Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i am only level 84 atm

and sofar i have only been tanking instance as i cant be ashed to wait in queue :P

but if soemone would ask me my dps i would say 13K that is what i did last time i was dpsing, and that was lvl 80 :P so my dps probely a lot lower nowdays but i personaly have no idea
    thank you for your guesses, your poor english/grammar, and your overall lack of contribution to this topic.

To the point, when I queue with my guild and have to go cat, with a full bear spec in bear gear and bear glyphs, I am pulling about what you are saying you pull (somewhere in the 7-9k range) on heroic bosses. And I suck at feral DPS. The one thing I do know that I do decently is keeping up savage roar! =) I am actually going to try a full cat spec with glyphs and (hopefully) cat gemmed gear...but what I have has lots of dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubina View Post
    well apparently Rake has been nerfed big time -.- so see what numbers come up tonight if i manage to log on!
    huh? source?

you'll lose ~1-2k dps from the rake nerf it went from 30% of our damage to 20% so a pretty large nerf.

To OP: As has been said when people say they do X dps that means they did it once on a tack and spank fight more often then not. In LK i was damn good dps i came within 95% of the best recoreded dps on most fights. Now due to not playing for a while + 90% tanking in cata, my roation is defently not perfect i have iLvL 340 highest i have done is 15k. But that is hero + cds + full buffs + stand up fight + maybe some crit luck. But i also suck as cat right now and i see tons of mistakes in my rotation probably bunch more that i dont see.
    Having overall 10k in a heroic is just fine.

If you can do over 9K on the nukier boss fights, you're fine. Most DPS had dipped a little from full 264 when we first hit heroics but have surpassed our old numbers now (I reckon with proper raid buffs in ICC I could do 18K now and I was topping out at 16.5K before). Bear 2 things in mind.

1) Buffs. These will make a 20-30% difference to your DPS.
    2) Gear, even gaining 60 or 70 ilevels (not AVERAGE but just total) will make a noticeable difference to your output. I replaced two 318s with 346s and a 325 with a 333 and went up about 1K.

That's it. Consider these.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I have been playing feral DPS for quite a while now and feel that I know my class and how to squeeze the most out of my rotations and priorities to put out the most damage I can. I read quite a bit on the forums (both here and official WoW) and I constantly see ferals stating they are dong 12K-14K dps (or a number close to that) and aren't even doing heroics yet. Right now, just getting ready to do heroics (my gear average is two points too low atm), I am not coming anywhere close to that and only on rare occassions do I actually hit 14K in a fight.

I am doing 9K to 10K on boss fights right now while trash mob dps is dependent on serveral factiors. In 5-man instances I top of charts in overall damage dealt (usually by quite a large margin), and my dps is either the highest of the group or within 20 dps of the number one spot held by a mage.

I understand there are people out there that are better...there always is...but a 4,000-6,000 dps difference a lot of people are claiming seems more like BS the more I see it. I guess that either I am in need of a serious L2P session or there is a lot of smoke and mirrors trying to be passed off by the pre-heroic group.
    I think people lie. I haven't leveled my Druid yet, so I can't do a direct 1-1 comparison, sadly. Just to give you an idea though, on my unholy DK in mostly 333-346 blues with a few quest greens left, I'm doing 9-10K average DPS in Heroics. I typically top the meters in every guild or random group I've been in with those numbers (not that I'm awesome or anything, my gear is a bit better on average). The absolute *best* DPS I've come across so far was a Hunter doing 11K, and he was in almost complete 346 gear. I find it very hard to believe that any DPS is doing 14K on a regular basis in mostly 333 gear. Top players in all heroic gear and entry level epics may be hitting those numbers regularly, but no one in the 333 avg ilvl range is.

Always assume that people do less dps than they tell you. Seriously. People exaggerate on the internets even more than in real life, because you don't have to prove it in most cases on the internets anyway.

Also 9-11k on a boss in a heroic is decent unless you have epic items, then your lowest average should surpass 10k
    Last edited by Quehn; 2010-12-15 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    huh? source?
    just what I've read here while working xD under the "Rake bug??" thread ... cant link for some reason

will see what the fuss is about soon, hopefully its nowt!

In heroics you'll generaly do more dps cuz mobs have more health, feral basically has the best DoTs in the game, so longer fights = more dps.
    Also getting a few heroic pieces will help a lot.

before you hit 85 and get geared for heroics I would not worry one bit about the dps meters, just learn the encounters and master your CC and positioning for each fight.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt