The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

[BIO] Zutheraku "Zul'theri" of the Realmbreaker Tribe

Name: Zutheraku
    Race: Nether Dragon
    Class: Mage/Witch Doctor

Personality: Zutheraku never had any love for mortal races. While he didn't depise them he rarely wanted anything to do with them. However, when he learned of Deathwing's return and the destruction he wrought Zutheraku, to his own surprise, felt a sting of guilt since he had never been with the mortals. After this event he befriended a dwarf and this made him grow closer to mortals. When the dwarf disappeared (he didn't die) Zutheraku decided to travel to Azeroth and do what he could to help the mortals.

He's friendly to his allies and likes conversations. His personality is very cool and chill, but he's also very serious about his business and likes to party and explore the unbroken world. To his enemies, however, he is a fearsome opponent and a Dragon/Troll that not many would like to face on the battlefield. During battles his draconic heritage comes forth and he crushes his enemies with a great strategic mind and brute force.

As said he acts cool and chill most of the time, but he has a short temper and when he does explode you better get the hell out of his way.

Likes/Dislikes: Zutheraku likes food and party, but he does also like thinking up new strategies about how to counter the Black dragonflight and the Twilight's Hammer clan uprising in his new homelands.

While Zutheraku respects all living things he has a certain dislike to his ancestors, the Black dragonflight, and their followers, the Twilight's Hammer clan. Also, although he sees them as strong allies during his fight with the evil in the Twilight Highlands he doesn't like elves, neither blood, high or night.

Appearance: While in his true form, Zutheraku looks like a deep purple nether dragon that carries a lot of Dark Troll artifacts around his neck and on his back, revealing his alliance with the Realmbreaker Tribe. His wings are big and torn, and on his chest hangs the banner of the Realmbreakers, depicting a dragonic Loa. His face is also painted black with white stripes. He, like other Netherwing dragons, does also have a "phasing" look to him.

In his Dark Troll form his skin is still of a dark purple and he stands taller than other dark trolls. His head carries a big, red moehawk and like his dragon form his troll form is equipped with troll artifacts around his neck. On his back he carries the Realmbreaker banner, and he is clothed in wooden armor. Like his dragon form his face is painted black with white stripes.

Strengths/Weaknesses: His draconic heritage gives him a great advantage above his enemies. He is also very cunning and a great strategist, giving him and his allies advantage. However, as mentioned he has a short temper and can get carried away, and his lack of knowledge of this new world has also lead to some defeats.

History: Zutheraku was one of the sons of Neltharaku. Growing up in the harsh lands of Shadowmoon Valley, Zutheraku quickly learned to dislike the fel orcs, demons and blood elves that tainted the lands that he and his kind called their home. Until the Dark Portal reopened Zutheraku's life was very boring and not much happened until his kind was captured by the Dargonmaw clan. Zutheraku was assigned to a very abusive orc named Gattorg. After three months of hard work Gattorg was finally killed by the dwarf Aedan Thunderforge.

Aedan and Zutheraku quickly bonded, and Aedan teched Zutheraku of many of the mortal races' cultures, causing Zutheraku to feel closer to them, he didn't dislike them as much. However, after some time Aedan was assigned to go to Northrend After two years without hearing anything from his old friend Zutheraku finally heard some news from the "Land beyond the Gate". It had been destroyed by no other than his grandfather, the aspect of death, Deathwing. Zutheraku felt guilt for not being there to help his friend and the other mortals, but Neltharaku didn't care. In his opinion the netherwing flight should've stayed where they where, where they belonged.

Ignorning his father's words Zutheraku travelled through the Dark Portal to find himself in a world destroyed by Deathwing, but still beautiful and unbroken unlike Draenor. Not knowing what to do and unwilling to return to Outland Zutheraku took to the skies and flew north until he found himself in Khaz Modan, where he was attacked by a Dragonmaw hunting party. Weakened by a days of flight and lack of food Zutheraku was defeated, but he was later saved by a very unlikely group of people; a Dark Troll warband from the Realmbreaker tribe.

