Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In my most humble opinion this thread is completely fail, yet oddly entertaining. Skimming through the replies, it's apparent that half, if not more of the posters didn't bother reading many, if any of the referenced blue posts. This thread should have been named "Blizzard [Community Managers] managing the community with witty quips"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Are you really that insecure and uptight that a person joking around offends you? I mean...have you never made fun of someone or joked about something? Seriously, lighten up.

God forbid someone have a sense of humor and work for a company you pay money to. I mean, I'm sure you'd think it's fine if he says the same thing but his text wasn't blue. That way of thinking is just...strange.
    But we fell in love, again.
    This time forever!
    True love prevails over all!
    ...She got hit by a truck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just stepping in to give a general warning here.

Attacking other users' arguments in a nice or at least moderate manner is fine.
    Attacking other users in any manner will net you a warning (unlikely since I just gave one) or a ban of varying severity.

Just keep that in mind as you all reach the heated points of the argument.

Edit: Great, it looks like the argument had already reached that point. Now I have to go back and give warnings, hopefully nobody said anything bad enough for a ban yet.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-16 at 05:15 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    Lately, I've been noticing a lot of rude, obnoxious, and uncalled for comments on the official forums; not from players, but from Blizzard. Specifically, Bashiok.

I know this isn't the first time someone has made a thread about this, but I'd just like to present a few posts I disagree with that I've seen the past few weeks/months.
    Despite if the posters "deserved" the treatment or not, I still think Blizzard employees should act seriously and not like children and derail their own threads. This usually isn't a problem with Blizzard, but in my opinion it has been lately.

What do you think?
    You fail to understand something. You do not treat people that are bad/stupid/do retarded stuff with respect, not in games, not in real life. NEVER. It's the worst mistake you can do, beeing kind to people when they are stupid and that for one single reason: they will never learn. When a child misbehaves what do the parents do? Tell him it's ok and he should continue? No, they will punish him and he will think again before doing something stupid. If you do not, he will continue to do foolish things, not listen to you as a parent and most likely will lack respect in general.
    In our case, the playerbase that posts is composed of mostly "entitled" people. They belive they should get everything they want without any effort, like a spoiled child. That did happen in Wrath and it made Blizzard change it's mind fairly quick about how they handled things. They made content harder (yes there were some nerfs but it is still much harder than what wrath was) and they now tell people that are stupid to fuck off. Don't get me wrong, Blizzard isn't doing this just because "it's for the players", they are a company and they want money. During Wrath they lost a ton of old subscribers (they only gained 1 milion subscribers in 2 years wich is stupid since in BC they gained ~5-6 milion subscribers and the game wasn't so spread at that time). "Rude" blue posts are more than welcomed if they make the bad players go because with the quality of the playerbase the number of subscribers will grow aswell. There is a blue post from a while ago saying that the GM's will become rude to stupid players and that the playerbase itself should mock/insult bad players or they will never learn. (I will try do find it and edit the post)
    I'll take a real life example for today and not to show that I did something AWSOMESAUCE but to remind people where "we" society are at the moment. I was walking back home from school and an old man slipped on the ice, fell face-first and was severly injured. He broke his nose and lost a lot of blood, broke the middle finger from his left hand (literally, his bone was piercing through his skin) and sprained his right wrist. He couldn't get up and I watched around 20-30 people passsing him on a crowded street, noone even looking at him. I must confess that I wanted to pass aswell but than I asked myself "why should I be like the rest, plain stupid and not doing the right thing?" so I stopped, helped him get up and noticed how bad injured he is. He was no way a hobo, he looked more like a businessman but that didn't matter. I ended up staying with him untill the ambulance arrived.

TL;DR -> Don't be nice to people that are plain stupid, they will never learn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    ok then when you are banned form the forums do they stop taking money no but if you are banned from the game they stop taking your money ....
    I'm guessing you are trying to formulate a logical premise with

1 when you are banned from the forums they do not stop taking money

2 when you are banned from the game they do stop taking money

therefore??

I'm just going to bring up the first one I used by asking you how do you post on the forums. You must have an active sub. If anyone could post on them without an active sub you would be absolutely right. IF people could post on there that previously had an active sub but currently didn't, again you would be right. By limiting it to only currently paying customers you are limiting it by money transfer.

