouble leveling, even with these changes. We're hitting 80-90% experience earned most days (not maxing, but still, pretty reasonable).
    Congrats on missing the point. After each one of you hits 85 the guild leveling slows down to a complete crawl. You would need the equivalent XP from leveling 80-85 and keep that leveling pace for around 130 days to hit the theoretical cap.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2010-12-14 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    It is bugged? That might explain how I can do the entire Vashj'ir zone and barely crack friendly with the Earthen Ring while I can go to Hyjal and I'm honored after doing a handful of quests. I just thought the Earthen Ring were uptight, snobby jerks who didn't appreciate my work.
    I am pretty sure it is not bugged. Because you also get tons of Earthen Ring rep in Deepholm. I think, since Vashj'ir is some Earthen Ring and some of your faction, there is not much Rep. But once you get to Deepholm then you will be easily into Honored with the Earthen Ring. That is where their rep really comes from. I think the Vashj'ir Earthen Ring rep is working as expected.

Good to see that they hotfixed some random warlock bugs but let the biggest bug, the soulburn one, in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vezajin View Post
    Well mate, there's only minority of WoW gamers who buy the game on the day, remember it's Xmas time so a lot of players wants it for Xmas instead of buying it themselves. But I would still say that 3.3 million people who bought the game within 24 hours is quite an achievement because then one can only wonder how many then bought it within it's first week.
    This is very true. While me and the girlie got the game launch day, the kiddo isn't getting it till Xmas morning via the box copy.

Deleted
    Why 'arena' season. We got rated BG's now as well u know.

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00 View Post
    I am pretty sure it is not bugged. Because you also get tons of Earthen Ring rep in Deepholm. I think, since Vashj'ir is some Earthen Ring and some of your faction, there is not much Rep. But once you get to Deepholm then you will be easily into Honored with the Earthen Ring. That is where their rep really comes from. I think the Vashj'ir Earthen Ring rep is working as expected.
    this isn't true. Some character get to Revered while questing through Vash, some barely to friendly. I believe it is also only a horde issue, and also related to guild rep or exp.

There have been numerous threads about it on the forums. I wish Blizzard would just acknowledge it. I stopped questing in Vash at about 50/150 (510 neutral). My concern is that they won't be able to retro the rep, and I won't be able to get to friendly and by the tabard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Athene joke is hilarious. Long live Athene!!!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "the daily blink-Is WoW a Race?" !!!! FINALY someone thinks that same as I do!!!! OMG!!! i swear.
    WOW is not ment to be a race.
    Last edited by Shawnacee; 2010-12-14 at 03:45 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    Athene is crap- sorry but anyone who needs to use others to acheive world first 85 is garbage. Im not calling for a ban, Im not saying it was cheating, Im just saying its crap and I dont hold it in high regard at all. Not much of an acheivement. Sorry
    I totally agree. Who cares? He exploited his way to 85... big deal. I just can't wait til next expansion when he does it again, and I'll care even less. NEXT!

I never understand why people compete for server firsts for 85. It gets you a Feat-of-Strength achievement and that is it. Outside from a handful of people, nobody will care next week, let alone when we are all well in to the expansion. I'd understand if they had titles for realm first 85s like Blizzard thought about at one time.

Grats to Athene, but as others have said, his world first had far more to do with him having apparently amazing friends that would do that for him ( I wouldn't help my own mother level to 85 if I was still 80) than any skill on his part. But he did his research, so that's something.

And seriously, are poelpe still QQing about portals. As far as I know there is a portal to and from every single new zone. There's the ring that ports you to Dalaran, there is the tabard that ports you to Argent Tournament, and there are boots (gl fishing derby) that port you to Booty Bay. There is no need for portals anymore. Flying from SW bank to portal area..... 10-15 seconds. Flying from the farthest edge of say Deepholm to the center, maybe 30 seconds. Oh no! I honestly haven't seen a portal in Vash'jir or Hyjal yet becuase I haven't really looked, but I assume they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    Grats to Athene, but as others have said, his world first had far more to do with him having apparently amazing friends that would do that for him ( I wouldn't help my own mother level to 85 if I was still 80) than any skill on his part. But he did his research, so that's something.

And seriously, are poelpe still QQing about portals. As far as I know there is a portal to and from every single new zone. There's the ring that ports you to Dalaran, there is the tabard that ports you to Argent Tournament, and there are boots (gl fishing derby) that port you to Booty Bay. There is no need for portals anymore. Flying from SW bank to portal area..... 10-15 seconds. Flying from the farthest edge of say Deepholm to the center, maybe 30 seconds. Oh no! I honestly haven't seen a portal in Vash'jir or Hyjal yet becuase I haven't really looked, but I assume they are there.
    I did the entire Vashj'ir zone on two characters now and I have never seen a portal back to Orgrimmar. The same goes for Hyjal and Uldum. The only two zones with portals back to Orgrimmar/Stormwind are Deepholme and Twilight Highlands as far as I know.

Hyjal isn't bad for Horde, as it is a short flight to and from Orgrimmar. I know this because the Hyjal portal is bugged for Horde and we don't get the Org->Hyjal portal until we get the Twilight Highlands portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    well actually those sales figures aren't that impressive when you look at percentages vs raw numbers...despite having somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million more subscribers at the launch of Cata as opposed to the launch of wrath they only sold 1/2 million more copies of the game which means a greater % of the player base didn't upgrade their accounts (which is never a good thing). Those numbers also raise questions into how blizzard counts subscribers because I'm a little hard pressed to believe that 2/3 of active subscribers (I'm reducing that from 75% to 66 % to account for the fact China doesn't have Cata) are still playing Wrath.
    Agree with the others, these are day 1 sales, not total sales. Last week and this week are finals for many universities, as well as everyone who will be getting the game for Christmas. Wait for the sales figures at the beginning of next year, and i'm betting it will be far greater.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the daily blink was incredible today. So funny. "working collectively to become the world's strongest man"...priceless.

How about Blizz does it's job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    It's not their fault, It's the fault of Beta players who thought getting beta key is like getting free x-pac to play before rest of other do. These were suppose to report how Tol-Barad is completely broken and unbalanced rather than screwing around.
    And no I'm not saying that because I'm crying because I didn't got Beta key like rest.
    Blizz seems to depend upon unpaid beta testers to do their QA... Because, like it all the other bullsh!t they pull, they know the userbase tolerates it.

There is no reason why new content, patches, etc., couldn't be properly tested. Out in the real world, there are very mature methodologies for testing massive real-time systems... And WoW is just another one of those. Of course, in the real world when scheduled maintenance that was supposed to end at 11AM gets pushed back hour-by-hour to 5PM the the people responsible don't get to put up a "thank you for your patience" message... They get fired. Within Blizzard, there's every reason to believe that the bean-counters have decided that it's more profitable to annoy players than pay what it would cost to properly test. And you can't fire QA staff that doesn't exist, can you?

Actually, given the environment they deal with, I think the Blizz staff does as well as could be expected. It's just like so many other large corporations that are ruled by the short-term bottom-line thinking of bean-counters and lawyers... you have a bunch of not-very-well-paid, not-particularly-bright, not-effectively-motivated folks, muddling along in bureaucratically-enforced mediocrity.