The Realmbreaker trolls brought Zutheraku to their home: Zul'Umbra in the Twilight Highlands. It was then revealed to Zutheraku that the trolls worshipped a Loa that took the shape of an uncommon dragon. The trolls had brought him there in belief that he was this Loa. Zutheraku took the form of a Dark Troll and named himself Zul'theri.

The Realmbreaker had no real leader, but in belief that Zul'theri was a Prophet of Umbronis, the Dragon Loa, they name dhim their leader. Zul'theri quickly picked up Dark troll culture, but soon found out that the tales he had heard of the trolls was not as true as he thought. At leats not the Realmbreakers. They were a jolly people, and while they didn't like strangers that much they loved to dance and party, but also to battle. Zutheraku adapted to this, but when adventurers started to come to the Twilight Highlands in pursuit of Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer Zul'theri opened up the gates to Zul'Umbra for anyone who wanted to join him in the battle.

Zutheraku rarely leaves the Twilight Highlands, but he has sworn that he will one day find out what has happened to Aedan, but many battles are between this day and that day.

I feel like this need some more information, and it probably does. Feel free to comment.
    Last edited by Neltharion the Black; 2010-12-14 at 09:09 PM.

Hi Netharion, wanted to give you a fist comment on your bio,

I think it was already commented in the idea thread that drakes can take every mortal disguise they desire, so the troll form is no problem regarding that, but i think he should be older if you want him to be able to transform into a mortal guise.

As far as i know dragons can develop from a whelp to a drake within roughly a year but i don't think they are at their full magical potential right away, I would think it takes them longer to learn the magics to do that, since I can't recall a drake from top of my head that changes from, only adult dragons/wyrms can do that, as far as I know. I didn't find a quick source about at what age dragons mature, but maybe someone with more dragon knowledge can comment on that. (looking at you BlackMage)

Concerning the character, I think he has very mortal characteristics to him, dragons are not known for liking parties as far as i know, also considering he is on a mission to stop Deathwing, he should have more important things to do than parties. But since he is with trolls now, i think i could roll with that, if you explain it a bit more in detail.

Another think that needs a more detailed explanation to my taste is how he came to like the moral races. that is a very big step from not liking them at all and being a lone wolf, to being accepted as a leader of a Troll tribe, more explanation is needed here to.

But since you are still writing up your story, see this as an up front comment,

I'm looking forward to the full story.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2010-12-13 at 01:40 PM.

I shall refrain my comments until you have further updated the bio, unless you wish to come to IRC (see stickies) and I can run you down on what I know of the nether drakes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Khor; the reason he's so young is because the Nether dragons wasn't created until recently. Why Neltharaku is so old is beyond my knowledge. And as to why he's acting so mortal is because the Dark Trolls really influenced his personality, and so did Aedan.

I still feel that I'm missing something, though.

I have concern with a dragon name beginning with 'Zul', a very prestigious troll name prefix

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deagle View Post
    I have concern with a dragon name beginning with 'Zul', a very prestigious troll name prefix
    the lack of an apostraphe in the name means that the "zul" in "zultheraku" isn't an honorific, but just part of the dragon's regular name.

to be on topic, though, I'm with Black; reserving judgement till the work is complete... not sure if I've seen a nether dragon character yet, so looking forward to it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is "complete", but I still need to improve it. I don't know where atm, though.

Apostrophe or not, he created the dragons name starting with 'Zul' because he had a troll guise, also beginning with 'zul', which is what was bugging me.

Just my opinion, but I think Zutheraku would be much better sounding for a Nether dragon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good point, Deagle. I will change that ASAP, and would also like it if Madgod changed the thread name to reflect this. (because normal members can't do that, right?)

