Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykrn View Post
    GZ Ensidia and Adept

Obisidum Ore now spawns slightly less frequently in Mount Hyjal.?!?!?!?! Whaaa? Obsidium is going for over 1k per stack of ore on my server because there isn't enough of it and that seemed to be the case on every server. Anyone know why it's been reduced even further?
    Same here. Obsidium ore already seems ridiculously hard to find at times and now they are nerfing the spawn rates? Sigh.

+1 for Hardcore Australian Raiding Rep ;D

There's not going to be a way to track 10/25 man progress automatically, since both versions share the same achievements. Data will have to be submitted to a site manually by the guilds, or something along the lines of matching up World of Logs data with when achievements were earned. Of course, that still requires someone to manually submit data somewhere.

10 & 25 man are equal right?....lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, page 2 and already this is turning into an Ensidia bash.

Good job to both of em! I bet that wasn't easy considering the current gear level.
    Also: Kungen is a Goblin now, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by stonhinge View Post
    There's not going to be a way to track 10/25 man progress automatically, since both versions share the same achievements. Data will have to be submitted to a site manually by the guilds, or something along the lines of matching up World of Logs data with when achievements were earned. Of course, that still requires someone to manually submit data somewhere.
    That's not completely true. There is many ways of extracting data from Armory. If you read wowprogress.com there is a lot of ideas how to solve the problem.

Are the priest changes designed to help with mana?

HaHa! All the QQers out there got a slap in the face from blizzards deveopment team! That explanation on Holy Power as a Holy Paladin was Epic! I hope somone out there learned somthing today

Deleted
    since blizzard merged 10 and 25 men raids the 25 men kill is worth nothing anymore concerning server and world first!

Quote Originally Posted by Dooku View Post
    I don't see why anyone cares about 10 mans, everyone knows 10 man versions of raid instances are just easier versions of the 25 man versions. S
    I hope you are trolling, else that is quite the display of ignorance. In my experience 10 man can be a lot harder than 25 man simply because you don't have the same buffer for mistakes as you have in a 25 man raid. If one person fucks up and dies in 25 man chances are that the 24 others can go on without that person.

While in 10 man if you don't overgear the fight (like if you did 10 man with actual 10 man gear and not 25 man gear) one death usually means a wipe. I can't count the times we just had to give up on LK heroic 10 man simply because one person in the raid did a single little thing wrong and we were utterly fucked.

Deleted
    lol Beider

look at the achievments in the past 10 man instances were cleared months before 25 men instances see LK heroic mode ... this is a joke if you really think that 10 man and 25 man have the same difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by goas View Post
    lol Beider

look at the achievments in the past 10 man instances were cleared months before 25 men instances see LK heroic mode ... this is a joke if you really think that 10 man and 25 man have the same difficulty
    As far as I know 10 man heroic LK with only using 10 man heroic gear (not 25 man, over gearing it completely) went down after the 25 man version.

The thing is in the past most top guilds have been running 10 man with 25 man gear, thus completely overgearing the encounter. This is also the experience for most people who run 25 and 10 man from WOTLK, they come into 10 man with way better gear than they should have and completely demolish it. This does not mean that 10 man is easier, it simply means it is easy if you overgear it, which is true for any encounter.

I think people will realize how much harder 10 man can be now that both instances are balanced around exactly the same gear, people who are used to 25 man will get a shock when they see how little room for mistakes there are in 10 man instances.

The same was true for the jump from 40 to 25 man, in 40 man you had more slack simply because you had more people. On my server (Burning Blade-EU) back in the days of MC/BWL we usually had at least 2-5 people disconnect during boss fights. In 25 man 5 people disconnecting wouldn't work, you can support 1-2 disconnects but not much more. In 10 man you really don't have much wiggle room unless it is a very easy encounter.
    Last edited by Beider; 2010-12-16 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Are the priest changes designed to help with mana?
    isnt it obvious?

Deleted
    no Beider this is not true! Many Encouters have been cleared with PdoK Gear in ICC even bevore there was a chance to get any 25 man loot. The Encouters hare much easier than in 25 man encouters. and try to get 25 people of equal skill and equipment and then try to get them for 10 man instances and then tell me if this trouble is worth for 2 pieces more loot? i made every heroic encouter in wotlk 10 man and 25 man and i can tell you that 10 man is a joke like now too. tell me why on earth every 10 man kill was before the 25 man kill in cataclysm? exactly ! it is much more easier!

* Rake will no longer receive twice the benefit from the Feral druid Mastery Razor Claws.

So, rake took double benefit from mastery or what? That's why it critted that much? Too bad cause DPS decreased a lot compared to other classes now =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this makes me feel bad about my non-heroic kill. :<
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Deleted
    no Beider this is not true! Many Encouters have been cleared with PdoK Gear in ICC even bevore there was a chance to get any 25 man loot. The Encouters hare much easier than in 25 man encouters. and try to get 25 people of equal skill and equipment and then try to get them for 10 man instances and then tell me if this trouble is worth for 2 pieces more loot? i made every heroic encouter in wotlk 10 man and 25 man and i can tell you that 10 man is a joke like now too. tell me why on earth every 10 man kill was before the 25 man kill in cataclysm? exactly ! it is much more easier!
    or maybe because we are only a week into the expansion and not every guild had 25 raider's ready to go. in Wrath 10 man was easier, due to the fact as people have said you can over gear it. However that isn't the case no more and I've heard allot of people say that 10 man is harder since on some fights you have the same amount of add's and damage going around, but less people to handle it.

Deleted
    Uhhhh Why are we reporting on 2x World First kills when this doesn't exist anymore ?

I have always been against the amalgamation of 10 and 25 man raids, but the fact is, it's here. Blizzard wants to amalgamate the two, and that's what guilds are also currently doing - a lot of them switching from 1x 25 man raid to 2x10 man raids. So it only makes sense to report one world first, as, well, there is only one world first now. Also, it says 'first'. Also, there's only one achievement.

I agree there are differences in difficulty etc etc, but that's not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneLoc View Post
    That's not completely true. There is many ways of extracting data from Armory. If you read wowprogress.com there is a lot of ideas how to solve the problem.
    right, ex: You can track how many people get the achievment at the same time...

gz adept! and shame on you ensidia for going that lame way

I'm not saying it is less trouble to arrange a 25 man raid, I am simply saying you have more leeway for fuckups in 25 man, thus it is easier to do for the average guilds (where you have some not great people in your guild). Also you obviously should get more loot in 25 man since you have more people to spread the loot between.

And you said yourself you made every encounter in 25 and 10 man, and you think 10 man is a joke. This only reinforces my original assessment that you outgeared 10 man since you had 25 man gear, which of course will make it easy.

And the reason we are seeing 10 man first now is most likely that the top guilds are having an easier time gathering up 10 man raids during these first few weeks when people haven't had time to level and gear properly. This does not mean 10 man is easier.