And there you go with the insults again.
    Everything to you is an insult it seems. Look, if I want to insult you I would call you a dickhead or something. I'm not, I don't care to insult you. Hell insulting you would make you quit our little discussion, and I'm enjoying it. Maybe I was a bit of a dick a few pages back, but that was just poking a little fun at you so to speak. I haven't been mad, at all this entire discussion. I would encourage you to smile a bit and enjoy a good conversation. Believe it or not they are a rarity in this world.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2010-12-16 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Then he should quit, though I fail to see how sitting on your ass all day trolling forums and getting paid for it can be any sort of stress. If people here consider that stressful I can't imagine what you would consider a day of construction work, or ditch digging.
    I suppose stress can affect all of us difrently, but having worked as a farm laborer(A job that included such activities as ditch digging, picking up rocks, and minor construction) and then having worked for years in customer service, I can definatly state that for me the ditch digging and construction was MUCH less stressful.

The only way I could see construction being more stressful than customer service would perhaps be if you were the manager of a major construction project, but then alot of that gets away from being a physically laborous project, and back into customer service. (That is; to please your client)
    Last edited by Rendar; 2010-12-16 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Edited for some spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by Denlore View Post
    Agreed. I'm tired of "professional" responses to stupid questions, especially QQ.
    Being a ''paying costumer'' doesn't give anyone the right to act like shit or deserve respect because they pay. You want respect? Show respect. Act like a douche, you'll get treated like one.

Not happy with a service? GTFO and put your money elsewhere. Be angry as you want, you'll get rudeness as your answer. (Been working in service related job for over 6 years now. 0 complaints. Shits get treated like they deserve.)

BTW, I like Bashiok.

I'm guessing you are trying to formulate a logical premise with

1 when you are banned from the forums they do not stop taking money

2 when you are banned from the game they do stop taking money

therefore??

seee again demeaning and insulting

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 12:18 PM ----------

I'm just going to bring up the first one I used by asking you how do you post on the forums. You must have an active sub. If anyone could post on them without an active sub you would be absolutely right. IF people could post on there that previously had an active sub but currently didn't, again you would be right. By limiting it to only currently paying customers you are limiting it by money transfer.
    ok you got me in this one
    Last edited by micho; 2010-12-16 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz's forum community is absolute shit. Those guys are saints for having the patience to put up with some of the mouth breathers that are on there. If Bashiok or whoever decide they want to mess around sometimes I honestly see nothing wrong with that. Did you see what he said in the second link you provided? People are always going to misconstrue one thing for another, you can't please everyone/make everyone think you are some sort of humorless moderating machine.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermind View Post
    1. Guy made a stupid ass post, got a stupid response (lovely quote from one of Adam Sandler's songs)
    2. What is wrong with this?
    3. What is wrong with this?
    4. What is wrong with this?
    5. What is wrong with this? Pete's Dragon reference.
    6. What is wrong with this? Pete's Dragon reference.
    7. What is wrong with this?
    8. What is wrong with this?
    9. What is wrong with this?
    10. Lyrics from Radiohead's "4 Minute Warning," semi-related to the thread title
    11. Dumb statement, Paladins aren't casters and Bashiok made a dumb comment in response
    12. Poster named "Cupcake" made a good thread, people posted "thanks" and such, Bashiok posted an apparently awful ASCII art cupcake as a joke/thanks. What is wrong with this?
    totaly agree with above

If you act like an idiot, which ALL OF THE PEOPLE were doing in your posts you linked; then you will get treated as such. It's high time the forums got some real life responses.

Imagine if one of them saw Bashiok on the street! I'd bet 1k that not ONE of them would have the balls to say: "hey man you're doing *this* wrong".

You are wrong, but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now. Also you should know that just because Ad Hominem is a fallacy, it is not always fallacious. Still I will wait for one of you, perhaps all 4 of you at once, to create a logic set for your argument that you don't pay for the forums. I have already destroyed the one argument that tried to say you didn't. So many you guys can come up with a better one.
    Ok, the forums are not free. Not that it matters, since it got nothing to do with the topic. No, it doesnt. And also this topic got nothing to do with logic. Just opinions which you share or not.
    If you say 'plz' because it's shorter then 'please', i will say 'no' because it's shorter then 'yes'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    seee again demeaning and insulting

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 12:18 PM ----------

ok you got me in this one

O.k. gd it, now I'm getting a bit angry. None of that comment was meant to be demeaning or insulting in the slightest. Did you think the part where I wrote "I'm guessing you are trying to formulate a logical premise" was meant to be an insult. You are wrong. It was a statement on the direction I was headed with my post. Did you think the "therefore??" was meant to be an insult? You know I'm not asking this just to see myself type. I would like to have a good discussion with you, but I can't because while I was being a bit mean awhile back I'm not now. So I'm not sure if what I'm typing just comes across that way or what. It's like that guy who thought I was making fun of his job because I said he knows about being a professional. He didn't even get that it wasn't his damn job, it was him for acting the way he did. This is all off topic though.