His guise name will still be Zul'theri, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neltharion the Black View Post
    Good point, Deagle. I will change that ASAP, and would also like it if Madgod changed the thread name to reflect this. (because normal members can't do that, right?)

His guise name will still be Zul'theri, though.
    Done. Now, going to start looking over your bio. Be afraid.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 10:45 AM ----------

Personality: Zultheraku never had any love for mortal races. While he didn't depise them he rarely wanted anything to do with them. However, when he learned of Deathwing's return and the destruction he wrought Zultheraku, to his own surprise, felt a sting of guilt since he had never been with the mortals. After this event he befriended a dwarf and this made him grow closer to mortals. When the dwarf disappeared (he didn't die) Zultheraku decided to travel to Azeroth and do what he could to help the mortals.
    Okay, here you have a bit of incoherence. You say he has no love of mortal races, which is fine, yet how did learning of Deathwing's return trigger this new-found interest in them? As well, you say in his history he was slave to an orc, yet he was son of Neltharaku? As well, how did he learn of Deathwing's demise whilst captured? and you say he befriended an orc, whilst in your history you say he was freed? Hope you will clarify.

He's friendly to his allies and likes conversations. His personality is very cool and chill, but he's also very serious about his business and likes to party and explore the unbroken world. To his enemies, however, he is a fearsome opponent and a Dragon/Troll that not many would like to face on the battlefield. During battles his draconic heritage comes forth and he crushes his enemies with a great strategic mind and brute force.
    This doesn't fit the general persona of dragons, but I guess I could let it slide a bit. You say he was anto-mortal. How come he did a 180? It can't only be affiliated with Deathwing.

As said he acts cool and chill most of the time, but he has a short temper and when he does explode you better get the hell out of his way.
    Being a dragon, it's understandable. But, don't forget, dragons are strong, but not all that powerful. Imagine them as a group of 5 chars, if you put them in WoW terms.

Likes/Dislikes: Zultheraku likes food and party, but he does also like thinking up new strategies about how to counter the Black dragonflight and the Twilight's Hammer clan uprising in his new homelands.

While Zultheraku respects all living things he has a certain dislike to his ancestors, the Black dragonflight, and their followers, the Twilight's Hammer clan. Also, although he sees them as strong allies during his fight with the evil in the Twilight Highlands he doesn't like elves, neither blood, high or night.
    Where does his affiliation with elves come in? Hope it's explained in history.

Appearance: While in his true form, Zultheraku looks like a deep purple nether dragon that carries a lot of Dark Troll artifacts around his neck and on his back, revealing his alliance with the Realmbreaker Tribe. His wings are big and torn, and on his chest hangs the banner of the Realmbreakers, depicting a dragonic Loa. His face is also painted black with white stripes.

In his Dark Troll form his skin is still of a dark purple and he stands taller than other dark trolls. His head carries a big, red moehawk and like his dragon form his troll form is equipped with troll artifacts around his neck. On his back he carries the Realmbreaker banner, and he is clothed in wooden armor. Like his dragon form his face is painted black with white stripes.
    Forget not that nether dragons also have an etheral aspect to them.

Strengths/Weaknesses: His draconic heritage gives him a great advantage above his enemies. He is also very cunning and a great strategist, giving him and his allies advantage. However, as mentioned he has a short temper and can get carried away, and his lack of knowledge of this new world has also lead to some defeats.

History: Zultheraku was one of the first born sons of Neltharaku. Growing up in the harsh lands of Shadowmoon Valley, Zultheraku quickly learned to dislike the fel orcs, demons and blood elves that tainted the lands that he and his kind called their home. Until the Dark Portal opened Zultheraku's life was very boring and not much happened until his kind was captured by the Dargonmaw clan. Zultheraku was assigned to a very abusive orc named Gattorg. After three months of hard work Gattorg was finally killed by the dwarf Aedan Thunderforge.
    Dark portal opened years before the nether dragons' existance. Explain how he is the son of Neltharaku, yet captured by orcs.

Aedan and Zultheraku quickly bonded, but when Aedan was called to Northrend Zultheraku couldn't follow. After two years without hearing anything from his old friend Zultheraku finally heard some news from the "Land beyond the Gate". It had been destroyed by no other than his grandfather, the aspect of death, Deathwing. Zultheraku felt guilt for not being there to help his friend and the other mortals, but Neltharaku didn't care. In his opinion the netherwing flight should've stayed where they where, where they belonged.
    How did he learn of Deathwing? Why was he so affected by this? How did he hear the news?

Ignorning his father's words Zultheraku travelled through the Dark Portal to find himself in a world destroyed by Deathwing, but still beautiful and unbroken unlike Draenor. Not knowing what to do and unwilling to return to Outland Zultheraku took to the skies and flew north until he found himself in Khaz Modan, where he was attacked by a Dragonmaw hunting party. Weakened by a days of flight and lack of food Zultheraku was defeated, but he was later saved by a very unlikely group of people; a Dark Troll warband from the Realmbreaker tribe.
    Lack of food? You're a dragon. You hunt when needed.

Khaz Modan? Isn't that rather far from Twilight Highlands, in lore? Why would the trolls be all the way out there?

The Realmbreaker trolls brought Zultheraku to their home: Zul'Umbra in the Twilight Highlands. It was then revealed to Zultheraku that the trolls worshipped a Loa that took the shape of an uncommon dragon. The trolls had brought him there in belief that he was this Loa. Zultheraku took the form of a Dark Troll and named himself Zul'theri.

The Realmbreaker had no real leader, but in belief that Zul'theri was a Prophet of Umbronis, the Dragon Loa, they name dhim their leader. Zul'theri quickly picked up Dark troll culture, but soon found out that the tales he had heard of the trolls was not a s true as he thought. At leats not the Realmbreakers. they were a jolly people, and while they enjoyed the heat of the battle they enjoyed partying and dancing even more, and Zul'theri quickly adapted to this. When adventurers started to come to the Twilight Highlands in pursuit of Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer Zul'theri opened up the gates to Zul'Umbra for anyone who wanted to join him in the battle.
    Partying or hunting, which is his priority?

Zultheraku rarely leaves the Twilight Highlands, but he has sworn that he will one day find out what has happened to Aedan, but many battles are between this day and that day.

I feel like this need some more information, and it probably does. Feel free to comment.
    Those are my opinions. Your idea is a good one, and simply requires a bit of work. Good luck!

Well since deagle is banned for some reason, I can't continue the debate till her gets back, but I wanted to clarify on what I said.

There's nothing wrong with using "zul" in both names, from a racial point of view. The zul means nothing, for the dragon name, but is an honorific for the troll name. As well, it is a cool way to link both identities to eachother, not just by who they are, but by their brand of magic. As well, pretty much every dragon's regular name is tied to their mortal form's name, usually from the first portion (as in the part that doesn't designate flight/gender (-strasza for a female red dragon, for example.)) Chromie and Krasus, for example.

Maybe I'm also being too argumentative, but if this character's name is pronounced "zuhth-err-Ahh-koo", as the spelling indicated, I feel it doesn't roll off the tongue as well as other dragon names, in my opinion.

I don't wanna make you change your descision, nelth, just wanted to get my full point out there

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got the intended pronounciation right, and no, it doesn't roll off the tongue (but neither does Neltharaku in my opinion)

Black Mage; your points are very much valid and I will try to fix them ASAP. However, the Twilight Highlands are part of Khaz Modan, and the reason he didn't eat anything was because he was confused about the new world.

Also, I forgot to mention, but the Dragonmaw was travelling towards their camp in the Highlands and that's where the Trolls attacked.

Minor ban... some silly thing that taught me never to try rebuke idiots over the internet. Please continue whatever debate we were having, madgod