Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Are the priest changes designed to help with mana?
    I guess, in some weird twisted way; mana isn't so much an issue given that the healing output is crap, you just get to spam a couple more crappy heals (they heal for about the same as they did at 80, but players have x5 more health).

Pfft, buff priest mana regen but don't touch resto druids and we are in the same boat, going oom in 25 man raids within 90 seconds, using pot and innervate.

Argaloth now respects the faction that kills him and does not drop trinkets for the opposing faction.''''

damn some of them already have tier 11 halfway like 2-3 pieces, and im still in greens and barely doing heroics. think its time to switch my guild becuase they are gonna take their time for raids.

lol ensidia 10 man, guess they can't complete with paragon for 25 man kills anymore.

In before fanboys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    lol ensidia 10 man, guess they can't complete with paragon for 25 man kills anymore.

In before fanboys
    I don't care for either guild and I still say they are equally challenging, if not 10 more so.

Deleted
    This whole discussion about if 10man kills are as legit as 25man kills just points out the obivious even more: World first is bullshit and cannot be used for shit, it's usually a matter of minutes or an hour or two :P And since no one seem to be able to agree on the rules for who's to be credited with World First, why even bother arguing? It's like with Athene's world first 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny wasnt Adept that guild that got a few world first in MC/Blackwinglair and Aq40 back in the told days?

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Funny wasnt Adept that guild that got a few world first in MC/Blackwinglair and Aq40 back in the told days?
    No sorry, you've got us mixed up with another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Incelcior View Post
    It seems like Exploit was involved in Ensidia's kill. :P
    I rofled about that when i saw the SS

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Stacks of obsidium ore are going for just over 100g on my server now, which is pretty reasonable. Elementium is about 200g.

I found lots of obsidium in Deepholm as well, the eastern side seems to have it more than the west.

Vashj'ir is also a goldmine for gathering ore/herbs if you're a druid in aquatic form and have the glyph, you swim as fast if not faster than seahorses!
    Same for me on Elune. I WISH that i was on those servers where Obsidium is going for 1k a stack. I still make lots of money on Obsidium, but its between 150g - 180g a stack mostly.

Deleted
    Let's be honest these days the mechanics for 25's is the same as 10 and the only thing that makes them harder are the 3/4 window licking keyboard turners you used to have to take to get end content gear.

If you feel big because u like driving the sunshine bus on a magical tour around end game instances feel free - but because you do so does not mean its a harder encounter.

25's are not what they were - fact.

Not standing in things is harder to do when you have more people. More people can also not do the right thing, and cause additional damage to other people.

The whole "zomg less people can die in 10m" doesn't really give any more or less credit to 10m. In 25m, if you have certain people die, it can be just as disastrous. Especially when we are faced against some strict enrage timers on bosses, or various DPS races for certain phases. Losing a dps or two is a huge drop off in damage.

Regardless, grats on heroic Halfus to all who did it. A simple fight on normal, but they always are. Heroic fights are where real guilds step up in the beginning, and form their own strats versus reading on the internet.

I like it. It's like Blizzard posted a Holy Paladin mini - 'How To Heal' Guide.

STFU AND GIMME BACK HOLY LIGHT SPAM! D:

Quote Originally Posted by BoneLoc View Post
    Are you kidding me?

In some cases 10 man can be hard, but seriously don't compare 10 man to 25 man. No way Blizzard can balance it to be equal and it's a damn shame that sites like wowprogress.com can't track progress correctly atm.

The differents between 10- and 25 man are going to be more obvious when guilds starts to do heroics.

BUT, hopefully sites like wowprogress are going to find a proper way to track progress soon.

So yes, it does matter if the kill is done on 10 or 25 man!

Yep it's true, 10 mans tend to be harder because one mess up = whole raid wipe...That's why so very few 10 man strict guilds killled LK on Heroic compared to how many 25 man guilds killed LK on Heroic. I don't personally think they're ever going to be able to completely balance them because 25 super geared people =/ 10 super geared people. Mechanics are mechanics and when you have more people to cover messups (particularly healers) it helps SO much.

Spent all of Wrath in a 10 man strict guild. Whenever we'd do 25 mans before becoming a 10 man strict guild, it was stupid. I could eff it up bad, die and we'd still down the boss, np...

The only thing harder about 25s is all on the raid leader in that he has to get 25 people online, ready and most of them cooperating. They likely did 10 first because they could not always get 25 people on and staying for that long, so if you mean like that, that 25 is harder, then yes.

I think we can all agree that Heroic is what matters.
    Last edited by Xelestial; 2010-12-16 at 06:47 PM.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Paragon has several Blizzard Devs in it mate. That was the real reason Ensidia got shoehorned out if you want to split hairs. I should know, I used to work for Vivendi in the days before Activision. It isnt about competing with Paragon, you simply CANT compete with forces arrayed like that against you if they want their cheesecake first. They will go over combat logs for hours and find any means that they can use to achieve their goals. Even if its something that is a technicality and legitimate error. Look at the WoW Forums and the replies to Feedback in Wrath / Cataclysm Beta if you need further proof of that. But hey your entitled to your opinion chief. I just know I pay $9.99 for WoW because I have a discount.

In any case, lets try to keep the talk clean. Your trolling, and baiting people in a hope for incendiary replies, and thats against the ToU on MMO's forums. Both guilds Adept and Ensidia are equally skilled and succeeded where 90% of the player base cannot. Saying that 25 > 10 man is like saying Apples beat Oranges. They both drop the same loot, and they both are balanced. You can do either 1 or the other but not both, or I wager Ensidia or Adept would of had the 25 man Achieve also.

And yes Vazar, I concur. Priest Buffs are grooood. ^_^
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2010-12-16 at 09:31 PM.

Nerd guilds continue to be losers, should they get a cookie? no, they need to do something better with their lives

oh yea also 25 man much harder than 10 man, especially for world firsts, in 10 man an individual loss may be more important but for 25 man you also have 15 people that need to be geared and not stupid to fuck everything up. On LK for example thats 15 more people that may stupidly stand in defile and wipe the raid. with world firsts that means you need to have 15 more pathetic nerds racing through content to be all geared up and ready to go to be finished all the content and then do nothing for the next 3+ months for a patch then race through it all again.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2010-12-16 at 09:50 PM.

I have the suspicion that Blizzard would do away with 25 man raids if they could get away with it.

The 10 and 25 man raids sharing the same loot is a signal from Blizzard that they don't feel 25-man raiding is necessary or even desired now.

There are two reasons why 25-man raiding won't go away:
    1. existing large guilds who have a long-standing 25-man raid core can keep doing their thing without guild drama or split
    2. new guilds who want to grow bigger for guild achievements and to level up the guild more quickly can have one 25-man raid instead of coordinating two or three 10-man raids.

The 25-man raiders can drop the snobbery and elitism. Blizzard is trying very hard to make 10-man and 25-man raids equivalent in effort and reward.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneLoc View Post
    Are you kidding me?

In some cases 10 man can be hard, but seriously don't compare 10 man to 25 man. No way Blizzard can balance it to be equal and it's a damn shame that sites like wowprogress.com can't track progress correctly atm.

The differents between 10- and 25 man are going to be more obvious when guilds starts to do heroics.

BUT, hopefully sites like wowprogress are going to find a proper way to track progress soon.

So yes, it does matter if the kill is done on 10 or 25 man!
    Apparently, you missed everything Blizzard said about Cataclysm raids. 10-man and 25-man raids are specifically designed to be equal in difficulty. Furthermore, because one person slacking in a 10-man raid has a greater impact than one person slacking in a 25-man raid, 10-mans are arguably more demanding of player skill.