How about this, if you think I insult you in a post, send me a message through the site. If I meant it as an insult I will tell you. Otherwise assume I'm completely serious.

This is getting rediculous,

Blizzard is a company that should act as such. We are the consumer, meaning we deserve to be treated with respect. Alot of people in here are treating blizzard as an entitlement government, gimme gimme gimme and ill give you my freedoms.

If anyone went to a restaraunt and asked what the soup of the day was, even though the waiter has been asked 50 times that day alone, and he responded with the same arrogant attitude that blizzard feels they need to treat us, you would never go to that restaraunt again. Most people here dont seem to understand that the power lies within the poeple. Quit bending over and taking it from Blizz.

Also:

Bashiok:
    Mwahahahahaaaaaah!

/wringhands

Tard Poster:
    With all due respect ... this is the kind of reply to players that can be taken the wrong way and cause trouble.

What the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    Lately, I've been noticing a lot of rude, obnoxious, and uncalled for comments on the official forums; not from players, but from Blizzard. Specifically, Bashiok.

Despite if the posters "deserved" the treatment or not, I still think Blizzard employees should act seriously and not like children and derail their own threads. This usually isn't a problem with Blizzard, but in my opinion it has been lately.

What do you think?
    I actually clicked on a half dozen of those links you posted OP and you need to relax. The guy is having fun, he is answering the questions and responding a helluva lot more than your average blue.

As was said earlier on, we are damn lucky to hear anything at all from Blizz... they certainly don't have to respond on a daily basis to a bunch of whiners like us.
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

O.k. gd it, now I'm getting a bit angry. None of that comment was meant to be demeaning or insulting in the slightest. Did you think the part where I wrote "I'm guessing you are trying to formulate a logical premise" was meant to be an insult. You are wrong. It was a statement on the direction I was headed with my post. Did you think the "therefore??" was meant to be an insult? You know I'm not asking this just to see myself type. I would like to have a good discussion with you, but I can't because while I was being a bit mean awhile back I'm not now. So I'm not sure if what I'm typing just comes across that way or what. It's like that guy who thought I was making fun of his job because I said he knows about being a professional. He didn't even get that it wasn't his damn job, it was him for acting the way he did. This is all off topic though.

How about this, if you think I insult you in a post, send me a message through the site. If I meant it as an insult I will tell you. Otherwise assume I'm completely serious.
    ok maybe then you don't realize the way you write is insulting ,i personally am not insulted but the tone is demeaning you get what im saying?

Quote Originally Posted by uschearaklol View Post
    This is getting rediculous,

Blizzard is a company that should act as such. We are the consumer, meaning we deserve to be treated with respect. Alot of people in here are treating blizzard as an entitlement government, gimme gimme gimme and ill give you my freedoms.

If anyone went to a restaraunt and asked what the soup of the day was, even though the waiter has been asked 50 times that day alone, and he responded with the same arrogant attitude that blizzard feels they need to treat us, you would never go to that restaraunt again. Most people here dont seem to understand that the power lies within the poeple. Quit bending over and taking it from Blizz.
    Asking someone what is for dinner is NOT the same as abusing developers on a forum. You deserve what you get because that's the way you treat the blue posters. ("you" is figurative, don't get balls deep in anger here)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    As was said earlier on, we are damn lucky to hear anything at all from Blizz... they certainly don't have to respond on a daily basis to a bunch of whiners like us.
    Perfect example of someone who doesnt seem to understand BLIZZARD WORKS FOR US

Anyone remember Tseric and his downward spiral into lunacy over modding the official forums? Bashiok is starting to remind me of how Tseric was acting before he got fired. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets more and more out of hand over the next few months and history repeats itself.

Just my input.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics