Thread: Grim Batol HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Grim Batol HC

<<<Holy Priest PoV>>>
    Best F***ing instance ever. Ever i say!
    The 2.5 hours spent on completing this insane dungeon, was the most excitment i've had in PvE for 2 years(The fact that i was the first healer in our guild to get it done, increased the feeling several times. It made the other shut up about the Priest being behind the other healer classes ).

So i wanna hear. How have your experience been with GB HC? don't matter if your tank, healer or DPS!

Deleted
    Had some legendary wipes in there... people standing in fire. People not standing in the "eye". In short, its awesome that heroics are heroic again i just wish people would grow a brain.

not so hard, after all.
    I mean, if you have a good healer, and dps whit brain and knoledge GB hero is not so demanding, yes big and heavy damange fall from the f*** wall, but this is another story...

For a stance, 1° boss is so easy whit a C\C (too bad if LFG dosen't give y any C\C)

Tank poV

Deleted
    Easily the hardest heroic, though it got kinda messed up as it's the only heroic I haven't done with a guild group (pugged a tank and a sucky ret dps, messed up loads)

with guild members we usually steamrun though most of the heroics by now

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's not that hard actually. Finished it a couple times already and every run is better, meaning no wipes and general 5-10 minutes quicker than the last one
    Aerie-Peak-EU

I feel nerf hammers incoming, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    Dear lord i hope not

Nha.
    A dps who fail whit tattic, will fail.

As a dps, I love the first boss. Controlling the troggs while watching out for charge is as much fun as raiding. Last boss is great, too. And now that they've fixed the forgemaster, I love this instance. As it stood before, a healer could get impaled and killed without healing himself. That's a broken mechanic.

I wish that they'd take out half the trash. I don't enjoy doing pull after pull of methodically mowing down adds. It's unnecessary and not fun.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Deleted
    Thats why they made the dragons now innit?

Deleted
    Its actually one of the easiest heroics imo. You can get all packs to <50% with the dragons, and the bosses are extremely simple and no where near as punishable as some others. Still wouldn't want to pug it though.

Deleted
    Grim Batol, imo is one of the easiest dungeons, bosses are basically the same on heroic as they are on normal...

I love Grim Batol too, cleared it 3 days after i dinged 85!
    I have only cleared enterything once, it's a very difficult instance!!

Great fun, challenging the first few times. The only heroic I don't like is Halls of ORigination, takes to much time. Halls of Stone of Cataclysm, everything Brann is involved in is always terribad for some reason.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
    Grim Batol, imo is one of the easiest dungeons, bosses are basically the same on heroic as they are on normal...
    If the whole group follows the "book". Everything is "easy". That's life

Important for me as a Holy Priest!

Finished it last night, with a nice group.

OT:

After i mastered the new priest healing style, and got some better gear. Healing is F U N!
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-12-16 at 10:44 AM.

Shhhhh!

Dont give the bad players ideas!

Awesome instance I must say.

Deleted
    I've seen only the first two bosses in Grim Batol heroic yet, mainly because we had a healer that just got himself able to enter heroics and wasn't realy geared for healing through the second boss. Mainly, I think all of the heroics are alot better than in Wrath, especially with crowd control being recycled. In most Wrath heroics you could actually easily tank a whole pack and AoE them down. As long as tank holds aggro and healer doesn't die, it was fine.

At the second boss our problem was that the healer went oom much too soon. When he uses his shield flame wall ability, it is nearly impossible to get out of that without taking atleast one hit from it, as it turns immediately. And that was what was eating our healer's mana. I guess that's part of the reason why Blizzard implented the ilvl system, to make sure freshly dinged 85's first take a look at the normal dungeons before going into heroic. This is great though, you won't see any new 85 with heirblooms and greens in heroics like you saw in wrath, making the chance that you can execute these "harder" heroics even with pugs since there is a gear minimum to enter.

Also having to use my traps is actually a lot more fun then to just shoot stuff untill they die Heroics are awesomesauce.

Did it with guild yesterday and I tanked it my gf was healing group was DK tank, holy pally, warrior fury, mage and hunter. We just did trap at will and pew pew stuff we did one bad trash pull but army saved the day. Forgemaster Throngus surprised us when he started breathing fire on us while we where in a nice little cone together (twice) and that stressed out healers mana and we needed timewarp on the Drahga Shadowburner (our dps still have bad gear) but in the end cleared the instance with no wipes. Last boss was laughable easy 2 dps on one add and me tank and dps on other.
    But for me Stoncore was the most epic feeling maybe because we got it as our second heroic and had 2 warrior dps in group.

Edit:
    I just wanted to add this.
    About that shield flame wall thing i was always wondering why does the animation look so stupid in normal ... well i found out when I got that flame in my face :P
    Last edited by CrusnikNlo; 2010-12-16 at 09:59 AM.

Grim Batol has Red Dragon Swarm in it. So its epic by design. Red Swarm is epic I like the part where you fly over the Trash and aoe the shit out of them like " ROAR Dragon Rage".

<3 Red Dragons