Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best way to farm Volatile Earth?

I'm a bit puzzled about these Volatile Earth. On wowhead it says they should have a droprate of 10-20% from mining noded (10% from normal and 20% from rich nodes), but I rarely get any - not nearly enough for skilling my last points in engineering.

I get many more Fire and Air and sometimes a Water, but the Earth seems to dodge me.

What's the best way to farm Volatile Earth?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Cheers

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

By the time I got enough elementium ore to reach 525 in engineering, I had oly collected two thirds of the volatile earth I needed : friends & AH are the only solution here. In today's hotfixes, the droprate of volatile life has been increased through herbalism, hopefully volatile earth will follow... Glad they're not needed for Truegold !

10+ Year Old Account
    theres tons of earth elementals in the hyjal starting region (nordrassil) with a fast respawn rate. It seems to be the only way to farm the earth relatively quick.

Look for elementals you can mine the corpses of, like in Twilight Highlands. People need them for a quest and they respawn fast, so the area is generally littered with corpses.

You can also prospect pyrite ore, if you have a jewelcrafter.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Thanks a lot xandamere - farmed 35 Volatile Earth from the elementals in the northern part of Twilight Highlands. When mining them some of them even dropped 2 x Earth.

Capped engineering and got my helm. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    theres tons of earth elementals in the hyjal starting region (nordrassil) with a fast respawn rate. It seems to be the only way to farm the earth relatively quick.
    No, they seem to have nerfed it. I just spent 2 hours there and got exactly ONE volatile earth.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba View Post
    Thanks a lot xandamere - farmed 35 Volatile Earth from the elementals in the northern part of Twilight Highlands. When mining them some of them even dropped 2 x Earth.

Capped engineering and got my helm. :-)
    This is now nerfed too. Does anyone have any CURRENT information on where to farm volatile earth ?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did hotfix it a while ago. Best way for any volatile imo is through alchemy transmutation I finally setup my 3rd alt in this manner and I get whatever volatile I want this way on a daily basis. Sadly doing the random txmute was yieding me way to many volatle earths, I had about 75. Now I planted an alt in Uldum for volatile air, Hyjal for fire and my mage is in Org just doing random xmutes.

All you need is a lvl 75 alt to max out alchemy. Two of mine are just that, 75.....I hate lvling alts even with boa gear but this setup will pay off throughout the entire expansion.

I get all mine from mining. And I'm choking on it. The problem I find is getting Volatile Air and Fire!

I fish up fire in Hyjal. It's about 4~ per pool of fire. ^^

transmuting worked fastest for me i had engi 525 in no time
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

Deleted
    Prospect elementium. ~4 volatile per stack + gems

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    Prospect elementium. ~4 volatile per stack + gems
    He means Pyrite..but its not a cost effective method usually. Farming usually means aquiring without buying too, so having to buy the pyrite is probably no good to you.

transmuting worked fastest for me i had engi 525 in no time (realmfirst)
    Last edited by nhomizz; 2011-01-27 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by narutoboi97 View Post
    lol players say hon sucks
    hon players say lol sucks
    they are both right
    dota is KING!

Deleted
    I needed 25 for my LW belt, went to Hyjal earth elementals and killed them over and over.

Got my 25 in about 40-45 mins, definitely a valid farming method.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanorae View Post
    No, they seem to have nerfed it. I just spent 2 hours there and got exactly ONE volatile earth.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 06:43 PM ----------

This is now nerfed too. Does anyone have any CURRENT information on where to farm volatile earth ?
    Got about 20 in 30 minutes at the Hyjal starting area. It's heavily farmed, but I was mostly just mining the corpses piling up, with occasional kills.

Nordrassil not bad for the patient

Quote Originally Posted by Oort View Post
    Got about 20 in 30 minutes at the Hyjal starting area. It's heavily farmed, but I was mostly just mining the corpses piling up, with occasional kills.
    I spent about 2 1/2 hours and got 25 (non-miner). Best is to just work back and forth with the elementals right at the front of the main hall for Nordrassil. They respawn sometimes before you've looted the last one. If the respawn slows down, there are a dozen or so across the road. Those are scattered out a bit.

Drops tend to be 2x, with some 1x. They do not come frequently, but if you're low on gold....

I'm guessing your a miner. If your mining and getting fire and air, great! They sell for much more then earths. Just sell the fire and airs and buy earths for the amount you sold, probably 2 or 3 per each other. Just because you are not looting them, doesn't mean you can't get them without loading money.

Another thing that I do. I have two herbalists, and I use their living elements transmute CD on CD, I tend to get earths a bunch : /

One place to farm them is by killing and mining the elementals outside of the Mount Hyjal starting inn. These elementals dropd volatile earths themselves and have a chance to produce volatile earth when mined by a miner. The best days to go farming there are on the days that Elemental Goo is the jewelcrafting daily. There will be countless corpses to mine in addition to the elementals that you can kill and mine too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isendims View Post
    Another thing that I do. I have two herbalists, and I use their living elements transmute CD on CD, I tend to get earths a bunch : /
    You meant alchemists, right? Herbalists don't have such a CD. If you're having trouble getting earths a bunch, why don't you do the transmute in Uldum so you get some air? Unless of course you are talking about being transmute specced and proccing bonus earth, which you're just SOL.

Fire = Fishing (skill 1?!? is that right?) lavapools, Mt Hyjal + Twilight Highlands
    Water = Fishing Cataclysm pools or Water Elementals in Twilight Highlands
    Air = Vortex Pinnacle, either Heroic or normal; I typically find 3 to 10+ in each ~30 minute run. Air elementals in Uldum or Twilight Highlands may be faster, but it doesn't give a chance for the dragon mount =)
    Earth = Worm-elementals in Deepholme, or the rock elementals (as people have mentioned) of Twilight Highlands or Mt Hyjal
    Life = Uldum w/Whiptail (depending on the phase you're in), or again, Twilight Highlands

I'm still trying to find a decent source of herb'ing "moss" type plants. Deepholme has some, but they rarely yield herbs.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.