Is this a good choice for an alt?

Ok, my main is a Hunter with Mining/JC (I was actually Skinning/JC at the start of the expansion but that was going to be insane (read: expensive) to try to level JC). I like JC for the income flow as, I stated, this is my main character.

Since my main dinged 80 late in Cata (after ICC 5-mans were released), I never had the time to seriously level an alt because I was spending the bulk of my time doing stuff with my main. Now that I'm present for the length of an expansion, I expect to have plenty of time to level an alt as a support character for my Hunter (who I intend to remain my main).

I rolled a Worgen Rogue last night, because I'm thinking it's a good choice for support class. I will go Skin/LW with him to benefit both himself and my main at higher levels (and since he's Worgen he skins faster). Rogue has a similar playstyle (i.e., using a Focus-style bar), although that's a minor concern tbh compared to being able to use LW for himself as well.

I'm reasonably comfortable with this choice, but I'm wonder if there's another alt class/prof combo that may be a better choice. A herb/alch alt I can see as being useful, but I don't know if it would be more useful than skin/lw. I also know that you're "supposed" to be two non-gathering professions when you're a top end-game raider, but that's honestly not me and I prefer the self-sufficiency of gathering-crafting prof combos.

Thoughts?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Mainchar: Jewelcrafting + Enchanting/Blacksmithing/Engineering etc
    Alt: Mining/Herbalism

= WIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that is a fine choice i would have done the same or made a class (wouldnt matter which) with mining to supplement your Hunters JC and something else like ench or alch that wouldnt be rediculously (but still very) expensive to lvl up.
    You may be smarter than me but I inherited a multi-million dollar enterprise.

Would depend on your plans for this alt once capped imo.
    If you want to PvP with him then engineering still has some nasty tools at its disposal
    when combined with the LW bonuses you will do very well.
    JC is always a really good one to have for min/maxing but who wants to have
    two toons with the same prof?

If you plan to raid i would definitely stick with LW as the bracer linings are tops
    you can probably find a better profession to boost your DPS than skinning though.

Haven't gone through all my toons professions yet however but thought id throw this in anyways.

Heres what i have.
    Main hunter: jc/eng
    Alt druid: herb/alch
    Alt pally: mining/bs
    and im going to lvl a worgen rogue for skinning and lw
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2010-12-16 at 08:51 PM.

My chars:

Main: Hunter, JC/Engineering
    Alt: Death Knight, Mining/Skinning
    Alt: Druid, Herbalism/Alchemy

Here's mine:

Horde
    Hunter - Mine/Eng
    Warrior - Mine/BS
    DK - Herb/Inscript
    Rogue - Skin/LW
    Warlock - Ench/Tailor
    Druid - Skin/Herb
    Shaman - Herb/Alch

Alliance
    Rogue - Skin/LW
    Druid - Herb/Ench
    Pally - Mine/BS
    DK - Mine/Skin
    Shaman - Mine/JC
    Hunter - Skin/Herb

I hope that helps!!
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Why do you stack gathering professions on multiple characters? Its just not efficient

Initially my main was LW/JC, and I leveled my DK with skinning/mining during that time.

He's only been Eng since 2 weeks before Cata.

Deleted
    [Main] Druid - Herb / Alch
    [Alt] Hunter - Mining / Skinning

Had mining and skinning since I started the hunter, mainly because it was my first char on a new server, just so I could earn money. Now it's just a good moneymaker for my Main.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Initially my main was LW/JC, and I leveled my DK with skinning/mining during that time.

He's only been Eng since 2 weeks before Cata.
    My hunter started out skinning/lw. Went to lw/jc. Then just like you a couple weeks before cata i dropped lw and went engi. I leveled up my palli at the same time i was doing jc so it didnt cost much. Engi was lazy and bought almost everything

I found someone selling really cheap Saronite, so that was nice when I leveled Eng.

I farmed the expensive mats (i.e. Mithril, Truesilver, and Thorium).