Is it ok to supplement PVE with PVP pieces?

Dinging 85 soon (would've dinged a few days ago if I didn't get distracted by other pursuits), and I'm going to be looking at i312 pieces in a couple of slots. I have enough JP to buy a piece, but I also have enough HP to get a PVP piece as well (or two? I can't find the costs on Wowhead). Is it ok to buy a PVP piece or two to PVE in with the understanding that I'll be upgrading to a PVE piece as soon as I can, or am I risking shunning/booting if I do so? I can't imagine it'd be an issue, but the userbase has disappointed me before ...

EDIT: To be more specific with my concern, since you require a base ilvl to do some dungeons, putting on a non-ideal PVP piece could be considered just trying to raise my ilvl to qualify for the dungeon
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2010-12-16 at 04:29 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Its perfectly fine its actually better then what most people do and have gear in there bags that have no usefull stats to them but increase there avg ilvl

O and remember reps you are atleast honored with usually have some sort of 333 ilvl that has nice stats and will help you get in heroics faster
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2010-12-16 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

EDIT: To be more specific with my concern, since you require a base ilvl to do some dungeons, putting on a non-ideal PVP piece could be considered just trying to raise my ilvl to qualify for the dungeon
    Blizz's ilvl feature counts the pieces of gear in your bags, so you don't need to wear it to raise your ilvl.

Deleted
    At the moment, its perfectly fine. a 365 pvp epic offpiece is just as good, or sometimes better than a heroic blue.

Deleted
    years ago when TBC came out, i used to see a lot of people doing a lot of pvp to get the S1 gear and then gem them up with pve spec gems so that they could get into heroics / low tier raids to get better gear. With wrath i saw a lot of people running through HC's with full PVP sets on and they were facerolling the content, i guess that it's the norm to do that. Unless blizz has changed the way that pvp items stats are, they seem to be almost as good as normal pve items, so i guess they'll be accepted for pve content.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
    Blizz's ilvl feature counts the pieces of gear in your bags, so you don't need to wear it to raise your ilvl.
    But that doesn't mean you are geared enough for heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    years ago when TBC came out, i used to see a lot of people doing a lot of pvp to get the S1 gear and then gem them up with pve spec gems so that they could get into heroics / low tier raids to get better gear. With wrath i saw a lot of people running through HC's with full PVP sets on and they were facerolling the content, i guess that it's the norm to do that. Unless blizz has changed the way that pvp items stats are, they seem to be almost as good as normal pve items, so i guess they'll be accepted for pve content.
    I've seen 5-5.5k GS geared players not break 3k dps because they used full pvp gear in wrath. Full pvp gear is bad. Some til you get better pve pieces is ok.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine, especially at the beginning. Comparing the blue caster relic bought with honor to the green one I got as a quest reward, I get more int, stam, spirit and that makes up for losing a secondary stat to resilience until I can get a drop from a dungeon.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

As long as the total stat value is an upgrade from what you have, then go for it imo. I wore the wrathful caster cape on my hpally for awhile in wotlk because I couldn't get anything better ><
    That being said, 333blues are usually better than the pvp epics, and 346 blues are always better.... assuming they have your stats of course.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Compare stats. High level PvP gear roughly breaks even with 333, and is worse than 346 for PvE. Generally it's almost never worth it.

Just wear whatever gives the most dps?